Midgard, the realm without moral.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by hiban
You both seem to think you rule this thread and that YOU have to finish it? Its an official forum. got to bed if you are tired. The rest of us can keep the discussion going, np...

Did i mention any of your names in my posts? I didnt, did i? Read MY posts more carefully, rather than adding your own corrections to my thougts and points of view. Its clear that to some ppl, their own style of playing and behaviour should be seen in others, or else they are doing something wrong. Or they are wankers or stupid or 14 year old...

assuming u mean 'you both' as in me and filo; when have we said we rule this thread? when have we said WE had to finish it?

what i meant in my previous post (it really was pretty obvious what i meant, but i'll put it in idoit's language just for you) is that ppl who come to this thread just to say somthing that has no relavence or point should go away, if u are going to make a point, fine, if u going to say somthing relavent, again, fine. hell, prove me wrong (i'd love to see you try).

but there is no point in coming here saying albs sux because we say mids sux etc..

for example....

Originally posted by multiples
maybe u should get some rest after a whole day crying cuz u lost the relics teehee

sheesh.

this has nothing to do with what we are talking about, it has nopoint, no relevance, no reason for it, thats what the GO AWAY was directed at.

ofc i am not a mod, so i cant make ppl 'GO AWAY' when they spam a discussion.

B

Bejeezus

It's late and there's really not much to discuss anyway, so here we go. I'm not going to stereotype all mids, but I have this to say to the organisers of this raid:

You suck.

Whatever your justifications, what it boiled down to is quite simple....

Random mid RR leader 1:
Oh we had a few tries and we can't do it primetime, because of spies/alb zerging/500 fotm infils logged at relic keep (delete as appropriate).

Random mid RR leader 2:
I can't be arsed to keep plugging away till we succeed... (enter whine mode) but I reeeeaalllllyyy want that 20% bonus.

Random mid RR leader 3:
Hey guys, I've got a great plan!

:puke:

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by Bejeezus
It's late and there's really not much to discuss anyway, so here we go. I'm not going to stereotype all mids, but I have this to say to the organisers of this raid:

You suck.

Whatever your justifications, what it boiled down to is quite simple....

Random mid RR leader 1:
Oh we had a few tries and we can't do it primetime, because of spies/alb zerging/500 fotm infils logged at relic keep (delete as appropriate).

Random mid RR leader 2:
I can't be arsed to keep plugging away till we succeed... (enter whine mode) but I reeeeaalllllyyy want that 20% bonus.

Random mid RR leader 3:
Hey guys, I've got a great plan!

:puke:

heh a frightening simulation, u must be scarred for life after writing that :D

B

brommix

Well this is a Grand flame thread :)
Whats on stake here! It isnt about when you can attack relics, it is not about alb realm being bigger than other realms. This is about throwing a gauntlet at your opponent and say : I dare you!!!.
Mids leadership (and yes all big middie guilds know that and ackowledged it at the time) Dared albs to take relics at primetime.....the reward would then be that mids would be only attempt RR at the same hour.
So from an albion point of view this has then proved to us that the Midgaard leadership only try and make deals when it ONLY benefits themselves, from their own selfish point of view. You cannot change the basis of a self acclaimed Dare, when the other part have taken it up and completed his/theirs share of the deal.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by brommix
Well this is a Grand flame thread :)
Whats on stake here! It isnt about when you can attack relics, it is not about alb realm being bigger than other realms. This is about throwing a gauntlet at your opponent and say : I dare you!!!.
Mids leadership (and yes all big middie guilds know that and ackowledged it at the time) Dared albs to take relics at primetime.....the reward would then be that mids would be only attempt RR at the same hour.
So from an albion point of view this has then proved to us that the Midgaard leadership only try and make deals when it ONLY benefits themselves, from their own selfish point of view. You cannot change the basis of a self acclaimed Dare, when the other part have taken it up and completed his/theirs share of the deal.

heh i wonder how many ppl share this view, there certinatly seem to be a few, spoke to a person who has recently gone alb from mid today, was saying pretty much the same.

can all these ppl be wrong?

hopefully this is just due to some of the mid leader ship beaing on holiday etc, when tehy come back maybe (just maybe) we will get our worthy adversaries back. one things for certain and thats that some (all?) of these dumbarses arnt worthy.

please, if ur going to make a point (this is directed at mulitples mainly) make it soon, im getting bored.

M

multiples

me oh yeh im happy mids have str relics, you? no? im sorry

B

Begach

To the mids on the RR:

Tbh i care little who has the str relics. I get sliced up off some fucker either way. Whether it be savages in emain or infs in odins makes little difference to me. I will say this though: Moral standards are generaly set by community concensus and the concesus atm seems to be that you are wankers (Don't you just love it when we can all come together and agree on something) Enjoy!!! :great:

And to the muppets with the "pride, honour whats that???? it's a game FFS!!!" responses this is just for you:

Noone gives a fuck about your char, class or tbh what RR it is. It means fuckall to this or any other community member above the age of 10 years. Your actions however dictate who you are and your ability to handle adversary. Pride is knowing in yourself and those around you that you can overcome. Honour and moral code are making sure it's fair when it occures. You are however correct, pride and honour are laughable in a game. Both are human traits and if you are looking for them in a game it explains a great deal.

PS an tiv, please say NP where nowhere fuckin near this raid???

B.

D

dukat_lionheart

blah logging now, g'night, good disussing with ya :)

(thats to the ppl who made a point (skile, iorlas, Tiarta, filofax, Madkobold, old.Nol, Kindar and Aussie-))

and please tivook and multiples, grow up.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by Begach
To the mids on the RR:

Tbh i care little who has the str relics. I get sliced up off some fucker either way. Whether it be savages in emain or infs in odins makes little difference to me. I will say this though: Moral standards are generaly set by community concensus and the concesus atm seems to be that you are wankers (Don't you just love it when we can all come together and agree on something) Enjoy!!! :great:

And to the muppets with the "pride, honour whats that???? it's a game FFS!!!" responses this is just for you:

Noone gives a fuck about your char, class or tbh what RR it is. It means fuckall to this or any other community member above the age of 10 years. Your actions however dictate who you are and your ability to handle adversary. Pride is knowing in yourself and those around you that you can overcome. Honour and moral code are making sure it's fair when it occures. You are however correct, pride and honour are laughable in a game. Both are human traits and if you are looking for them in a game it explains a great deal.

PS an tiv, please say NP where nowhere fuckin near this raid???

B.

well said

B

Bejeezus

Noone gives a fuck about your char, class or tbh what RR it is. It means fuckall to this or any other community member above the age of 10 years. Your actions however dictate who you are and your ability to handle adversary. Pride is knowing in yourself and those around you that you can overcome.

:clap:

Going in my sig tbh.

H

hiban

And my posts arent obvious? To some ppl the alarmclock raids are accepted. To some they arent. Middies are 14 year old wanking CS players when they do alarmclock raids. Fine... Albs never made alarmclock raids? And if mids started the alarmclock raids (which is not the way i remeber it. but it matters very little), then what about the albs doing the same thing?

Im not telling anyone how he/she should play the game, as i noticed long ago that cant be done. Adding Gordonax´s and the "so many others oppinion" wont change much, do u think. I have my point of view perfectly clear.

Lets say one alb starts to "plan" an alarmclock raid now, do u think he would have a problem getting ppl for it? And would you start to talk them out of it? I think you, as most would say: "well, they did it on us. So its ok for us to do the same thing to them. No matter if im there or not". Ofc, i dont know you personally, so i cant say for sure that you would. But that what most ppl would do. I knew we we´re gonna morning raid the albs. I didnt participate in the raid. I didnt try to stop the raid. Neither did i care about the raid one bit. Though, i still think it adds a bit of action to the whole RvR experience. Today we got to fight some and try to defend the keeps (as much as we could, between the lds)

I wont continue this discussion, as it wont lead to anything. You are ofc free to do so, as u seem to know how to solve all the problems in the world.

I think its ok for all 3 realms to do morning raids. No matter if my realm gains or loses relics. (notice I,as in ME, not "everyone". or "Its is")

K

kirennia

Originally posted by chruxh
Are we talking about a game here ? Or are you so lost in this game that you really take this on to a personal level, if so i strongly suggest that you quit playing this game !

Oh I almost forgott ... i'm from sweden !

For you in relation of it just being a game...

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Totally. That's why most of us use our alarmclocks to get up for work. Not at some lame hour on a weekend to play a game.

Originally posted by arcadius
Why is the time of the day such a pest for you? If you were a warlord in some medieval war, would you send out your troops at a time you know the enemy is on their feet and alert and would most certainly have serious losses on your side eventually underlaying a defeat?

Oh, wait, your an alb.
Never mind.

It seems to me you are taking the game too seriously? Comparing a game to a real life war for the sake of morales and FUN is just bad.....When I run someone over in a racing game i don't think ooh shit I've jsut run some1else and become a fugitive irl...

Originally posted by Madkobold
he he he amazing to see some people talk about moral in a game where the soul purpose is to kill one another.

Moral, ashamed.....where are you from, moral majority ?

Again, why relate a game where sole purpose is for fun to real life?

Originally posted by iorlas
Mids = wankers simple

Not all, just those who attended the raid.

Originally posted by Tivook
Logging in 400 ppl at 8:00 pm outside the relic keep = just as bad as a ninja raid so plz stfu you fouking morons, im startin to get tired reading this sh1t on bw each time someone takes some relics.

Tiv

Wrong, we had 200 people on the relic keep at prime time, we were even spotted before hand but no decent defence was mustered.....1fg attacked us in the 20 minutes we were there if im not mistaken? :p

Well in this game the other realms are enemies, is that a good enough reason ?

If you saw a friendly alb irl who gives money to the poor and houses orphans, would you punch him in the face just because its a game and hes an enemy there? If not then why disrespect people you don't know just because they are behind a screen trying to have a bit of fun.

Doh, just gone onto 2nd page noticing there are 7 already, cba to wade through the same replies over and over but that written above could pretty much just be copied and pastied to every mid trying to justify the raid. It was pure and simple wrong and you know it is.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Tivook
Logging in 400 ppl at 8:00 pm outside the relic keep = just as bad as a ninja raid so plz stfu you fouking morons, im startin to get tired reading this sh1t on bw each time someone takes some relics.

Tiv

this is such fucking bullshit and u know it...

if its just as bad and the outcome is the same, then why didnt u do a ninja-raid instead of a gay-alarmclock raid again?

R

Riddler

why is everyone going on about all this pride and moral and yadayada....since when was this a fucking roleplaying game anyways?

you do what you can to win so whatever

B

Begach

Originally posted by Riddler
you do what you can to win so whatever

Radared much mofo?

*Insert varing degree's of "I never used radar j00 ****" etc*

No you don't. Why not? Because noone in the community would ever class it as winning if you where to win whilst using it. Fuck the inferior distributed design that allows it or the powers that be who do the banning. They have no way of ever finding out, but why not? Could it possibly be that the reason is the way the entire community would look at you? Everything you've worked for will be worthless.

The raid was an embarrassment to the whole of mid. You obtained the relics but in no uncertain terms did you ever fuckin "win" anything. You "do what you can" to be losers by action.

I have no idea if you where even on the raid but in short do whatever the feck you want dude, you missed the point passing you by so much you can't even see it in the distance anymore. But don't expect anyone in the community to ever consider the raid a "win".

PS Can the mids who were not on the raid stop defending them FFS. It's embarrassing. The whole fuckin realm just give up or what?

B.

S

skile

Originally posted by riv
its quite funny all this... but a serious post if i may:

albs out number mids by a significant amount on excal. in zerg warfare, which is what relic raids generally are, numbers count.

noone blames albs for having more players, thats just how it is. on pryd its the mids who have more. of course, a population imballance like this will obviously lead to disproportionate numbers of players turning up to events like a relic raid.

the bigger the total number of people on the battlefield is, the more the difference is going to be noticed. a relic raid is going to bring a LOT of people, and with so many players, the ratio of albs:mids is going to really matter.

what am i saying? well we all know albs have a reputation for zerging on exc, as do the mids on pryd (which is just a natural result of the population situation). there's nothing really to be done about it- you're not going to ask players not to participate because you'll outnumber the enemy, of course not.. but there are some situations where such numbers become almost undefeatable, thus we have alarm clock raids and the like.

its just a natural result of the situation on excalibur. its got nothing to do with honour, or mids being 'wankers'... (people who throw such insults should be ignored imo)... its just how it is.

if you cannot match an enemy's numbers, then you work around it. if you only have 5 groups, and the enemy has 12 groups, you are very likely to lose (assuming a reasonable level of skill, and an average group setup for all). in zerg warfare, there are only so many tangible ways you can implement tactics, thus ... yes.. the general will devise a work around.

the game is about killing the enemy and taking their forts and their relics. the relics are supposed to change hands- woundn't it be boring if they didn't?

mid hasn't had the relics for a while now, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't a large number of people log, group by group outside the mid relic keep, then all log on together and attack in a fashion that basically made mustering a defence nion impossible? fair enough, thats one way of doing it. the albs did not march through odins together in columns, banners held high for all to see did they? the raid may have technically taken place at 'prime time', but it was certainly organised in a such a way that it circumvented the midgardian defence rather than directly confronting it. tactics.

instead of flaming on here, in irc, and wherever else; calling mids honourless wankers etc, why not just concentrate on getting the relics back.. the fulcrum of the end game.. and remember it is a game and does not really, as someone pointed out, warrent being taken on a personal level.

do as the hibs do, sit back, relax and smoke a joint of sweet hibernian leaf.

Bullshit, it's not natural. Mid is still a very big realm with a lot of active players. They can wield a huge army to attack alb-relic at primetime, the thing is, they don't even wanna try to give albs a chance, eventhough albs gave mids a chance.

S

skile

The whole point with this thread is to stop mids from doing another alarmclock-raid. Albion was the realm who stopped this cowardless act and will not seek vengeance, atleast I hope. Albion will probably do a primetime raid next time. And then I sure hope mids won't pull of a alarm-raid again.

G

Gordonax

Not to worry, albs tend to be to proud to do them alarmclock raids and hibs don't care much for str relics.

Err... hello? The last Alb alarmclock raid was a long, long time ago, before the truce was called on them and for good reason.

Really, if you have a case to make, make it. If on the other hand, you want to point and say "YOU DID IT FIRST!!" please go back to school soon.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by hiban
Adding Gordonax´s and the "so many others oppinion" wont change much, do u think. I have my point of view perfectly clear.

I think its ok for all 3 realms to do morning raids. No matter if my realm gains or loses relics. (notice I,as in ME, not "everyone". or "Its is")

I think you're missing the point completely of what I'm saying. I couldnt' give a monkey's nuts about what's "morally" right or wrong about alarmclock raids. What I know is that they take away part of the fun of the game for the majority of players, because they make relic raids in prime time, *when most players play* pointless. They mean that the majority of players never get to take part in a relic raid. Relic raids become the province solely of the small minority who can get up at ludicrous hours during the week - oh, you don't think they'll stop at weekends only, do you? Because they won't.

If you don't see how that's a bad thing for the game, then you're being very short sighted.

L

letterbox

Cant wait till the forum goes down, whiners get a life.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by skile
The whole point with this thread is to stop mids from doing another alarmclock-raid. Albion was the realm who stopped this cowardless act and will not seek vengeance, atleast I hope. Albion will probably do a primetime raid next time. And then I sure hope mids won't pull of a alarm-raid again.

Do u actually know how many of the servers population read these boards?

Don't think so.

Let's start a ping pong and we'll see who really needs them the most, atm it seems like u do since u bring those numbers to take em back. We can get around 250 lvl 50 to defend, and maybe as many lvl 40+. But anyway i don't care of either this or that, let there be a huge ping pong over those damn relics. We all know what realm will try keep em all the time anyway so why even bother.

M

Madkobold

Originally posted by Gordonax
Err... hello? The last Alb alarmclock raid was a long, long time ago, before the truce was called on them and for good reason.

Really, if you have a case to make, make it. If on the other hand, you want to point and say "YOU DID IT FIRST!!" please go back to school soon.

errr so ?

The relics are there to take so the mids wen't and took them. Well done! Alarmclock or not they achieved what they set out to do so what's with all the whining ?

R

Riddler

Radared much mofo?

*Insert varing degree's of "I never used radar j00 ****" etc*

No you don't. Why not? Because noone in the community would ever class it as winning if you where to win whilst using it. Fuck the inferior distributed design that allows it or the powers that be who do the banning. They have no way of ever finding out, but why not? Could it possibly be that the reason is the way the entire community would look at you? Everything you've worked for will be worthless.

The raid was an embarrassment to the whole of mid. You obtained the relics but in no uncertain terms did you ever fuckin "win" anything. You "do what you can" to be losers by action.

I have no idea if you where even on the raid but in short do whatever the feck you want dude, you missed the point passing you by so much you can't even see it in the distance anymore. But don't expect anyone in the community to ever consider the raid a "win".

PS Can the mids who were not on the raid stop defending them FFS. It's embarrassing. The whole fuckin realm just give up or what?

B.

lol so ur comparing cheating to ninjarading....great

C

cha0tic

Originally posted by arcadius
Why is the time of the day such a pest for you? If you were a warlord in some medieval war, would you send out your troops at a time you know the enemy is on their feet and alert and would most certainly have serious losses on your side eventually underlaying a defeat?

Oh, wait, your an alb.
Never mind.

true true :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by chruxh
Are we talking about a game here ? Or are you so lost in this game that you really take this on to a personal level, if so i strongly suggest that you quit playing this game !

Oh I almost forgott ... i'm from sweden !

Are you saying that they way you behave ingame does not reflect the type of person you are outside the game?
About 1% of the Excal server does Roleplay...
Regards, Glottis

B

bjorne

Originally posted by skile

Everyone who participated in this raid should be ashamed. It's wrong, and you know it.

I wasn´t there but im very proud of them :kissit:

As for mids having no moral... it´s a game and any1 having moral is bound to lose.

Atleast now all the fotm infils might decrease in numbers abit :kissit:

N

Nazghul-

IN THE OLD DAYS THE VIKINGS RAIDED THE PANSY BRITONS IN THE MORNING HOUR, STEALING THEIR GOLD AND RAPING THEIR WOMEN.

I can roleplay too u know :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom