MagunsK/Nic..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
how about removing the level limitations on fort defenses outside of primetime? its getting "abused" pretty bad right now when one side cant field enough lvl 37+ the other side has a walk in the park. and at those times anything must be better then nothing.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Primetime changes constantly though, wouldn't it be better to simply boot a sub 37 char when a level 37+ entered the zone?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Primetime changes constantly though, wouldn't it be better to simply boot a sub 37 char when a level 37+ entered the zone?

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this, they promised that it would be open for all levels. Though saying that they also promised that there would be huge battles for fort defending and attacking.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
They are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this, they promised that it would be open for all levels. Though saying that they also promised that there would be huge battles for fort defending and attacking.

Fort battles are still huge affairs and any level can participate. Takes a few tries to get in sometimes, but most sides cycle players now when they die, so you get in, then out, then back in.

Honestly it's rare i ever find myself unable to get in, only happened twice to me so far and was always able to get in on the second try. Still, it doesn't detract from the fact that the numbers are capped at times and players are left sitting on the doorstep.

Server stability seems much improved now (crashing the fort is not a valid defence tactic antymore :p) so I wonder how long it'll be until Mythic test it again and consider removing the caps, they were never going to be permanent things afaik.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they were never going to be permanent things afaik.

well i'm kinda scared they will be. and from what i've heard more and more servers start attacking forts alot earlier in the day in the hopese the other side can't field enough lvl 37+ for a proper defense.

and any of the sub lvl 37 can't even help defending because they just get a popup saying "supplies are strained" and then get booted to their warcamp when they try to enter.

not to mention the city defence itself. there u need to be 30+ to help defend but you will be able to do fuck all unless your a healer as there aint any level buff in there, so u'l fight at your true level.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

no it wont, you will never have the same number at noon on a saturday as you will have at 6pm and up for example.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
fix the lord pull bug, fix NERF THE FUCK OUT OF THE OVERPOWERED CLASSES IN ORDER!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
seems like GOA doesent want to touch this thing :(

wouldn't mind having their views on it. not just having them read it, as i'm sure they have.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
*touches this thing*

Good suggestion, some of the flaws have already been mentioned in this thread though. Why don't you try to flesh it out some more? Constructive feedback is much appreciated!

Forwarded the basic idea.

Edit: Also, a cookie to the next guy who actually spells Magnus correctly. Stop butchering the poor fella's name already!

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Wouldn't it be great if all ~300k subscribers made FAO threads to GoA/Mythic with random thoughts?

I think it would be awesome....

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
no it wont, you will never have the same number at noon on a saturday as you will have at 6pm and up for example.

Holidays for starters and when does primetime start? 6pm? 7pm? or do you know when people all log on?

When I monitor server loads at work, it varies every single day, not by a huge amount but 1 day in 10 will stand out as completely odd. Put simply they'd have to have some automated system that tweaked things on the fly. Which frankly, can't be that hard to do when they've got the source code :p

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
i would not like to see a lower level character kicked from the fort simply because a higher level turned up. That could impact on a group or warband who had (for example) a 36 healer with them and no others - suddenly with no warning their healer is gone. I think who gets into the fort (while a limit exists) has to be down to the realms organising themselves. Organisation is part of the game after all.

If you cant get in you can help anyway, trying to stop the other realm getting to the fort to defend it is useful.

I think the limit will end up permanant. If you put massive numbers in a small area you are going to get bad lag unless people are running supercomputers - I can see no way around that. When the actions of characters from all around europe (and beyond) have to be calculated and relayed back to a PC sat on someones desk at home, all in the space of less than a second so you can see what is happening then the scale of the problem shows up. Most PC's, servers and network connections are just not there yet so limits need to be set.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt it just be better if they fixed the code and allowed everyone to access and enjoy the game?

TBH i really dont understand it. In beta on NA mythic side we were doing big City events and what have you with plenty of players. On Elder test server we had HUGE fights and zip lag (vid lag).

It wasnt until they fannied around with punkbuster that the lag was introduced. I know Punkbuster was dropped for now but thats when the keep/rvr lag started.

Also against the dropping folk when others enter the area etc. Not fun for guilds or friends,never mind the confusion as stated when your healer vanishes lol.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Edit: Also, a cookie to the next guy who actually spells Magnus correctly. Stop butchering the poor fella's name already!
I consider it a good day if I spell my name correctly but you never give me a cookie when I do!

Oh wait, you do give me cookies sometimes.. I've got to give it to Ctuchik for creative mis-spelling though - I've never seen that one before!

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

A quick & easy solution for this would be to have an instanced mini-zone that only L29-37 could enter - something like "Battle for the gate house" or "The tunnels". Make it so those scenarios have a real outcome on the effect of the battle too - e.g less guards, no oil/seige weapons, whatever. Allow those tunnels to drop conq gear or something perhaps? (as right now it's way too rare and not that good for how rare it is).

Everybody wins that way. The sub 40's get to contribute and the 40's dont get narked at sub 40's in the fort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom