Legion Raids

T

Treniel-

urm are drop lottos just taking the piss now? for the second time in a row a lvl 42 has got the Legion Soul Splitter which is a lvl 51 item...why on earth would lead organisers give it to someone who can't use it for 8 levels and then not properly till rr5?

heres looking at u Fixx. i heard u threatened to keep the EBOP to great one :rolleyes:

A

Arthwyr

for once i have to agree with treniel as im a fan of the "Need before greed" policy and giving a legion weapon to a 42 really is taking the piss. Even at LvL 50 you wont be able to use it to its full potential unless you are RR5 or upwards.
For those of you who dont know it the effective dps of your weapon goes up with your level however this does not stop at lvl 50 but then carries on in RR's

Example: my 99 qual guarded rapier (16.4 crafted dps) had an effective dps of 16.0 at lvl 50 RR3, 16.1at RR4 16.2at RR5 and 16.3at RR6. So giving a 100 qual pole of 16.5(?) dps (crafted) is utterly stupid.

T

Treniel-

erm thats actually wrong arth 16.2 = rr1-4 16.5 = rr5 hence the problem :/

K

kirennia

as explained to you in game treniel, the pole went to LoD thus we did what was right...we gave it to the only tank on the raid able to use it who happened to be a lvl 42 (used a lvl 50 on the raid). He however is not using it now and is lending it to another guild member (lvl 50) to my understanding until he is high enough to use it. I know the full potential is rr5+ and the lvl 50 isnt rr5+ either but if really all the best drops r ONLY going to rr5+ then i could see a lot of people not wanting to turn up to legion in future : / If we had literally no1 who could use it then we would not have gone for it cause its a waste. <just as greg didn't vote for the friar vest>

rr doesnt imo mean instant access to every drop over a lvl 50 char...the lvl 51 chain hauberk we also got was lottoed and tho im only chain user in guild rr5+ on the raid, it was still lottoed fairly and in fact went to Ghengis a rr3. The lotto was fair, the result was random. We got lucky this time, maybe you next time

C

Cowled

GIVZ ITAMZ!

No seriously..

I don't play anymore, but i do know crafted + Spellcraft = best weapon ingame..

So why are you guys killing legion? You should be money-hunting.

H

Herbal Remedy

and treniels a twat even if he did get it hed still hide on milegates using his xbow :p

W

-Wedge-

Well, we got a BP, AF102 with some neat stats (from yesterdays raid)... Currently it looks like its going safely in the guilds vault till a tank hits RR5 in our guild...

But saying 'its not fair that bladiebladiebla', if it was lotted to LoD, and LoD decides to give it to a level 42, then tough luck... Their drop... Imho, we wouldnt do that (even if the 42 was on the raid), but thats up to LoD to decide...

Need before greed does not (and will never) work on raids like this, because that way only a hand full of people that are on these raids will qualify... Why would a 'common' RR2/3 tank join if he/she will never be able to get a drop...

And Cowled, to answer your question, the BP we got yesterday has around 36-42 'points' of stuff on it (24Str/12Con 10% heat&body), while a BP (100% qual, AF102) can only contain 32 points without overcharging... (I think it even has a proc or charge, not 100% sure)

Fun thing for us is, it stimulates tanks to RvR and get RR5 asap to be able to use this drop ;)

O

old.Wildfire

The drop lotto system in albion is seriously flawed in my opinion, compared to the other two realms.

Like it or not, RVR really is the end-game of DAoC, and priority for high-end items should be given to those that can use them properly. If I were in charge (haha, nightmare) the only people elligible for these 16.5dps weapons or known "uber" drops would be those that are RR5 or above. The soul splitter may be a good example, but imagine if <random non-rr5+ player here> had got the blade of power when it dropped?

Some will no doubt argue that RvR is not the only thing to do in DAoC. However, unless you're playing RvR, why the hell do you want a 16.5DPS weapon? Sure, some may say that they're "roleplaying the ultimate daemon-slaying orc-bashing elf-eviscerating bad-ass" but lets face it, this is just an excuse to claim the best kit.

In future please, don't give any 16.5dps weapons to anyone that isn't RR5 or above - it's just plain wrong k. The same goes for AF 102/51 legion/dragon drops.

Please.

edit #1: rr2/3/whatever players should still join raids because the rest of the kit on offer is just as effective for them as the uber items. The only people who are capable of getting any additional use from them are those of a higher realm rank.

edit #2: anyone who doesnt even apply to the RR scale (non 50's) will benefeit from the large amounts of exp on the raid as well, plus seal drops, so "stfu whining" seems to apply quite nicely - subtle or not.

O

old.LandShark

A little more patience and a little more 'filtering' perhaps needs to be applied in these situations? OK, LoD got the pole, they gave it to their best user for it. But for heaven's sake, if they only had a 42 slash polearmsman, why didn't they get another drop instead? =/
I'm not able to suggest a better system off the top of my head, but seriously, change needed...

O

old.Wildfire

For a guild to be elligible for a lvl 51 drop they have to tell the person doing the lotto who their lvl 51 player (rr5+ k ST?) is, otherwise they're inelligible. Simple, really.

J

Jiggs

not agreeing or disagreeing but just a little info:

Humberton won a Legion Pole in one of the recent raids.

we only had one polearms tank and he was about 45 at the time.

since he was on the raid it went to him, now you can whine all you want but the fact is that player is now Level 50 and well on his way to RR5, only a couple of weeks later.

change the rules if you want but imo you will have trouble finding enough groups to go along with you if you are going to be selective.

W

-Wedge-

Well, to my knowledge most of the stuff dropped by Legion and the Dragon is 'uber', sure you have the more common drops in them from for example prince's ... But as said, you can get those from the prince's with way smaller numbers (and thus way less hassle and more chance for a drop)...

Saying only RR5+ should apply for those is stupid, I myself am 'only' RR4L8, which means I wouldnt be able to apply for an uber wizard drop... Ok, you could say: but your nearly there, so its OK... Well, if thats the case, where do you draw the line?

The reason any 50 goes on a legion raid is to get the chance to get an uber drop, saying that 0.3 dps 'makes a real difference' is just to make you l33t (I'd like to see damage differences between a 16.2 and 16.5Dps weapon)...

A lotto between guilds that participated is fair, imho, else the only way to lotto the items would be between players (not guilds) that can use them... The 'lotto horror' would be pretty big... And personally, I dont see that as fair...

Another dilema, a guild has an RR5 but that RR5 wasnt on the raid, would you still allow that guild to lotto for that item?

N

)nick(

Ok giving it to a non lvl 50 is a bit extreme, but giving items based on their RR just isn't done. Who cares if someone can spend their time playing daoc 24/7, or is a hib (NERF j00!), and thus farm more rps.

K

Khalen

LOL you guys are real sicko's, talking shit about 0.3 dps like it's gonna change the world if a not RR5 is using it. I have one myself and am still not RR5 but I can tell yah that the weapon has helped me win some battles because it still kicks ass. If you cannot share fair then do the raid on your own. Just like censi made clear, don't like it then buzzof! I've earned my pole by leading (and getting spammed, angry and totally worn out by all those moaners and people who didn't do shit but do complain).

Never ever have any of those moaners taken lead or tried to organize one. The system we had made up with Tiarta's raid was the best and will never be any better. Need Before Greed doesn't work with different guilds, it will only work in the guild itself for they know each other, play with each other each day and have to endure each other each day. Oh and then they don't get the drop they want well tough luck I bet there are over 200 people out there who would love EBOP/Hauberk/Plate BP etc.

And I do not see any reason why some people who think their L337 already to have any items...

There is one word for this:

Jealousy

(Hibs have done way more raids and that some people over there have 2 or sometimes even 3 legion drops is something that makes me sick. To call that fair is just ridiculous. It's selfish and really something for this time, that's not need anymore that's greed)

Oh and one final thing I've said earlier on irc as well:

It's not the items/rr/class that determines how good you play it's the player behind it...

K

Khalen

Ow and the seal thing is just crap wildfire because all the seals I've seen last couple of days went to GoL or FC because they just nuked em all. So scrap that line.

Fixx was leader, Fixx determines the rules!

L

leorin

All items to FC pls

Further on i suggest we organise hunts etc to collect items for FC members since they r very active RvR ;)

And guys do as wildfire begg u all items to RR5, but ofcourse even if i aint RR5 and aint lvl 50 i would still love to be able to help u gathering good gear for the defense of albion.

Hmm did /Who emain a week or 2 ago when Excalibur was Threatened correct me if i am wrong but i think it said like

15 players bla bla

Fc 1
Fc 2
Fc 3
Fc 4
Fc 5

.....and so on

But ofcourse i would like to gather items for u to fill your selfish needs .

Amen

S

starblade

Like it or not, RVR really is the end-game of DAoC,

Not for everyone WF. There are well enough players enjoying the game without a large fondness of the 'precious' RvR.

They enjoy raids like this as much as, if not more then the RvR dedicated groups. Leaving them out of the lotto is in its basic form discrimination and will leave you with fewer and fewer people/guilds that will help out on these hunts.

B

bracken_woodman

If drops can only go to RR5 characters, then maybe only RR5 characters should do legion raids... it doesnt seem fair somehow to ask people 47+ to turn up because they are needed and then state that only those rr5 will get drops. (Before anyone states it, the level 42 guy who got the drop was using a level 50 char on the raid). People seemed quite happy to use the help on the raid, but then got arsey when those people who helped dared to benefit from the raid. Maybe Im misreading it, but thats how it seems from where I'm sat. As far as I'm concerned, if you're good enough to be on the raid, you're good enough to receive the drops.

Q

QuickS

Re: All items to FC pls

Originally posted by leorin
Further on i suggest we organise hunts etc to collect items for FC members since they r very active RvR ;)

And guys do as wildfire begg u all items to RR5, but ofcourse even if i aint RR5 and aint lvl 50 i would still love to be able to help u gathering good gear for the defense of albion.

Hmm did /Who emain a week or 2 ago when Excalibur was Threatened correct me if i am wrong but i think it said like

15 players bla bla

Fc 1
Fc 2
Fc 3
Fc 4
Fc 5

.....and so on

But ofcourse i would like to gather items for u to fill your selfish needs .

Amen

Err this post is about Legion raids, not flaming FC.
For your information there is a load of FC who dont go legion raids. As for excal we had it watched and knew that that it wasnt a real attempt.

D

Draylor

If you dont like the rules organise one yourself - is it THAT difficult to understand?

Guess some folks just love to whine ;)

L

leorin

Great

Well its great u had it watched while 200+ albs standing there defending i bet u PM:ed someone

<< Fc 1 : Ooh can i make another RR or do i really have to go?
<< Spirit of King Arthur: No fellow alb dont bother go here ,with legion items u ll still manage to win a few battles in emain w/o relic bonuses
<<Fc 1: ooh thx Mr Spirit i ll continue pleasing myself and farm a bit more rps and claim ITAHMZ cause i need em most.

Realise facts what would happened if not the 200 + albs stood there and watch, u think hippies would think like, .. nah Fc prolly have someone watching us we better save it for a better day.

Well this is a Flame against some of FC members cant say all cause i know there is still a few nice 1s. Cause it pisses me off with FC members posting here to not let everyone attending to hunt have a chance to take part of drops, and just give those with higher RR cause its 0000.1% more useful for em but still very good to others.

Wildfire saying that the endgame here is RvR and thats his "personal opinion". And cause of that RvR players which is all FC members shall get drops instead of others.

Dont get this wrong i aint saying only Fc players go RvR but with my english i mess it up sometimes.

Well wildfire dont think many ppls care really since i know alot of ppls who dont like RvR but like going hunts etc with friends and gather drops. But since u saying its only Uber Rpg deamon-orc-elf bla bla slayer stuffs u clearly dissing other ppls interests in this game.

Some like RVR- Some like Chess- Some like , i dont know but everyone doesnt think like you , incase you didnt know.

A

Adri

treniel, as everyone else has said - go and do your own raid if your not happy.

i say well done to Fixx and co for organising - went smoothly, apart from the odd mass lds ;)

hope there are more hunts in the pipeline!

Adrianicus 50 Sorc

A

Apathy

Leorin, does "jealousy" have one L or two?

a.

K

kirennia

stop flaming FC for christ sake, the same old routine is getting boring. So what if they are higher realm ranks, it doesn't mean that you instanly have to start flaming them, most are good guys. The relic defence thing, maybe they should have been there, maybe they shouldn't BUT they were informed of situation whole way through. I went through making sure that guild leaders or members if the leaders weren't on knew the situation. Most said, yep we know and were already there so the conversation had no need to carry on. Whoever from FC i pm'ed had the concern still there and were kept upto date about it. First sign of real trouble and they would have been there.....

Anyways the thread isn't about this, its about the drop...voice yer concerns about that or don't make yer voice heard at all please.....

B

bellum

My opinion is that Lotto is the best way to handle out items.
Becasue noone can decide who really needs the item best.

A lvl45 can if he wants,become lvl50 in a week. RR5 is a bit harder but is doable aswell.

If not every player that joins has a semi equal chance of getting items people wont join the hunts. And then noone has a chance to get the good items.

<Excalibur Albion> <First Cohort>
Bellum - Theurgist Level 50
Dhs - Wizard Level 50
Musket - Minstrel Level 24
Spi - Infiltrator Level 18

L

leorin

Think some of u dont understand :

1 ) Apathy not even worth comment u.

2 ) Kirennia: I aint flaming ppls cause of higher RR:s. If i wanted spend my time and stick with 1 char sure as hell i could become RRxxxx. Its just a matter of time. Even a blind man could do that, this game have no bigger skills involved. Know your char and your enemy ( Which u can read about on 100000 urls) and u win the game. Almost as simple as that.

Would say that when it comes to skills/attributes i would list : Leadership as the main one. Big cheers to ppls arranging events etc. I find it very hard , cause it requires alot of patience etc. But lets stick to the subject.

Reasons why i got pissed is a few , old disputes with FC members, etc , cba to list whats happened here etc. But i d say many of members there show such ignorance to other albs. I might be wrong aswell , just my personal opinion.

And now i see they write this..err there gotta be some limit of selfishness.

Why i get pissed

L

leorin

and

If they let u attend to a hunt, sure as hell u should be able to have a chance to take part of the loot. No matter what class, shoe size, length etc. Items to every attendant.

A

alithiel50

It seems a bit unfair that someone has gone on raids twice, and the one drop they've been interested in has gone to another guild and been handed on to an alt or lower level character who wasn't even on the raid.

Personally, I think that drops should first be lotto'd between the people who are actually there and can use the items for themselves (and not for alts). Any drops not claimed in such a fashion can then be lotto'd between the guilds for them to distribute to their members as they see fit.

I myself don't go on Legion Raids any more. While I'd like an EBoP (or 2 :p ), I can't justify spending the time to do it on the chance that it 'might' drop, 'might' get lotto'd to my guild and 'might' end up clutched firmly in my fist. I want to spend what time I have to play on Excal (since I'm also trying to level my Arms on Camlann) doing what I enjoy - which is RvR.

Edit:
Leorin: If you see that FC are in Emain when theres an alleged Relic Raid threat, it's because we have alts logged in Excal so we can confirm any alleged threat and don't end up running there for no reason every time some n00b yells 'Relic Raid' after seeing a solo Skald in Sauvage. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread