News Koran burning?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, one of us is right...

Well here's a way for you to agree and to remove this argument;

If we remove all the people who use the system to their advantage, to oppress others and so on(you know, the bad stuff), then we are left with a system with no bad stuff.

Correct?

(Though i don't know how this relates to what i originally said but...meh.)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Did i say anywhere that it doesn't happen in muslim countries?

Did i say that it's not illegal in the UK?

Don't think so, i said quite the opposite; no threat to our freedoms.

Exactly. It happens in the UK. It is illegal in the UK. Regardless, it is a horrible situation for someone to be in, being forced into a marrage, not given a vioce and being treated like a second class citizen. Basically slavery.

I really don't understand where this is confusing you or how you can think its perfectly fine, just because it is not happening in your own country. Baffling

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm paraphrasing here because I can't be bothered to look up the exact passage, but the Koran says:

Those of faith are forbidden from inheriting a woman against her will, nor shall she be treated with harshness or denied the dower owed to her unless she is guilty of lewdness; you must live to learn with her on a footing of kindness and equality.

In other words a true Muslim man will not force marridge on a woman, and they will see there spuse as an equal partner throught there lives. I'm not saying that arranged marridges don't happen obviously, but it is against the will of Allah and therefore against islam. In the same way a true christian won't steal or sleep with his neighbours wife, a muslim will respect his wife and it will be a mutual union.

So what you are saying is, most Muslims cherry pick the bits they like? A little like the majority of selfish, nastly Christians

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well here's a way for you to agree and to remove this argument;

If we remove all the people who use the system to their advantage, to oppress others and so on(you know, the bad stuff), then we are left with a system with no bad stuff.

Correct?

(Though i don't know how this relates to what i originally said but...meh.)

Yes. But (and drum roll please) that doesn't and never will happen in organised religion. Ergo Religion = bad and full of fuckwits.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Exactly. It happens in the UK. It is illegal in the UK. Regardless, it is a horrible situation for someone to be in, being forced into a marrage, not given a vioce and being treated like a second class citizen. Basically slavery.

I really don't understand where this is confusing you or how you can think its perfectly fine, just because it is not happening in your own country. Baffling

Did i say i'm fine with people being treated like that? No.

Another person twisting things to make me look bad. Thumbs up.

Did i say that we don't accept that kind of behaviour and nothing is dangering that way of life and it's only paranoia that it's happening? Yes.

I never claimed that muslim people aren't opressing others, but i did say they aren't opressing western way of life.

Yes. But (and drum roll please) that doesn't and never will happen in organised religion. Ergo Religion = bad and full of fuckwits.

That's your opinion, but your clairvoyance skills are quite magnificent.

You thinking all religion is are fuckwits tells more though, blind and genralising bullcrap.

But nice that you actually admit i'm right.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Where's the bit about the birds following 10 paces behind in the street :p Or the bit about them having to cover their arms!!!

A colleague of mine went to Iran with his wife and the females started throwing stones at her for wearing a t-shirt :p Add to that the blokes were all running up and touching her arms. It's a weird world!!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I give up, he could argue the sky is green and not understand what people are arguing about. I really am starting to think it's a language thing, has to be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Correct?

Incorrect.

The system creates the bad stuff. That's what systemic means.

Raven is perfectly correct. Humans are a fuckwitted animal. He doesn't need "clairvoyance" to see this. It's so obvious it's self-evident.

Well, self-evident to those who haven't got the blinkers of religious conviction firmly placed over their eyes :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I give up, he could argue the sky is green and not understand what people are arguing about. I really am starting to think it's a language thing, has to be.

You should first try to understand what someone is saying, before spouting arguments about them.

If i didn't say something, don't claim i did.

If you think i said something, show me where.

For example the "you're perfectly fine with muslims beating wives" etc, no where i said that.

What i clearly said was; there is no danger of opression to people outside muslim people. You know, western culture, christians, atheists, what the fuck ever else.

Scouse; you've yet to even answer one simple question about what my religious beliefs are, so you don't really have a say in anything. When you learn to retort to something that is ACTUALLY said, we can continue.

Jsut so you know; system doesn't create the bad stuff no more then alcohol creates wife beaters. It's in the problem people.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So what you are saying is, most Muslims cherry pick the bits they like? A little like the majority of selfish, nastly Christians

No arranged marriages, honour killings etc is not a Muslim thing, it's a cultural thing that comes from certain countries. If you believe the media you would think it was all muslims. Arranged marriages and honour killings are a very Pakistani thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse; you've yet to even answer one simple question about what my religious beliefs are, so you don't really have a say in anything.

It's cause I don't give a fuck about your thor-worshipping ways. Just because I'm not obsessed with people's individual beliefs doesn't mean the rest of my argument isn't cogent and coherent. :)

Jsut so you know; system doesn't create the bad stuff no more then alcohol creates wife beaters. It's in the problem people.

And you're wrong. But I'm not going to keep beating my head against a wall over it with ya...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's cause I don't give a fuck about your thor-worshipping ways. Just because I'm not obsessed with people's individual beliefs doesn't mean the rest of my argument isn't cogent and coherent. :)

Then don't claim you know shit and use it as an argument. Lesson learned, you're welcome.

And you're wrong. But I'm not going to keep beating my head against a wall over it with ya...

Saying it like that won't make you right.

You've yet to post any evidence on how the system creates bad people.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then don't claim you know shit and use it as an argument. Lesson learned, you're welcome.

Do you, or do you not worship some hairy hammer-weilding deity?

You've yet to post any evidence on how the system creates bad people.

You've never posted any evidence for any of your arguments, so your point is?

It's a bit rich demanding evidence left right and centre when you never provide it yourself and ignore any evidence that actually does get posted...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do you, or do you not worship some hairy hammer-weilding deity?

Nope. Shows what you know. Don't assume.

You've never posted any evidence for any of your arguments, so your point is?

It's a bit rich demanding evidence left right and centre when you never provide it yourself and ignore any evidence that actually does get posted...

The evidence has been posted; not all are evil who do alcohol/are religious. Ergo; it's who people are that's the problem. Rotten apples.

Pretty clear, in alcohol and religion. Also religion doesn't preach to bomb stuff, people do. Oh gee, another thing i said already.

I don't ignore evidence, you just don't post it.

How about you DO post how the system turns people evil.

But, as said, i'm off anyway, might check in later on what silly things you've made up that i supposedly said, or another one of your posts that says nothing, but instead tries to sidestep issues altogether.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's like watching toht argue with toht, or scouse with scouse, not sure which is worse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At least one of us is consistent :)

...and I don't mean consistently shit :eek:

;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Evidence:

You're so full of shit Toht...

Actually i'm not full of shit, norse was/is closest to my belief system, but that doesn't include any worshipping or praying.

I've stated elsewhere that it's a ay of life more then a religion.

But hey, that helped you avoid other issues in the post, so nice try.

Ch3tan; i've actually been consistent and non argumentive here. Though you and Calaen seem to think "i'll pop in and throw a random insult" is a better way. Go figure.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You both bury your heads in the sand and lose the point of what you are arguing and just go round in circles. You do it more offensively than toht if truth be told. He gets wound up and swears, you just go into patronising dick mode. Especially when religion is concerned.

It kills threads dead.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also haven't lost any point at any point, but you're too blind for that sort of fact Ch3t old boy.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Shut the fuck up about thor or you'll be smited.
Old testament style.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah that's a good place to stop.

If you can't even stop with the inaccurate mockery when you're told that it's inaccurate, you're beyond blind, simple ignorance.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm downloading the Qu'ran from an ebook site. I've got a slow connection but it should be done by Saturday the 11th.

I'm putting it on disk, if anyone wants one I can burn a few copies?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm downloading the Qu'ran from an ebook site. I've got a slow connection but it should be done by Saturday the 11th.

:clap:

nath

Fledgling Freddie

Fucking lol.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not interested in getting involved in any of the rest of that rubbish but I do want to respond to one question toht posed which is how is it oppressing western culture.

A reasonable enough question but there is an answer to that. A lot of muslim families are putting their kids in faith schools in this country, a kind of voluntary segregation which is a terrible thing. It fractures the population in to us and "them", not to mention the fact that they're doing some iffy teaching in science lessons (if Dawkins' documentary about faith schools is to be believed).

Either way, segregation is a bad thing, faith schools are just that - separating muslim kids from the rest, and being that they live in the UK they're part of western culture and this is oppressing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom