News Koran burning?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's gonna sound cold, 'cause I've not much time, but it's my understanding that soldiers get posted to countries where they then fight?

Their enemy is designated for them...

Do you think all of them agreed with the Iraq war? Do you think that they'd have been let off if they didn't? No, they agreed to sign up and fight, regardless.

According to the lancet - 660,000 dead Iraqi's, over and above those that would have been dead under the rule of Saddam (who posed no threat to us).

I don't care what military law says - that's a lot of dead people who wouldn't have been if we hadn't sent our soldiers over to fight an unjust war. And somebody pulled the triggers/dropped the bombs...

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
they should let him do ti....on one condition.

that he is doused with petrol immediately before he attempts to burn the books. if he is that pious then his good lord will save him from the fired of damnation.

would have been better for him to do this on Friday - its Eid after all.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I see, so you don't believe nations should have armies?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think we should have nations :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
"Look, this is a recruitment bonanza for al-Qaeda. You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan... This could increase the recruitment of individuals who'd be willing to blow themselves up in American cities, or European cities," he said. - Obama.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
"Look, this is a recruitment bonanza for al-Qaeda. You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan... This could increase the recruitment of individuals who'd be willing to blow themselves up in American cities, or European cities," he said. - Obama.

Couldn't agree with him more.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, kinda what i said with "this making mroe people angry then already are angry to begin with". Bottom line is that it's just not worth it, even if it had a reasno to begin with :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Obama's a c*nt :)

Edit: But seriously, he has to say that. Has to. You do understand that, right?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, he has to say that, but it does not mean he is wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, you don't think the bit where we've been going around the world killing muslims, where we've been bombing homes across the border in Pakistan, killing Afghans etc. etc. etc. is enough of a recruitment video already?

You honestly think that the burning of one little book is going to become the focal point of terrorist recruitment? :rolleyes:

"Hey, the US army killed my sister and the English killed my brother - but I wasn't going to do anything about it until I saw a picture of a mad priest burning the Koran. That gets me sooooo mad!!!!"

:)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If it even helps recruit one more maniac then it's worth stopping.

The guy doing this is a tool, as nath said, I'd have a small bit of respect for him if he had made a point about Islam without resorting to grand PR gestures that put others at risk. He's just as fruity as any Islamic extremist.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse, have you actually said what's the benefit of this burning thing?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, I haven't.

On a side note - perhaps this might give Obama some pause and make him wonder what he's going to do with the 100 million + fundamentalist christian fuckheads he's got living in his country eh? :)

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
No, I haven't.

On a side note - perhaps this might give Obama some pause and make him wonder what he's going to do with the 100 million + fundamentalist christian fuckheads he's got living in his country eh? :)

I doubt it, they make up more than half of the electorate.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I understand why Scouse thinks it's a good idea. in theory I agree with the view that basic freedoms and liberties should be protected, without being worried about the reaction and feelings of others. You also have the issue of fear, if people and nations continue to pander to any extremists from any religion, then you empower them.

I just think that this guy is clearly doing this for selfish reasons.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I dont think he needs one - he can do it under protected free speech the same way that flag burning is protected - you dont need a permit for it.

tldr version: no.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Provocative = revealing the truth and having the balls to stand up the stupidity of religion? Or are you one of those hilarious creationists?

His manner is completely OTT. Anyone who thinks religion has never done anything good or contributed to the development of mankind is so utterly stupid it would defy belief. It does, however, sell books.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
His manner is completely OTT. Anyone who thinks religion has never done anything good or contributed to the development of mankind is so utterly stupid it would defy belief. It does, however, sell books.

I don't think Dawkins has said that religion has never done anything good or contributed to the development of mankind. However we're reaching a point in the development of the human race/civilization where religion is potentially no longer necessary and I do think it's important for people to speak out about the inconsistencies, and stupidity if you will, of religion (especially that of the organised variety). And I don't think that it's wrong for the person who does so to be passionate in their discussion/arguments.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
My dad called and told me about the 5pm show on radio 4 today. Apparently it has a Florida based Imam who went to have a chat with Terry Jones. He's never read the Koran and doesn't really have any clue about it whatsoever (I'm sure you're all shocked). Apparently the Imam comes across as entirely reasonable, I'll throw up a link to it on iPlayer when it's available.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky. Does that give me the right to burn an Argos catalogue?

Exactly.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
And I don't think that it's wrong for the person who does so to be passionate in their discussion/arguments.

And I don't think it helps his argument that science pwns all when he makes it in such an unscientific manner. It is too passionate to be dispassionate.

But, to put my original comments back into context, I still wouldn't burn his books. It is a backward step for mankind when any book is burned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom