Keyboards

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I need a new keyboard for my PC, but does anyone know if there is a PC version of the new imac keyboards, you know the black and transparent one.
It needs to have a decent sized backspace and return key.

Can anyone recommend any?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno if it's just looks you're after as well as you key requirements, but this one is purty.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
It does look nice, A bit pricey but I like it I'll see if I can get it cheap on eBay

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
There was a thread on the old Barrysworld TN forum that pointed out that you can actually use the Mac keyboard on a PC, if you so desire. It takes a little bit of effort to remap a couple of keys (iirc), but beyond that you can just plug in the USB and away you go :)

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
Keyboards are all about feel.

I've got one of those cut-down Cooler Master brushed aluminium ones. It's nice, but it's laptop-style key layout is a little tricky and the lack of travel in the keys (only 10mm or so) means you'll make a lot of typos before you get used to it. Now that I am used to it, though, it's got a nice feel to it, and makes for easier gaming.

This one:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=51962

looks nice, too; similar to the CM one I have but full sized. Not sure how it feels though. Hard to tell from that image how much travel the keys have.

The iMac keyboard seems is still on PC-Zone's recommened list, though, so if a games mag can get it working, then anyone can ;)

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
my keyboard is beige, cost about a tenner and has lasted years

it suits me fine

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
babs said:
Dunno if it's just looks you're after as well as you key requirements, but this one is purty.

They're supposed to be coming to the UK. I saw that at E3 last year and they said they were getting a distributor. Lovely keyboard.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
babs said:

those are so cool, and I believe that Will has one iirc. also, as Shovel says, there was a massive 'cool things' thread on the old BW, now sadly lost forever :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom