PC Master Race New keyboard

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Same thing for a good chair £500 is fine and as long as it lasts for 3-5 years is pretty good value really.

The chair and mattress (as ECA illustrated) I can understand considering the impacts on health / your back etc from improper sitting and lying. I don't agree the keyboard investment is a worthwhile health benefit.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Plenty of ergonomic kb's and mice around that suggest otherwise. I've never suffered from wrist RSI but I know a person who does get it and they have to have wrist supports etc. As I stated previously APEX 800 is bling, but fuckit I like it and I'll buy one.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Plenty of ergonomic kb's and mice around that suggest otherwise

Ergonomic keyboard, yes.

Overpriced £200 razzle dazzle keyboard that looks like something Elton John would use? No.

I've watched some reviews along with other keyboards, that keyboard does not get highly praised for good ergonomics (depends on your hands and wrists anyway). You cannot compare this with an investment in good chairs and mattresses.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm using my keyboard 10hr+ a day, for work or play, so yeah. Why wouldn't I invest in the things I interact with the most in a day?

I use the monitor and keyboard work give me, my eyeballs haven't fallen out and my hands aren't currently shrivelled claws so I remain unconvinced by the argument. Especially as the keyboards everyone's talking about here definitely fall in the "spangly gamer" rather than "productive ergonomic" category. So really most of the discussions here are about home/gaming keyboards, and nah, not going to spend 200 quid. I'm not even entirely convinced about the whole massive 4K monitor thing tbh, I've got a big laptop and a 24" screen which I use extended desktop and get by just fine. I think I'm going to be mainstream/laggard this time round rather than early adopter.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I had a G15 and loved it. One day I decided to clean it so I popped out all the keys. I'd done something wrong because all the keys were broken and wouldn't fit back on :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ouch. I only replaced mine because I fancied something new. Gave it to a mate, its still going, he loves it and I am thinking of looking for a new keyboard.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I know, @caLLous. I was kicking myself for weeks afterwards and every day I had to use the shit which replaced it

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
so just seen the new Cherry MX 6 is priced at $200 on Amazon.com around £150 UK, APEX M800 seems to be in good company for mech KB :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
A friend at work has the Smallest Razr mechanical paired with one of their mice that he uses for office work.

Although the design was a bit flash, glowing Razr logo etc, it was tiny (for a mechanical) and looked mint. I was well jelly. I should get another Coolermaster.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So I got myself the Apex M800 and its the best mech kb I've tried yet. Very quiet and responsive, damn nice kb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom