PC Master Race New keyboard

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have the very simplest cm-storm mechanical and it's great. You don't need backlight. Learn where your keys are :eek:

TdC

I want backlight. Not so I can see keys. It looks sexy.

no worries dude. I have the kbd you link to except no backlight. it will save you a tenner or so. you could buy some cans of carling and a packet of fags!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You don't need backlights G. I thought I would too, coming from a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, but I've managed just fine in a poorly lit room.

Get the Das Keyboard 4 Professional and be done with it, it's magical.

edit - oh right, it's an aesthetic thing. You might as well go and get one of those dead fancy RGB ones then. :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sigh, whatever. :(

You can do a lot worse than Ducky. It's one of the names I heard good things about when I was looking for my next keyboard.

TdC

oooh yeah, that snake themed spacebar will match G's trampstamp perfectly! :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a Corsair K70 RGB, it's pretty nice. Black brushed aluminium top, clicky tappy keys, and whatever colour backlighting you want. Mine alternates between blue and green, you can do all kinds of shit but I'm too stupid to figure the software out.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I have a Corsair K70 RGB, it's pretty nice. Black brushed aluminium top, clicky tappy keys, and whatever colour backlighting you want. Mine alternates between blue and green, you can do all kinds of shit but I'm too stupid to figure the software out.

I have one too but the matt black one. Great keyboard. I don't bother with the backlights though.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If you want eye candy and a decent KB then this

Steelseries APEX M800

steel-series-apex-m800.png

I currently have the Apex 350 and a Mechanical Razer Blackwidow, mostly use the Apex, sweet looks and works nicely. Will definitely upgrade to the M800 when I next travel to UK (Dec 24th \o/)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If you want eye candy and a decent KB then this

Steelseries APEX M800

steel-series-apex-m800.png

I currently have the Apex 350 and a Mechanical Razer Blackwidow, mostly use the Apex, sweet looks and works nicely. Will definitely upgrade to the M800 when I next travel to UK (Dec 24th \o/)

200 quid for a keyboard? Fuck off. You're all mad.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Problem in Dubai is that the cheaper ones are often not available in the shops. It's bling for sure and overpriced but looks great. :) Not long ago I needed to go out and buy my son a mouse for school, only options I had in three different stores were Razer and Rocat :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't use it often but when I need it I would be pissed if it wasn't there. Just one of those things, The thought of having to input a shedload of numbers with the normal number buttons makes me weep.

Syri

FH is my second home
I tried one without a number pad, and even though I rarely use it, my hands just didn't feel right resting on it, without that big cluster of numbers sat to the right. It also made the shift from keyboard to mouse feel odd, because the mouse was much closer. I ended up getting a razer blackwidow, as it was on offer, making it the cheapest mechanical I could find at the time. It's not got a backlight, but I touch-type anyway, so that doesn't bother me. I love the clicky-clacky keys when typing though

ECA

I am a FH squatter

What do you actually spend most of your day at a computer doing? Using the mouse/keyboard and looking at the monitor.
Doesnt strike me as crazy to spend £100-200 on a keyboard, £50 on a mouse and a few hundred on a good monitor given the amount of hours you use them.
I view it as something similar to buying a good mattress.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm using my keyboard 10hr+ a day, for work or play, so yeah. Why wouldn't I invest in the things I interact with the most in a day?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm using my keyboard 10hr+ a day, for work or play, so yeah. Why wouldn't I invest in the things I interact with the most in a day?
New willy too?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Same thing for a good chair £500 is fine and as long as it lasts for 3-5 years is pretty good value really. I probably change keyboards and mice every year and no issue spending £200-£300 on that. I spend money on gadgets the wife spends on clothes, shoes, bags and fucking cushions, loads of em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom