Looking for a new Keyboard.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So my trusty old Logitech G15 is starting to show it's age now. Most notably some of the most used keys are starting to get a little unresponsive so now i'm starting to look for a replacement.

But the problem seems to be that there aren't many out there that also have a display and i really really want one. Mostly use it to monitor system resources like ram and CPU usages. And in the g15s case only because it's the only feature on it i can no longer live without.

Anyway i was hoping that Logitech were continuing to make updated versions but as far as i've found the g510 and the g19 are the last ones they made that have a display. And neither look all that appealing. The 510 display is too tiny and also requires a dedicated power source. and the display hinges on the g19 seems to be really weak. They both are also SERIOUSLY expensive because... reasons?

And that's about all i've found when it comes to keyboards with built in displays that isn't just a stupid touch pad replacing the numpad.

So i've come here hoping you gods among all things tech and nerdy can help out.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I to liked the display on the G15 but soon got to live without it on a much better KB - Steelseries M800. Have a few KB's kicking around the room including a Razer Blackwidow and G11.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Currently using a Razer Blackwidow Chroma which I can't fault. I can make the keys match my lighting and do other gimmicky things, but the important part is that it's got good, solid mechanical keys that haven't let me down in any games yet.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've got a cm storm quickfire rapid at home with the good old Cherry mechanics in there. It's survived lots of gaming induced rage pounding and is still going strong :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nice, thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look at them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So my trusty old Logitech G15 is starting to show it's age now. Most notably some of the most used keys are starting to get a little unresponsive so now i'm starting to look for a replacement.

But the problem seems to be that there aren't many out there that also have a display and i really really want one. Mostly use it to monitor system resources like ram and CPU usages. And in the g15s case only because it's the only feature on it i can no longer live without.

Anyway i was hoping that Logitech were continuing to make updated versions but as far as i've found the g510 and the g19 are the last ones they made that have a display. And neither look all that appealing. The 510 display is too tiny and also requires a dedicated power source. and the display hinges on the g19 seems to be really weak. They both are also SERIOUSLY expensive because... reasons?

And that's about all i've found when it comes to keyboards with built in displays that isn't just a stupid touch pad replacing the numpad.

So i've come here hoping you gods among all things tech and nerdy can help out.

Had the G19, might as well have spent £150 on a pile of dog shit, worst keyboard I have ever had the misfortune to own and I adored my G15. Again with Logitech, great stuff on the outside but some serious corners cut. The whole reason the G19 fails so often is because they cant be arsed to insulate the power from the USB so it just gets stuck in reboot cycles over and over and over. They make the electrical contacts on their mice out of play-dough (after 3 returns I fixed it myself with a bit of tin foil) so to be expected...

Great returns policy, because they have so much practice.

Last edited:

TdC

sweet baby jebus the keyboard's offset from the screen :eek:

*rips apart chair*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The PET was my first computer (obviously I didn't pay for it since I was about 7 years old). I learnt BASIC on that thing. I also broke the space key playing space invaders, which my dad wasn't too happy about. I think he paid about £500 in 1979(ish), a hell of a lot of money.

TdC

my neighbor in the UK had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. it was the most awesome thing I ever did see. after 10 minutes of waiting for it to do something, I got bored and went outside. ironic, considering what I do for a living :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Did he buy it to help out with the homework? And the household accounts?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's still a shame all the ZX Spectrum keyboards got recycled into burglar alarms - I miss teh never ending loading screens.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I still have mine somewhere, 48k Spectrum. Had a 128k+3 (the floppy version) but binned that years ago.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Looks alright, not sure about the 1980 disco lightshow though.. :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I got tickets to see the Beegees, 66% off the price as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom