Confused Keyboard weirdness

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I spilt some apple juice on my keyboard, took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly (The crap I pulled out from under the keys, shudder) Anyway, now the left Windows key, the tild key and both ctrl keys no longer work. They're the only keys that don't, everything else is fine.

Now I know I could simply get a new keyboard but I've had this one for more than 10 years and it's my favourite. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and what, if anything I can do to rectify this?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If it's one of those membrane jobbies then you've probably fucked up the contacts on the board. I've had similar in the past, the solution was to put the keyboard in a large metal container and let some men from the council put it into the back of a big lorry.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Have you tried rubbing some bacon on it? Maybe smear it with jam or cake?

You spilt a juicy beverage on it what did you expect? :eek:

:)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
The acidity in the juice means your keyboard will die slowly from the corrosion. Hanging onto it is pointless I'd say.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The acidity in the juice means your keyboard will die slowly from the corrosion. Hanging onto it is pointless I'd say.
So what if he got some alkali based stuffs and poured that on it? It'd balance it out?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I finally came to the conclusion that my keyboard was dead. I gave it a proper send off and then went out and bought a Corsair Raptor K30. All of the pretty back-lighting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom