keep gold bags

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so you have to "contribute" which is a pot luck system

THEN win a roll with modifier

THEN hope the piece(s) you need are in the bag

wouldnt it be easier to have the 3 pieces of the set in the bag and you can pick which one u need, so you get all 3 bits from 3 bags, rather than repeatadly getting the same piece over and over ?

and once u got it all, you can flag yourself as "dont want a bag" so other people have a higher chance of getting it

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yep this is what alot of people are saying at the moment. I would like to help take a T3 keep on my 40 IB (Open Server) but if I win it's unfair on the others.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
would be a nice option for PQ's aswell........if you dont need the bag then just /no ktnx

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I could live very well with luck being part of the distribution system, but I agree wholeheartedly that three stages of luck are a bit over the top.

At the very least the option of not wanting to roll should be implemented.

//edit: You sure wont lose a second thought about gold bag distribution in PQs. Even in keep takes it doesnt matter very much. However if you start thinking about fort battles and king fights the problem becomes obvious. The guy that wins another massive bag while already having a full set of fort gear will be very unhappy. As much as his fellow groupmates I presume...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
or just remove the bags from the keep lord totally. its not helping making orvr more active, it does the complete opposite as ppl want to pve keeps insted of pvp'ing over them.

have the set gear drop of players only.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Hope they make gold bags tradable. I have 6 clogging up my inv atm. I'm finding myself staying outside keeps just so i dont roll. I would like to take part but all i seem to have to do on my SW is show a interest and I come close to the top. MY RP can heal his heart out and always seems to prop the table up.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I could live very well with luck being part of the distribution system, but I agree wholeheartedly that three stages of luck are a bit over the top.

especially when its possible to get a +500 roll bonus and still manage a 5 :)

its happened to me more often then a proper roll...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They should give you a token (from all bags) that is redeemable from an NPC. Or even give out a bags for every contributors so that everyone gets a token then charge xx amount of tokens for each item.

Stack of health or mana pots = 1 token
Stack of buff pots = 2 tokens
chest armour = 35 tokens
Other body part = 25 tokens
An epic weapon = 50 tokens

etc etc

Though I still think if there are no defenders then people should get nothing.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Though I still think if there are no defenders then people should get nothing.

totally agree, or if theres to few defenders.

say, 10 or more. that way even the AC crews have a chance at it :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Got my first ever Gold keep bag today - a nice anni chest. Got +300 cont, and rolled 931. I'm pretty happy due to the fact I've been on dozens of keep raids and have never won anything.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Am still here scratching my head on why they didn't implement a token system from start and be it.
I swear i partecipated in at least 40 keep takes on all my chars through Tier2-3-4 and NEVER even came close on winning a gold bag.
The system is, to say the least, stupid and showing the typical Mythic approach to things (bubble nerf across the board without even seeing test server, springs to mind also as another example of "wtbaclue" Devs)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
so you have to "contribute" which is a pot luck system

THEN win a roll with modifier

THEN hope the piece(s) you need are in the bag

wouldnt it be easier to have the 3 pieces of the set in the bag and you can pick which one u need, so you get all 3 bits from 3 bags, rather than repeatadly getting the same piece over and over ?

and once u got it all, you can flag yourself as "dont want a bag" so other people have a higher chance of getting it

Probably one of the most common discussions concerning keep taking and one of the key issues to helping promote orvr.

Modifiers are fubar, remove them.

Random roll is fair for all.

Flag to not recieve bags if you don't want too (Essential change imo, completely agree).

Better still, remove bags as has been said and have rewards based on renown rank or number of players killed or both (say, rr33 kills-3300 for 1 piece, rr35 kills-5000 for second piece, for example).

I don't like the token idea, just promotes more pve farming and players would then have a definite number of keeps to pve instead of a random number of keeps to pve....no real change.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Stack of health or mana pots = 1 token

We playing the same game?

Stack of buff pots = 2 tokens

No, because this would devalue the apothecary tradeskill. Maybe a number of high end buff pot or talisman mats instead.

All in all though, the token system idea's good, however you're still up against the old Better Gear = Higher Contribution = better chance to get tokens to buy the better gear you already have.

Nate

FH is my second home
Could make them in to repairable items. Already in game, shouldn't require too much coding.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
bollocks to the wow token idea, would rather have blind luck than knowing how many keeps i need to take in order to get a full set.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I like the token idea, though i had 4-5 annihilator sets in bank well before i was lvl40

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aslong as it comes from actual RVR i dont give a crap what it is. i'd accept anal prodding if it helped remove the pve keep takes.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Some very good suggestions in this thread which we'll forward to Mythic.

Perhaps not that last one though ...

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
There is no contribution base to any keep loot. To believe otherwise is deluding yourself.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
What i noticed as a BW, if i go through the whole keeping only nuking guards outside, and oil and such i get +30 Contribution, if i do all that and fire single nukes at lord i get +55 Con. If i instead throw AoE nuke so i hit lord and champs and die from it, i get about +150 Con, if i AoE nuke and survive i get +300 roll, at least this is the trend i see.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ive literaly walked over a keep threshold, stuck to someone, gone afk for a few mins, come back

YOU PLACED FIRST ! GOLD BAG!

after getting 3rd highest contribution

now tell me thats not broken ;)

klasa

Loyal Freddie
I've pretty much one two gold bags the same way on my AM. Arrived at 30 sec before the lord went down. Dotted a guard and threw a few dotts at the lord. Got +400 on the roll and won the bag.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I am happy with the way the system is if only there was a pass bag option, bag only drops when defenders have been present and the actual contribution system is fooking fixed.

I hate grafting my butt through a pq that I need a gold bag on only for it to constantly put me at the bottom when there is gold bags to win. As soon as the Pq decides that no gold bags are going to show, my name flys to the top. It happens to often for it to be working right.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Aye the pass option have to be introduced, a high level helps some lower levels out and he gets the high bag even thou he dosnt want it because he is there to help out, so yes Pass option is needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom