PQ and keep bags.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Can they please have talisman crafting components added to them. Gold bags with a chance to have bits to make permanent talismans in them.

The price of talismans is out of control. Most of my slots are empty now. To fill them I will have to a. Grind or b. Buy gold.

The nerf to perma wounds talismans last patch just made a few players very rich and screwed the majority.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yeah there is a guy on Destruction that buys out any talismans that are cheaper than his and re-auctions them at 150gold.

They have jumped straight into the gold farmers hands, from gold being slightly useful it is now a necessity.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well as long as ppl insist on having an economy in MMO's stuff like this happen.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Can they please have talisman crafting components added to them. Gold bags with a chance to have bits to make permanent talismans in them.

The price of talismans is out of control. Most of my slots are empty now. To fill them I will have to a. Grind or b. Buy gold.

The nerf to perma wounds talismans last patch just made a few players very rich and screwed the majority.

/signed on the matter of loot bags having talisman ingredients in them. Further to this, I'd like to see some talisman ingredients on offer from the Viper Pit quartermaster, or any of the other traders in IC that currently sell only apothecary gear.

As for the price of talismans and such, the prices are high because people are prepared to pay high prices. If no-one was prepared to pay 300g for a top end talisman, the price would come down. I dunno where these people are getting their money from, but if they're grinding for it, or selling every bit of green loot they can on auction rather than salvaging it or flogging it to a vendor, or if they're playing the auction house, buying low and selling high, fair play to them. They deserve to be able to spend 300g to slot 190 hp on an item.

This is capitalism in action, tavarish.

eksdee

FH is my second home
totally agree with the idea of talisman mats in keep bags. perhaps they could introduce a system where you get a token of some description for each open rvr kill, then when you get x amount of said tokens you can turn them in for crafting mats, fragments, rare dyes etc.

this would have a two-fold effect - making talismans more viable for joe average and also encourage more fighting in orvr, instead of the silly merry go round we have right now where for the most part both realms avoid each other (at least that's how it is in T4 on k8p).

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Bit WoW-ish, but not too bad of an idea. Let's explore the consequences of such a system. First of all;

Who would get the token?

The whole warband? Zerging for fun and profit. Makes things way too easy.

The person that lands the killing blow? So you're battering away at that whatever, and you're just about to kill him and LOLZ a DPS comes and gets the killing blow along with your hard earned token.

The person that did the most damage? Unless it's a one-on-one that's been going on for a while, how're your tanks going to get a look-in? Or for that matter, your healers?

The healer that kept you up long enough to kill the enemy? Hmm... Now we're starting to stray into the realms of some sort of contribution based system, and we all know how good Mythic are at coding them...

Unless it went on an automatic need roll. This presents the problem of someone running up and tagging a player, and then sodding off again. You kill the enemy, they're solo so they get the token.

Again, nice idea, but I don't think it'll survive contact with reality.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Adding talismans to the Keep rewards seems quite a nice idea. It would make a change from getting the same shoulders item over and over.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Bit WoW-ish, but not too bad of an idea. Let's explore the consequences of such a system. First of all;

Who would get the token?

The whole warband? Zerging for fun and profit. Makes things way too easy.

The person that lands the killing blow? So you're battering away at that whatever, and you're just about to kill him and LOLZ a DPS comes and gets the killing blow along with your hard earned token.

The person that did the most damage? Unless it's a one-on-one that's been going on for a while, how're your tanks going to get a look-in? Or for that matter, your healers?

The healer that kept you up long enough to kill the enemy? Hmm... Now we're starting to stray into the realms of some sort of contribution based system, and we all know how good Mythic are at coding them...

Unless it went on an automatic need roll. This presents the problem of someone running up and tagging a player, and then sodding off again. You kill the enemy, they're solo so they get the token.

Again, nice idea, but I don't think it'll survive contact with reality.

fair points. i was thinking more-so a token for every kill your group gets and the costs being a thousand tokens or so, so it promoted everyone to get involved but also made it so you couldn't simply do some of the things you mentioned. on the other hand, it would probably promote 'tagging' of other players, but people with that mentality are going to add on any fight they see regardless of the reward on offer as far as i see it.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
well as long as ppl insist on having an economy in MMO's stuff like this happen.

Economy = additional timesink = more / longer subscriptions.

It comes down to money folks, and i'm not talking about the in-game kind either (a good economy nerf was the quickest way to make more end-game grind - much quicker than adding additional content/fixing the endgame)

Yes i'm a cynic, but doesn't mean i'm wrong. :twak:

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Makes me want to start a communist guild.

Moose i will join ya Communist guild, we call it "Comrades of the Red Dawn" :cheers:

In Soviet Russian, you dont get the guild XP, the guild gets you XP.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Step one, Find a kind talisman/salvager.

Step two, run and instance with them.

Step three, Get talismans for free!

hmm no wonder I'm poor. :mad:

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
or in a pvp game

Step one. PVP
Step two. Take a keep
Step three. Win a bag
Step four. Pay a reasonable amount to a talisman crafter to make a talisman

You get to pvp and make talismans :)

Users who are viewing this thread