PQ Epic loot bags

mollok

Fledgling Freddie
Right does the quality of the loot bag depend on the PQ or the amount of ppl? I did a tier 3 PQ in blighted today and 2x purple 3x blue and 4x green bags dropped. In the warband ther was around 14 people..... u guys notice if its the number of the ppl partaking in the quest OR the quest itself.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Right does the quality of the loot bag depend on the PQ or the amount of ppl? I did a tier 3 PQ in blighted today and 2x purple 3x blue and 4x green bags dropped. In the warband ther was around 14 people..... u guys notice if its the number of the ppl partaking in the quest OR the quest itself.
these bags poped up when i soloed a fairly low level PQ in beta on the dark elf side.

so i dont think the amount of people matters, maybe its how much the PQ has been completed in a period of time

http://snoop1050.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/solopq.jpg

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I'm not sure to be honest - only time I've ever seen an epic bag was in chapter 8 at a fairly easy PQ. Think we were about 6 people and the guy who won it was a level 11 shaman with a tiny contribution bonus and a bloody lucky roll.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here.

I was in a PQ during Open Beta. There were 5-6, we just started the PQ because, a KoD and I tried soloing it and couldn't quite pull it off and failed.

So we got some more people and tried it from the beginning. We got like 1 purp, 1 blue, 2 greens, or maybe 1 blue, 3 greens, something like that first time. We tried the same PQ a second time and only got 4 green loot bags.

We went to another PQ within the same Chapter. This was all in Chapter 7 btw. We only got 4 green loot bags.

I don't know how it decides what quality loot bags you get. From your experience though, it would suggest that the more people the more loot bags given out. We had 4 for 6 players. You seemed to have 9 for 14 players.

I'm not really interested in doing the PQs until I understand more about how they give out the higher quality loot bags. I don't want to do a PQ and only get a green loot bag 2 or 3 times in a row. You might get 1 to 2 pieces of eq in those and they aren't always better than what you already have it seems.

mollok

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but its weird, ive done the same PQ loads and only like greens and greys dropped....strange ther must be some kind of system of how loot quailty is decided

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
these bags poped up when i soloed a fairly low level PQ in beta on the dark elf side.

so i dont think the amount of people matters, maybe its how much the PQ has been completed in a period of time

http://snoop1050.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/solopq.jpg
I'm betting it was counting the people who contributed to the PQ but were no longer in the area. Like people who helped with stage 1 and maybe 2, but in the end whenever you entered into it and made it to stage 3 and defeated it you got the only award. The people that helped you with Stage 3 weren't counted because they didn't contribute enough. Or maybe there were like 10 people in the area at the time, but they only helped with Stage 3 and that gets you no award. I think something would have to account for the 6 loot bags. I was in a group of 6 and only got 4 loot bags 3 times in a row.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but its weird, ive done the same PQ loads and only like greens and greys dropped....strange ther must be some kind of system of how loot quailty is decided
Yeah the system kind of sucks if it works the way I think it does. I mean I can kind of understand getting crap loot bags for repeating the same PQ over and over, that way it's not so easy, but if you go to another PQ in the same chapter, I think you should have a shot at the getting better loot bags.

There may be some kind of wait time or something, where after 24 hours or something you can go back to the same PQ and have a chance at better loot, but something like that would have to be tested I think.

mollok

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, tomorrow ill try and get some big grps 2geather for a PQ or 2 and see what the loots like.

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
I got an epic loot bag when i was about lvl 11 had an epic sword (one hand) and a blue melee dps ring,i took the ring as im lvling my swordmaster damage spec but it was a nice sword something like 15.5 dps a sec and +10 toughness for that lvl pretty good.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm betting it was counting the people who contributed to the PQ but were no longer in the area. Like people who helped with stage 1 and maybe 2, but in the end whenever you entered into it and made it to stage 3 and defeated it you got the only award. The people that helped you with Stage 3 weren't counted because they didn't contribute enough. Or maybe there were like 10 people in the area at the time, but they only helped with Stage 3 and that gets you no award. I think something would have to account for the 6 loot bags. I was in a group of 6 and only got 4 loot bags 3 times in a row.
noone helped on stage 1 or 2.
stage 1 is beating civilians until they run to the slave cart outside and noone had collected any before i got there.

stage 2 is defending the stage cart from white lions until the enemy reinforments arrive
noone helped with that either its only a small area around the cart so i know that for a fact.

stage 3 is killing 2x lvl7 champions and a lvl7hero, i killed the champions and went to work on the hero he was at around 20% hp when someone else came along but he didnt contribute enough to get on the scoreboard.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
im having a theory here, i have only ever seen a blue bag come in one public quest ever, and that was when a guy got the score of 12xx, not sure if that has anything to do with it to be honest, but since i have never seen a blue bag come in a public quest before i just noted the score he got and ill monitor the coming results in future PQ's.

so basicly im thinking it might have something to do with how high score you get.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
im having a theory here, i have only ever seen a blue bag come in one public quest ever, and that was when a guy got the score of 12xx, not sure if that has anything to do with it to be honest, but since i have never seen a blue bag come in a public quest before i just noted the score he got and ill monitor the coming results in future PQ's.

so basicly im thinking it might have something to do with how high score you get.

The bags are decided before you roll though. I think it's just random. A game of luck as everything else.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The contribution system BLOWS imo for example yesterday i came into a PQ they were on lvl 3 and i hit the boss ONCE YES ONCE came first and got a purple epic bag hahah.

mollok

Fledgling Freddie
The contribution system BLOWS imo for example yesterday i came into a PQ they were on lvl 3 and i hit the boss ONCE YES ONCE came first and got a purple epic bag hahah.

Ive seen this before too, is fucking annoying.... happend on a 6 stage quest in charce.... was not happy at all :(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH

Actually I think that's great. There should always be a chance to win even if it's small. Otherwise ppl who come late will not help at all.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Actually I think that's great. There should always be a chance to win even if it's small. Otherwise ppl who come late will not help at all.

But the people who have been there for over an hour come out with nothing to talk about?

Doesn't make sense.

IMO this system will only lead to bitching etc in the game when the big guilds get fed up with soloers coming in for their chance on teh big loot.

pariah

Fledgling Freddie
From what i have seen of the PQ's in open beta, the bags seem to improve in quality if the PQ has been failed a couple times, we were at one in the chaos area which was being farmed and were getting green bags, we then failed it a couple times as people moved on, then we completed it again and had blue bags for the top 2 spots.

Havent been able to test this theory atm in headstart tho due to the sheer number of people spamming the PQ's for inf. in the starting areas.

pez

Can't get enough of FH

I turned up late to a 2 stage PQ where they were on the boss, he had maybe 50% HP left. I figured I knew the system so drew the aggro and kept it for the whole 50% of the health more or less. 3 minutes total effort. However I was told I hadn't contributed enough and didn't get to roll. Slightly unpredictable system i guess.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
But the people who have been there for over an hour come out with nothing to talk about?

Whenever you complete a PQ and win no bags you get a blue icon behind your name that increases everytime you win no bag and makes it harder to make low rolls the higher value the blue icon is.
So if you were there for over an hour you would deffo have more chance to win the better items than a guy that walks in there to hit the Hero once but ofc its also all down to luck.

On the bag issue it's completely random, there is no logic it's random.
You can do the PQ with 50 people and get 2 greens and 2 white bags and you can do the PQ solo and get golden and purple bags it's random.
Both in the beta and now I tested it and we did a certain PQ with the same amount of people over and over and got a different set of bags every time.

Redflower

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt that it depends on how the PQ is done, I think it's entirely random. Yes, you do get a bonus to your roll for your contribution, but if the guy next to you (who has hardly contributed at all) rolls highest your bonus doesn't really matter.

drachena

Fledgling Freddie
Aye I did some PQ's yesterday and always the highest to contribute and even with the bonus to roll I never rolled over 200 so never got anything. At the end of the day it was a pain but it didnt bother me to much as I've been in ones near the end and got a great roll so got loot. Guess it all evens out in the end :clap:

mollok

Fledgling Freddie
after a few tests today ive come to the conclusion loot bags are completely random. Did PQs with 3 people and PQs with around 18 people, makes no odds :D

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I still think the scoring system is a bit wrong. as said above you can come in firstt place for contribution then get nothing for your trouble. they should atleast award the top 3 contributers with a bag then do the roll so its garenteed the people who are doing most of the work actualy get something out of it.

as with the system how it is you can come in the top 5 for contribution then end up placed 20 with the roll. this has happend to me more often than I actualy get anything so the system seems a bit unfair when people can just come stand and hit a few mobs and walk away with a prize. was is even mroe anoying is you see tanks go to the PQ's then they walk away from attackers instead of holding agro then dont attack anything till a none tank class ends up having to tank the mobs.

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
It seems simple and fair to me. People who play a lot will, on average, win more than people who play a bit. There will always be freak results but over time the luck should average out. There are hundreds of PQ's occuring every hour across the servers so from time to time the epic bag comes up and from time to time the late adding person will win. Usually they will not! Just because you buy ten tickets in the lottery, does not mean the guy who bought one can't win.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
as i said I have no problem with every1 having a chance to get an award but as I said if you get the top few spots on contribution you should get something for your effortbut I still think it should be possible for any1 to get a reward.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I turned up on Stage 3 on my shaman. I threw a HoT on the Black Orc tanking the boss and within 20 seconds teh boss died. I came second.

I was level 12 and most people were 10-11 so maybe that affects things?

Zede

Part of the furniture
entered a pq area, joined a grp there - PQ ended I came 3rd & got a bag ( about 10 ppl rolling)

working as intended ?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
The weighing system might need work, however the system itself is brilliant. You get +100 to your roll for each consecutive time you didnt receive a bag. So you ll win something in time. Even if thru some uber strange freak accident you do 6 PQs and dont win once, you likely will have completely filled your influence bar for that chapters faction and can go claim your rewards. PQs are a very nice addition to MMORPGing IMO.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I like it although it does seem very random at times. A purely 'damage dealt/healed' system would be unfair to lower level players, tanks and CC. It's already a bit of a mad scrabble to 1-shot any spawning mobs in some PQs because of the contribution bonus.

It does suck that people can just come along for 30s at the end and win though so maybe there should be a bonus for time spent in the PQ too.

As to the distribution of bags, I haven't seen a blue bag before Ch.3 so think that as the chapters go higher there's a chance of getting one, but there's also a chance of getting no bag. This system is good too - we have one guy in our guild who kept repeating the same PQ to an epic armour piece. Now I'd rather just get the influence and renown rewards so everyone is happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom