Is this what society has come to?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Honestly, I think this is 99.9% of the hoo-ha over all this.

Kids'll grow up and laugh at us olds for giving a shit in the same way I used to laugh at my grandmother who didn't like black people.

Changing rooms for humans is the answer.

Ofc, I'll object when someone tries to bring the goat they just married in, but then I'm a traditionalist. :)
Your lack of empathy for women is disturbing. Ask any woman about the first time a bloke exposed himself or tried to make him touch his cock and they'll generally tell you it started at about 10 years old and happens semi-regularly.

Single-sex spaces, especially in situations where women are most vulnerable, such as undressing or having a piss, are the least we owe them for a brief respite.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At my gym an argument always breaks out when a mother brings her young son into the women's changing room. When the dad brings a young daughter into the men's no one ever gives a shit.
Important distinction there. Christian hangover.

In the west we've a socially ingrained compulsion to "protect" women from men's eyes. It's fucked up.

Not a problem in other cultures...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

In the west we've a socially ingrained compulsion to "protect" women from men's eyes. It's fucked up.

The existence of the burka/niqab etc suggests you are chatting shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not science:
Your lack of empathy for women is disturbing. Ask any woman about the first time a bloke exposed himself or tried to make him touch his cock and they'll generally tell you it started at about 10 years old and happens semi-regularly.
Just shocked my girlfriend by asking her exactly this. (Her response was "what the fuck?!!" - (she's still laughing))

It's not her experience. Apparently it's not the experience of anyone she knows.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist and doesn't happen but you're absolutely overstating the problem - and it certainly shouldn't be used as (yet another) argument to stop societal reorganisation.

Personally, in the single sex changing rooms I've been in I've not seen loads of men running around trying to get women to touch their cocks. If they did, they'd get a shoeing.

Pure hysteria @Wij.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Personally, in the single sex changing rooms I've been in I've not seen loads of men running around trying to get women to touch their cocks. If they did, they'd get a shoeing.
You wouldn't see it. That's kinda the point.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We'll have the one gender-neutral toilet hopefully @gunner440 - and people won't give a shit who uses it.

Same with changing rooms, eventually :)

Ah good, let's take away urinals for men so they can queue up for the rest of time like the women have to. Excellent, equality in action. I think I'll just piss in that plant pot over there.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ah good, let's take away urinals for men so they can queue up for the rest of time like the women have to. Excellent, equality in action. I think I'll just piss in that plant pot over there.
Don't joke. Apparently now that public toilets are shut in tourist spots, people's gardens are doing a roaring trade in shit collection.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yup, the Trust have shut the toilets but let everyone in.
It stinks of piss today, there not even a pub or maccies, where the fuck do they expect people to go?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

Single-sex spaces, especially in situations where women are most vulnerable, such as undressing or having a piss, are the least we owe them for a brief respite.

This is why I asked the question though. The ones (known to me) I've asked have never had a problem with it / cared enough according to them. It's the ones that get angry who I don't understand. My concern was what they'd do with the kid when the kid needs to be dressed to put their swimming clothes on etc. and they're not of an age where they can dress themselves on their own responsibly.

I have no idea as to what they go through so thanks for clearing that up.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

There are a few regulars who bring their kids. Dad seems to be the one picking them up and then gets them changed in the changing rooms in time for swim class while he hits the gym. How he would get his daughter ready when he is on his own without bringing her with him I don't know. Surely asking a complete stranger of the opposite sex for that favour is a bit...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I was doing a documentary on post industrialist leisure architecture in a real time context.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They've got it right in California - they've just stuck the Gender Neutral sign above the Disabled toilets so the Alphabet people can use that.

Good to see they've extended their use from Physical Disabilities to Mental ones as well.
But that dilutes scarce facilities for disabled people for those who are not really disabled and can easily use a normal toilet. So its a crap solution tbh

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Why not get rid of the problem and have mixed toilets with a side protected area for urinals. If you need the stalls go left if you need the urinals go right. This is ok it is changning rooms that need to split then you could have 3, cis men, cis women, non cis.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why not get rid of the problem and have mixed toilets with a side protected area for urinals. If you need the stalls go left if you need the urinals go right. This is ok it is changning rooms that need to split then you could have 3, cis men, cis women, non cis.
Totally with you on the bog bit. But large numbers of changing rooms already work fine unsegregated.

Ever been to centre parcs? (Urgh, was forced into it earlier this year). Just a maze of cubicles. Kids, adults, dogs, cats, sunflowers, whatever...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Totally with you on the bog bit. But large numbers of changing rooms already work fine unsegregated.

Ever been to centre parcs? (Urgh, was forced into it earlier this year). Just a maze of cubicles. Kids, adults, dogs, cats, sunflowers, whatever...

Ive no idea why you would go to Centre Parcs if you 1. Dont have kids and 2. Hate Kids.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ive no idea why you would go to Centre Parcs if you 1. Dont have kids and 2. Hate Kids.
Tam's parents booked it. Had no choice.

Thankfully it was two weeks before lockdown (I tried to use coronavirus as a get out of jail card to no avail). Thankfully a ton of parents were terrified (for that is their default state) and the place was practically deserted. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom