Is this what society has come to?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
In Sweden they have a non gender specific pronoun "hen" where hon is female and "han" is male. As for masculine and feminine nouns there used to be three : masculine / femanine & neutral. Now there are just two : Ett - Neutral and En - Utrum (masculine and feminine together).

However you can have cases where gender is still used:
Vad är klockan?
What time is it
Hon är tre
It (she) is three

No one is whining as far as I know about this.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sorry no one is whining about the use of having a feminine clock but the use of Hen is debated a lot..

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
On twitter, maybe.

Tell us how trans peopke's intolerance is affecting your everyday life gaff.

(Other than in this thread, ofc)
My step daughter when through a phase of wanting to be called they or them. And got upset if people referred to her by her birth sex pronoun.

but there wasnt give on her side that using that made others a) feel uncomfortable b) just slipped some times after 20 yrs of calling them a her. It was all from her perspective. Not a crap given about anyone elses views.

she is now wanting to be a he. But i can still slip occasionally. And they get upset despite my not caring what they are called they are still family and we do anything for them.

A lot of external resentment would be quelled if the people wanting to not identify as he or she would be tolerant of Non psychic and deeply intrenched habits.

Thats not devaluing them or their wants in anyway. Just fact.

also sex is different from gender. If you ask for gender on passports you should be what you want. If you ask for sex and you have a dick you are a male and a vagina a female.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
In Sweden they have a non gender specific pronoun "hen" where hon is female and "han" is male. As for masculine and feminine nouns there used to be three : masculine / femanine & neutral. Now there are just two : Ett - Neutral and En - Utrum (masculine and feminine together).

However you can have cases where gender is still used:
Vad är klockan?
What time is it
Hon är tre
It (she) is three

No one is whining as far as I know about this.
I wonder in french and stuff where things are masculine or feminine. Can we have a gender neutral window or table without breaking the language? Lol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There are people born with both or none, but Im sure the giant thing we call humanity can deal with that.
Why do they ask your gender for passports, I can understand it for marketing..its not like you sit in a different part of the plane....or that anyone checks.

Youd have to very commited to the cause to deny being in a dress with tits and having Steve..male on your passport, would cause you a problem if your passport was needed in a dodgy situation in many less liberal parts of the world.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. Gender expression in a language that doesn't have words for it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So why steal existing words that already have a meaning unless you are trying to pretend they are the same thing?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
/singing

It's the ciiiiiircle of argument.....

:)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You could end it by agreeing he's not a woman.
I could. (But I doubt that would end it - just continue it down your logical path).

But at the same time - I think I'll make a small stand on a hill I barely undertand for people I rarely meet in the name of "it makes fuck all difference in the lives of anyone apart from twitter consumers"...

...ah, fuck. I've had so much to drink my own sentdnces barely make sense to me.

I hope that people I've never met, who'll never be affected by my drunkenness, get really angry on a global social media platform about ME, and the shit I'm causing their kids, n stuff...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I could. (But I doubt that would end it - just continue it down your logical path).

But at the same time - I think I'll make a small stand on a hill I barely undertand for people I rarely meet in the name of "it makes fuck all difference in the lives of anyone apart from twitter consumers"...

...ah, fuck. I've had so much to drink my own sentdnces barely make sense to me.

I hope that people I've never met, who'll never be affected by my drunkenness, get really angry on a global social media platform about ME, and the shit I'm causing their kids, n stuff...
So he's a woman like yeh?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We'll have the one gender-neutral toilet hopefully @gunner440 - and people won't give a shit who uses it.

Same with changing rooms, eventually :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That book btw @Wij.

Looks like they're trying to show a separation of sex and gender. Nothing particularly controversial there, surely?

Looks like more parental panic to me :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That book btw @Wij.

Looks like they're trying to show a separation of sex and gender. Nothing particularly controversial there, surely?

Looks like more parental panic to me :)
Looks like unscientific woowoo to me. Gender thetans. Used to justify women and girls having no space to get away from penises.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
We'll have the one gender-neutral toilet hopefully @gunner440 - and people won't give a shit who uses it.

Same with changing rooms, eventually :)

At my gym an argument always breaks out when a mother brings her young son into the women's changing room. When the dad brings a young daughter into the men's no one ever gives a shit. Whether this causes her to grow up cock-hungry I don't know.

a) I don't know how the mother is supposed to help her kid out in this case(?)

b) What will the above situation be like with all sorts of genders thrown into the mix? I've not seen any gym personally with more than male/female changing rooms but maybe you guys live in more modern places?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At my gym an argument always breaks out when a mother brings her young son into the women's changing room.
Honestly, I think this is 99.9% of the hoo-ha over all this.

Kids'll grow up and laugh at us olds for giving a shit in the same way I used to laugh at my grandmother who didn't like black people.

Changing rooms for humans is the answer.

Ofc, I'll object when someone tries to bring the goat they just married in, but then I'm a traditionalist. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
w...t...f...

When the day comes when we have 34 public toilets to choose from I'm hoping I don't get discriminated against when I just go into the closest one.

They've got it right in California - they've just stuck the Gender Neutral sign above the Disabled toilets so the Alphabet people can use that.

Good to see they've extended their use from Physical Disabilities to Mental ones as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom