Is this what society has come to?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why would it be multiple gender neutral pronouns? The only way this bullshit can work logically is if we're all the same "It" because otherwise any response might cause offence owing to our lack of telepathy. This is the very opposite of diversity.

Maybe we all start wearing gender name tags.
I MUST BE LABELLED seems a pretty regressive step tbh.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not. The correct pronoun for a man is he and Sam Smith is a man, but I don't give a shit if people label me 'incorrectly'. It's not important. I won't cry oppression if they do.

You can call me Brenda if you like.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can call me Brenda if you like.
Fine Bren. :)

You seem to be very upset that some people would like to be addressed differently tho.

Why do you not care about how you are addressed, but care deeply about how other people wish to be addressed?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fine Bren. :)

You seem to be very upset that some people would like to be addressed differently tho.

Why do you not care about how you are addressed, but care deeply about how other people wish to be addressed?
Because it's narcissistic.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No more than your belief that your view of how other people should feel and act is the correct one.

Live and let live, tbpfh. It's not a big enough deal to feel such anger over.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Live and let live, tbpfh
I'm not the one demanding other people accommodate my beliefs.

It's just like a religion expecting other people to bend to what it finds offensive. Why do you think that's dumb but bending to people's belief in their gender thetans isn't?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not the one demanding other people accommodate my beliefs.

It's just like a religion expecting other people to bend to what it finds offensive. Why do you think that's dumb but bending to people's belief in their gender thetans isn't?

1) Gay people.
2) Not a problem in other cultures.

and, importantly;

3) You're not being forced to do anything. The only thing that's happening here is that you're feeling pleasurable outrage prompted by use of twitter and weighing into a debate that really doesn't affect you (or hardly anyone) day-to-day.

We're going round in circles (again). Lets turn the conversation to see what concessions we would make for the gender fluid instead?

Would, for example, Freddies be happy to allow self-identification of whatever flavour of gender / species you liked on passports?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Point it at the first sentence and add a pinch of "scouse is tired of going around in circles so isn't trying too hard"...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Point it at the first sentence and add a pinch of "scouse is tired of going around in circles so isn't trying too hard"...

No. You keep trying to play the "just like the gays" card and it doesn't wash. On the one hand being asked not to give a shit about someone's bedroom habits is trivial and has no impact on anyone but gay people; being asked to second guess and accommodate people people's wish fulfilment fantasies does, just in terms of effort if nothing else. Sam Smith decides he's now It/They/Attack Helicopter and expects the world to not only know that, but throws a hissy fit if the rules (which exist entirely in his head by the way) are broken. And you don't think this is bullshit? We might tolerate fantasies in children but why the fuck are we under any obligation to do the same for adults?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you read the article @Wij posted - not only did Sam Smith (whoever the fuck that is) not object to Elton John's apparent faux-pas (and Attack Copter Smith is the only person who knows whether offence was taken or not) - but all of the rest of the OUTRAGE was on twitter and writers of articles about arguments being had amongst people with nothing to do with it on twitter. (Largely amongst straight white westerners who should have better things to do than make themselves feel pleasureable outrage at people they've never heard of, never mind met).

Like nearly all of the outrage around all of this relatively inconsequential shit...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If you read the article @Wij posted - not only did Sam Smith (whoever the fuck that is) not object to Elton John's apparent faux-pas (and Attack Copter Smith is the only person who knows whether offence was taken or not) - but all of the rest of the OUTRAGE was on twitter and writers of articles about arguments being had amongst people with nothing to do with it on twitter. (Largely amongst straight white westerners who should have better things to do than make themselves feel pleasureable outrage at people they've never heard of, never mind met).

Like nearly all of the outrage around all of this relatively inconsequential shit...
Scouse: This is all just meaningless twitter outrage. Who cares what twitter mobs say?

Also Scouse: Why won’t you comply with the thing the twitter mob is demanding?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse: This is all just meaningless twitter outrage. Who cares what twitter mobs say?

Also Scouse: Why won’t you comply with the thing the twitter mob is demanding?
Nope. I'm not arsed what the twitter mob is demanding.

But stuff like letting people self-identify as a dandelion on their passports and in census data etc. I don't think reasonable people can have serious objection to that. If they do, they're not reasonable, they're fucking mean-spirited.

If people prefer to be addressed by a preferred pronoun, also no problems, as long as it's understood when people get it wrong.

Reasonableness goes both ways. (And, by design, isn't found in abundance on twitter).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can’t remember who wants to be referred to by which pronoun. Why should I?

And putting it on passports? What is the bloody point? By definition genders can’t be detected or disputed. You might as well put ‘Favourite My Little Pony Character’ on there.

In fact no. It’s just a free text field. I can put ‘c Cf ggfgffghhdx’ in there. Or ‘Sweaty Tit Cheese’.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The bloody point is it'll make THEM feel a fuckload better whilst costing YOU nothing.

I'm totally fine with it being a free text field btw. Who really gives a fuck? It doesn't matter. The biometrics are what matter.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The bloody point is it'll make THEM feel a fuckload better whilst costing YOU nothing.

I'm totally fine with it being a free text field btw. Who really gives a fuck? It doesn't matter. The biometrics are what matter.
Why even put it in there if it doesn’t matter?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why even put it in there if it doesn’t matter?
I didn't invent the fucking passport.

What I do know is - and I'm sick of saying this - other countries can do it.

Why are you being so obtuse about this. If you can't even accomodate on that level then you're just old, mean and digging your heels in for no good reason.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I didn't invent the fucking passport.

What I do know is - and I'm sick of saying this - other countries can do it.

Why are you being so obtuse about this. If you can't even accomodate on that level then you're just old, mean and digging your heels in for no good reason.
I’m not. It’s literally meaningless. Why have it on a passport? People can’t get offended that it has their gender wrong if it’s not on there can they?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I’m not. It’s literally meaningless. Why have it on a passport?
Like I've already said - I didn't design passports and I don't give a fuck, personally, if it's there or not.

But whilst it's there - why shouldn't we accommodate something that's important to other people, but not us?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Like I've already said - I didn't design passports and I don't give a fuck, personally, if it's there or not.

But whilst it's there - why shouldn't we accommodate something that's important to other people, but not us?

All ours say ‘Sex’

DaGaffer

Because you're pandering to mental health issues.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Who gives a fuck about either of those "points" you beardy old set-in-your-ways granddads-to-be!

It's clear that zero ground will be given by you two. There's not a shred of reasonable live-and-let-live pragmatism in either of you. Perhaps some things'll change and you can sit about in your slippers like harry enfield's old codgers moaning to your heart's content. :)

I might even join you. As long as the port's good.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Who gives a fuck about either of those "points" you beardy old set-in-your-ways granddads-to-be!
The passport literally asks about Sex, not gender.

YOU are the one constantly reminding us that Sex and Gender are different things.

Try to keep up with your own argument.

DaGaffer

It's clear that zero ground will be given by you two. There's not a shred of reasonable live-and-let-live pragmatism in either of you. Perhaps some things'll change and you can sit about in your slippers like harry enfield's old codgers moaning to your heart's content. :)

I might even join you. As long as the port's good.

"Wah, the mean old men won't play my fantasy game, wah, poor me, I'd better get them "cancelled".

I think you'll find intolerance is far more insidious on the other side of the fence.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think you'll find intolerance is far more insidious on the other side of the fence.
On twitter, maybe.

Tell us how trans peopke's intolerance is affecting your everyday life gaff.

(Other than in this thread, ofc)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
How does this work in Europe where so many languages are gender specific.

It would be a shitstorm of offence everytime they opened their mouths in a genderless party.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
On twitter, maybe.

Tell us how trans peopke's intolerance is affecting your everyday life gaff.

(Other than in this thread, ofc)

99% of the time no, but it has become a bit of a celebrity cult and influencers..jesus did I just write that..are starting this trend of bringing their kids up non binary or whatever, which is hardly on the level beating them up..but its an issue for a wider society on the same par as bringing your kid up in any cult.
Like Catholicism or footballgambling.

Do what you like to yourself but dont tell me I have to conform, that leaves it wide open for people who want to marry sheep and 5 yr olds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom