Is this what society has come to?

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by BloodOmen, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Your lack of empathy for women is disturbing. Ask any woman about the first time a bloke exposed himself or tried to make him touch his cock and they'll generally tell you it started at about 10 years old and happens semi-regularly.

Single-sex spaces, especially in situations where women are most vulnerable, such as undressing or having a piss, are the least we owe them for a brief respite.

2. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Important distinction there. Christian hangover.

In the west we've a socially ingrained compulsion to "protect" women from men's eyes. It's fucked up.

Not a problem in other cultures...

3. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

The existence of the burka/niqab etc suggests you are chatting shit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scouse

Should have said *some*. :shrug:

5. Scouse

Not science:
    Just shocked my girlfriend by asking her exactly this. (Her response was "what the fuck?!!" - (she's still laughing))

It's not her experience. Apparently it's not the experience of anyone she knows.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist and doesn't happen but you're absolutely overstating the problem - and it certainly shouldn't be used as (yet another) argument to stop societal reorganisation.

Personally, in the single sex changing rooms I've been in I've not seen loads of men running around trying to get women to touch their cocks. If they did, they'd get a shoeing.

Pure hysteria @Wij.

6. Wij

You wouldn't see it. That's kinda the point.

7. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Ah good, let's take away urinals for men so they can queue up for the rest of time like the women have to. Excellent, equality in action. I think I'll just piss in that plant pot over there.

8. Wij

Don't joke. Apparently now that public toilets are shut in tourist spots, people's gardens are doing a roaring trade in shit collection.

9. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Yup, the Trust have shut the toilets but let everyone in.
    It stinks of piss today, there not even a pub or maccies, where the fuck do they expect people to go?

10. gunner440

gunner440 Hey Daddy Altman

This is why I asked the question though. The ones (known to me) I've asked have never had a problem with it / cared enough according to them. It's the ones that get angry who I don't understand. My concern was what they'd do with the kid when the kid needs to be dressed to put their swimming clothes on etc. and they're not of an age where they can dress themselves on their own responsibly.

I have no idea as to what they go through so thanks for clearing that up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gunner440

gunner440 Hey Daddy Altman

There are a few regulars who bring their kids. Dad seems to be the one picking them up and then gets them changed in the changing rooms in time for swim class while he hits the gym. How he would get his daughter ready when he is on his own without bringing her with him I don't know. Surely asking a complete stranger of the opposite sex for that favour is a bit...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scouse

13. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

I was doing a documentary on post industrialist leisure architecture in a real time context.

14. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

But that dilutes scarce facilities for disabled people for those who are not really disabled and can easily use a normal toilet. So its a crap solution tbh

15. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel FH Subscriber

Why not get rid of the problem and have mixed toilets with a side protected area for urinals. If you need the stalls go left if you need the urinals go right. This is ok it is changning rooms that need to split then you could have 3, cis men, cis women, non cis.

16. Scouse

Totally with you on the bog bit. But large numbers of changing rooms already work fine unsegregated.

Ever been to centre parcs? (Urgh, was forced into it earlier this year). Just a maze of cubicles. Kids, adults, dogs, cats, sunflowers, whatever...

17. dysfunction

dysfunction I am a FH squatter

Ive no idea why you would go to Centre Parcs if you 1. Dont have kids and 2. Hate Kids.

18. Scouse

Tam's parents booked it. Had no choice.

Thankfully it was two weeks before lockdown (I tried to use coronavirus as a get out of jail card to no avail). Thankfully a ton of parents were terrified (for that is their default state) and the place was practically deserted. :)