Is this what society has come to?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Great thread on why sport was segregated by biological sex and must continue to be
"Must"?

No. "We want it to be because it works for the majority and is much easier".

Meanwhile, repeating an ignored point:
In elite female athletics the number of intersex athletes is 140 times more than what you might find in the normal female population
Sport in "not actually working for 'females'" shocker.

But I guess we only complain when people *look* masculine.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So your argument is that sport is already tough for females so might as well totally fuck em over. Seems weak.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So your argument is that sport is already tough for females so might as well totally fuck em over.
No. I've made my argument explicitly and very clearly multiple times. You're the one continuing to ignore it.

Despite the fact that "female" sport really isn't - because: biology.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What you are advocating is sporting categories for men with short hair and men with long hair. Fuck that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Britain: "Insane men with long hair...mwahhhh!!!"

Thailand: <insert correct more civilised description before not caring one jot, because it bothers no-one>

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Britain: "Insane men with long hair...mwahhhh!!!"

Thailand: <insert correct more civilised description before not caring one jot, because it bothers no-one>
Sure. Women are happy that men are speaking for them again. Back to the way it should be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In the context of what I wrote your faux butthurt outrage makes no sense.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Neither did your reply address the actual point.
Absolutely it did.

Compare the different realities in the two cultures then realise which culture is a whiny little bitch that needs to change.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Absolutely it did.

Compare the different realities in the two cultures then realise which culture is a whiny little bitch that needs to change.
Bollocks. You have this idealised view of Thailand for some reason and think that just because they have a relaxed attitude to gender non-conformity they are also OK and perfectly PC in regards to everything that surrounds it.

Back in the real world most women I know when seeing that the 'woman's rep' for this organisation or that organisation is actually a bloke are quietly boiling their piss. They fucking hate it but don't like speaking out for fear of being hounded. Some bloke who started wearing dresses in his mid-40s has the balls (pun intended) to start lecturing on the problem's women face and what their needs are.

I realise we are a bit under-represented in females in FH (Sorry @Yoni) but IRL women are quietly furious.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Absolutely it did.

Why are you holding up Thailand as some kind of transgender exemplar? There's no legal recognition for kathoeys and while there is cultural acceptance, it's a. more a case of pity than accommodation (as Buddhists they believe kathoeys have fucked up in a past life) and b. they are not regarded as women. They are regarded as a third sex and there's no attempt to claim they are actual women.

While you could definitely argue there are some lessons to be learned from Thai cultural attitudes (and that's debatable), the attitude of "gender trumps sex as policy" simply doesn't exist in Thailand.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
IRL some women are quietly furious.
The ones I actually talk to largely don't give a fuck and/or are sympathetic to trans people.

Maybe a lot of these angry women are getting hella twitter exposure, whereas moderate people (in pretty much everything) avoid the platform like the plague?

Why are you holding up Thailand as some kind of transgender exemplar?
I'm not. It's just laziness. Especially when I've covered it in detail, with links n' everything :)

I'm bored of going round in circles, so when @Wij posts yet another same post, I occasionally go "aint a problem elsewhere" - when I can be arsed responding.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am also concerned @Wij - however as I have seen recently my voice is unimportant here and I am basically told to shut up. It’s odd because all my life I have known that I was a little different from the girls who epitomise societies view of what a woman should be (if there really is such a thing). I am bisexual and think in a similar way to a bloke in many ways although I have an extreme form of empathy and yet here, on these forums I am told to shut it because my voice isn’t important and yet I am the only woman here?

It isn’t just this thread - I also found it interesting that it is ok for everyone here to lose their shit with the village idiot mods included - but I express myself and I am held to different level *shrug*

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Personally I wish we had more women on here telling men to shut the fuck up.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well people do it, so I guess its sensible to point it out.

Like drugs and that

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
my voice is unimportant here and I am basically told to shut up. *
Whiny bullshit.

Nothing of the sort was said.

What IS happening in this thread is a load of people saying you can't hold an intellectual position if you're a man. Which is sexist claptrap of the highest order.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Whiny bullshit.

What IS happening in this thread is a load of people saying you can't hold an intellectual position if you're a man. Which is sexist claptrap of the highest order.
Nope. What is being said is that its bullshit for men to tell women what is a small sacrifice for women to make.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Whiny bullshit.

Seriously I have held my tongue regarding this subject on this forum because you in particular are stating that your opinion is more valid than mine and they are not. As for whiny - where have I whined I have tried to keep my posts to the point and factual and where I have got it wrong I have apologised (something that people on these forums do not do enough when hey are proven catgegorically wrong).

Can you stop posing your point of view as anything but your point of view (because that is all it is there is NOTHING intellectual about it). I would be more interested in discussing this topic with cis women from differing points of view because they are the individuals affected currently by changes in trans rights. All your post has proven is that you consider me "whiney", and to accept your view without question "tough fucking tits women" and "get over it" - you are currently the type of indiviudal that I have fought against my entire life to have the rights and priviledges that I have today in terms of job opportunities and equal pay and before you go down that route I do not positively discriminate in my work place the job goes to the one with the right qualifications and fit for the organisation - contrary to what you may believe I am not some feminazi radical, I am and always will be a liberal feminist.

What I would really like to know is who the fuck do you think you are? You are a white cis male living in a western country. You have never had to suffer because of your biological sex - stop trying to tell 50% of the population what is good for them and what rights they have to give up for a few people. I have never said that those few people shouldnt have the same rights just that neither mine no any other cis womans rights should be voilated or removed in the process.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seriously I have held my tongue regarding this subject on this forum because you in particular are stating that your opinion is more valid than mine and they are not. As for whiny
I've never said anything of the sort. In fact it's demonatrably the opposite - that my opinion isn't valid because I'm a man.

I said whiny because you keep talking that claptrap when I've not ignored you, and have, in fact, tried wholeheartedly to engage.

But to give your assertion some validity, I've deliberately not even read the rest of your post. I might get round to it, and this thread, in the future but in the meantime feel happy that you're now "right".

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well people do it, so I guess its sensible to point it out.

Like drugs and that
It's normalising girls who hate their bodies. 'You need to hate and abuse your body in the safest way possible.'

It's like advising on the best antiseptic to use after cutting your arms.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whiny bullshit.

"Women get over yourselves" is not an intellectual position. You've consistently taken that line with zero consideration for alternative perspectives.

Of course you can have an opinion about anything you like, but what you can not have, by definition, is perspective, and you've got a lot of previous form in that area.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Seriously I have held my tongue regarding this subject on this forum because you in particular are stating that your opinion is more valid than mine and they are not. As for whiny - where have I whined I have tried to keep my posts to the point and factual and where I have got it wrong I have apologised (something that people on these forums do not do enough when hey are proven catgegorically wrong).

Can you stop posing your point of view as anything but your point of view (because that is all it is there is NOTHING intellectual about it). I would be more interested in discussing this topic with cis women from differing points of view because they are the individuals affected currently by changes in trans rights. All your post has proven is that you consider me "whiney", and to accept your view without question "tough fucking tits women" and "get over it" - you are currently the type of indiviudal that I have fought against my entire life to have the rights and priviledges that I have today in terms of job opportunities and equal pay and before you go down that route I do not positively discriminate in my work place the job goes to the one with the right qualifications and fit for the organisation - contrary to what you may believe I am not some feminazi radical, I am and always will be a liberal feminist.

What I would really like to know is who the fuck do you think you are? You are a white cis male living in a western country. You have never had to suffer because of your biological sex - stop trying to tell 50% of the population what is good for them and what rights they have to give up for a few people. I have never said that those few people shouldnt have the same rights just that neither mine no any other cis womans rights should be voilated or removed in the process.
@Scouse tends to present his view as the only one and always correct. :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom