Is this what society has come to?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Martin Howe QC, lead author of The Lawyers for Britain paper, claimed the Supreme Court had overstepped the mark and started creating “new legal rules which did not previously exist”.

Job

Of course it can happen, its government job to create laws, courts job to enforce them, but that means government also have to follow the law, which they didn't, if it was a clearly wrong decision it would have been appealed heavily, but doing it this way lets them push the narrative it was all a ploy by evil deep state liberals, so now they can push through laws that will make things worse for most people but easier for rich people to take law as mostly a suggestion

And you are falling for it hook line and sinker ;)
Well taking the law as a suggestion isnt the way to protect ourselves from that is it really.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Martin Howe QC who, completely coincidentally I'm sure, happens to be a no deal Leave voter.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Who runs a pro brexit group of lawyers ;)

I read his statement and he makes a fair point that this wouldn't be an issue if there was a clearly defined constitutional way of doing this (elections, prorogations, etc) but there isnt, thus supreme court ruling is the definition of "legal" until government comes up with enough votes to change that.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There really is no point arguing with Job as he makes up all his "facts", interprets everything incorrectly, never answers follow questions properly and most of his posts are poorly constructed and incomprehensible.

Job

And there lies the partisan approach to law at that level.

Interpretations become truth and bias slips in.
One side says the Supreme court reached out to protect parliament, the other says they overstepped to interfere.
It was quite clearly the second.
They should have refused to verdict as its not their place, but the urge to please their peers overtook them.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

One side says the Supreme court reached out to protect parliament, the other says they overstepped to interfere.
They should have refused to verdict as its not their place, but the urge to please their peers overtook them.
You mean they should've done what your side wanted them to.

Job

They should have stayed in their remit..not 'done' what anyone wanted.

This isnt some blip, it was a Blair created, soon to reveal itself as a banana republic court making a power grab into our democracy.

Boris's action was unusual, but claiming it was illegal was a very dangerous game indeed.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
By definition they did what is in their remit, thats the whole point of a supreme court

So you start off well explaining that humans are biased, then you lean into your own bias to state that something is clearly wrong.

Read up on Us vs Them theory you could really benefit from it

Embattle

FH is my second home
There really is no point arguing with Job as he makes up all his "facts", interprets everything incorrectly, never answers follow questions properly and most of his posts are poorly constructed and incomprehensible.

Something you and others have said many times, I've said to you all many times not to bother as well....welcome to Freddys Groundhog Day :p

Job

Interprets everything incorrectly ..lol

and I answer 90% of questions even though a lot of them are just side questions to divert the argument.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I've not replied to any of his posts for the last 2 weeks.
I also went c. 2 weeks but sadly I failed just on the mark due to a ridiculous amount of drivel he spouted about my home :/. Sadly being a red head has it’s downfalls - temper is one of them oO

Embattle

FH is my second home
I also went c. 2 weeks but sadly I failed just on the mark due to a ridiculous amount of drivel he spouted about my home :/. Sadly being a red head has it’s downfalls - temper is one of them oO

Well least the red mist will match the lobster effects the sun has on you :p

Job

So after all your crying and wailing and calling me an idiot.

Ex Barrister Suella Braverman is appointed and top of her list is quashing the judges creep into politics.
So even though you think its just fine because it suited your purpose on one issue, theres going to be a major fight to neuter that utterly ridiculous supreme court before it does anymore damage and I fancy her chances given the con majority.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Ex Barrister Suella Braverman is appointed and top of her list is quashing the judges creep into politics.
So even though you think its just fine because it suited your purpose on one issue, theres going to be a major fight to neuter that utterly ridiculous supreme court before it does anymore damage and I fancy her chances given the con majority.

dum de dum dum dum

Braverman campaigned to leave the European Union in the 2016 EU membership referendum;[32] a majority (55%) of votes in her constituency were for leaving.[33] She was Chair of the European Research Group, a pro-Leave group of Conservative MPs, until her promotion to ministerial office; she was replaced by Jacob Rees-Mogg.[34][35] Following the 2017 general election, Braverman was appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the ministers of the Treasury.[36]

Since you're saying the judges are bias, it's also fair to call her bias and dismiss her?

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Only one whining about it was you ;)

Its the governments job to make laws, but just because something is legal doesnt does it right ;)

Gwadien

I hate judges, they're politically bias.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_151-39-23%2C_Volksgerichtshof%2C_Reinecke%2C_Freisler%2C_Lautz.jpg

Yeah, my kinda dudes, they're not... politically bias?

Job

dum de dum dum dum

Braverman campaigned to leave the European Union in the 2016 EU membership referendum;[32] a majority (55%) of votes in her constituency were for leaving.[33] She was Chair of the European Research Group, a pro-Leave group of Conservative MPs, until her promotion to ministerial office; she was replaced by Jacob Rees-Mogg.[34][35] Following the 2017 general election, Braverman was appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the ministers of the Treasury.[36]

Since you're saying the judges are bias, it's also fair to call her bias and dismiss her?
Boris was pro remain..I dont think for one minute he wouldnt rather stay.

That was only her opinion..she wasnt a judge

Gwadien

Boris was pro remain..I dont think for one minute he wouldnt rather stay.

That was only her opinion..she wasnt a judge

No, Boris will do what ever he can to line his own pocket.

Funnily enough, a criticism that you have of previous politicians, but it seems to be more prevalent with the ones that you support.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Having a high IQ I find it incredibly dumb that the Conservatives didn't screen this out as an obvious no-no hire.

Having said that, IQ differences between races and sexes exist. But that doesn't matter - because political decisions should not be made on the basis of those differences. That road leads to eugenics and hitler and race-war.

As we don't live in a world of free-speech you could technically get prosecuted for expressing your opinion even if it is was in full agreement with the empirical evidence (which is now really hard to find on google as they've been instructed to serve up results saying it's all bullshit, when it ain't). I find this counterproductive because it means wankers like @Job hold onto their hate even harder, and that their (wrong) opinion that we should discriminate on IQ is the right thing to do.

It's funny that the right never understood that if we discriminate based on IQ then they're in the firing line too (up against the wall, as they like to say). It annoys me that the left prohibits adult discussion of these ideas in a free society - the very discussion that used to be allowable, that brought about equality laws in the first place.

Either way - asking the PM in this climate is pointless and childish. He can only answer one way. So what's the point?

Job

Everyones frothing at the mouth but the guy is just repeating the facts.
Of course it doesnt take much thought to consider the context of such testing and the serious conclusion errors from the widespread racism and exclusion from vast swathes of white society that black people have been subjected to for decades if not centuries.
The IQ test itself has to be brought into question as its suitability for this measurement, some people cruise it much the same as many people are exceptional at chess or crosswords while having no discernable extra intelligence.
I did quite a few online IQ tests out of boredom many years ago and quite clearly quickly improved as patterns of thought started to evolve.
I can work just about anything out, but Im slow because my thought process is methodical as Im dealing with specific problems rather than jumping into pattern matching.

Are black people less intelligent statistically..yes.
Are white people brains better than blacks..no.
They simply are not under any biological investigation.

Job

95% of New York cab drivers are immigrants..70% are muslim.

Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom