Is this what society has come to?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
He stayed at our flat one night, that was 35 years ago ..she was on Radio1 and he was on childrens tv.

Job

TBH she's lucky to be alive

She was born with congenital hearing loss and labyrinthitis, which she has had several operations to correct. She stated in 2015 that she had 70% audibility in her left ear and 50% in her right ear.[7] Jamil says she was "bookish and shy" at school.[8] At the age of nine, she was diagnosed with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a genetic disorder causing loose joints, joint pain, stretchy skin, and abnormal scar formation.[9] As a teenager, she suffered from anorexia nervosa and did not eat a full meal between the ages of 14 and 17. She has stated that she believes her eating disorder developed due to societal pressure:

I was bombarded with a narrative that had no alternative. There were never any women who were celebrated for their intellect ... and all of my magazines were selling me weight loss products or telling me to be thin. Otherwise, I wasn't worth anything.[10]

At the age of 17, Jamil was struck by a car while running from a bee, breaking several bones and damaging her spine. She was told that she might never walk again, but she slowly recovered after steroid treatment and physiotherapy, using a Zimmer frame to start walking.[11][12] She cites the car accident as what pushed her towards recovery, stating that "it changed [her] relationship with [her] body" and "figuratively knocked some sense into [her]".[10] She attended Queen's College School in London and taught English to foreign students at the Callan School of English in London.[12] She also worked as a model, photographer, and fashion scout for Premier Model Management Limited.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
TBH she's lucky to be alive

She was born with congenital hearing loss and labyrinthitis, which she has had several operations to correct. She stated in 2015 that she had 70% audibility in her left ear and 50% in her right ear.[7] Jamil says she was "bookish and shy" at school.[8] At the age of nine, she was diagnosed with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a genetic disorder causing loose joints, joint pain, stretchy skin, and abnormal scar formation.[9] As a teenager, she suffered from anorexia nervosa and did not eat a full meal between the ages of 14 and 17. She has stated that she believes her eating disorder developed due to societal pressure:

I was bombarded with a narrative that had no alternative. There were never any women who were celebrated for their intellect ... and all of my magazines were selling me weight loss products or telling me to be thin. Otherwise, I wasn't worth anything.[10]

At the age of 17, Jamil was struck by a car while running from a bee, breaking several bones and damaging her spine. She was told that she might never walk again, but she slowly recovered after steroid treatment and physiotherapy, using a Zimmer frame to start walking.[11][12] She cites the car accident as what pushed her towards recovery, stating that "it changed [her] relationship with [her] body" and "figuratively knocked some sense into [her]".[10] She attended Queen's College School in London and taught English to foreign students at the Callan School of English in London.[12] She also worked as a model, photographer, and fashion scout for Premier Model Management Limited.
Not sure of relevance but ok.

Job

Oh I read Jobs post and replied with words constructed into a sentence without puling my pants up.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I’m thinking it means heterosexual but in a much more fabulous way than straight people therefore I can go to Pride.

I actually really liked her in The Good Place and as far as Twitter noises go I agree with her more than I disagree, but when I saw this I realised I have no real idea what the "Q" means, which probably makes me evil incarnate or something, and yet I really cant be arsed looking it up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Apparently it means anything except heterosexual or when your gender identity matches the sex you were born with. So to "come out as queer" doesn't mean an awful lot.

It sounds like she took this role (while we're asking questions: what is "the predominantly black and Latinx subculture of drag balls in the LGBT community" and why is there a televised contest about it?), there was backlash and she either felt like she had to put something out or she was pushed to do it by the producers of the show.
I actually really liked her in The Good Place
Also, fun fact, I hadn't ever heard of that show before your post in the TV thread. I'm two seasons in and it's utterly charming.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So it means heterosexual and not trans?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I mean @Job has a past. But i dont see him making up shit that happened in his life.
I'm amazed some bloke he knows from the pub hasn't shagged her, tbpfh....

Job

I think the 'it gets worse' statement says everything about the construct and agenda of that ad.

Where does this shit end and who is motivated to cause conflict with it when we all understand the timelines of culture.

This is the last gasp of liberalism in scandanavia and its so sad to see it die at its own hand.

I really dont think they appreciate what they are messing with here.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Job

Its becoming a disease in Scandinavian liberal culture, and they are paying for it with a growing right wing....I'll give it 5 years and the right will be 50%.

Its not about offence..they are abusing their advertising power to push an agenda.
If you look at the video its running 62K dislikes 4K likes and comments are off.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Ad That Scandinavian Airlines Pulled After A Day | One Mile at a Time

Good balanced article on the SAS Ad controversy. They pulled it in a day which seems pointless to me, haters gonna hate :)

IMO The ad looks good and has good message about travel but I do get why some people hate it.
I think it's a fucking great ad that's as factually correct in Scandanavia as it is for most countries.

Right wing snowflakes will be absolutely bawling into their cornflakes over it.

Which were invented in America :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Its becoming a disease in Scandinavian liberal culture, and they are paying for it with a growing right wing....I'll give it 5 years and the right will be 50%.

Its not about offence..they are abusing their advertising power to push an agenda.
If you look at the video its running 62K dislikes 4K likes and comments are off.

The thing is, I *really* don't think they're trying to push a liberal agenda at all, they're called Scandinavian Airlines and they're trying to get Scandinavians to travel abroad, they did it badly and people have interpreted like you have.

Job

Yes of course thats it.

Lets promote our airline by dismissing the culture of our own country.

I mean you can say all publicity is good publicity, but it would be no surprise to anyone if the CEO of the AD company turned out to be a white supremacist who wanted to stir some shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

What "agenda"? It literally says Scandinavians take other people's half-arsed shit and make it better. Which is objectively true, and absolutely a good thing and something to be proud of. Although of course its not true to say Scandinavians invented "nothing"; Scandinavia collectively has 64 Nobel Prizes, and in fact invented the Nobel Prize. And dynamite, which led to the Nobel Prize.

It seems to be a poor execution of the idea (I can't see it, I don't know if its been pulled is just geoblocked here), but there's nothing "liberal" about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It seems to be a poor execution of the idea (I can't see it, I don't know if its been pulled is just geoblocked here), but there's nothing "liberal" about it.
I thought it was good. It didn't trash their own culture - it said "we're great because we're outward looking and we bring the best the world has back home with us".

For me that trumps whatever your country has invented. No amount of home invention can outweigh human's nature to copy what is great and bring it back, give it your own twist, and then watch the uptake.

There seems to be a naturally small but vocal core of inward looking arseholes who are scared to go and try something different who are horridly offended by that idea - the idea that they're shit. So they get self-esteem through looking at people who lived near them a couple of hundred years ago and trying to claim their successes as their own.

Outward looking people revel in the things that people who aren't scared have brought back to their home country - and enjoy the amazing diversity in art, food, language and culture that happens because of that.

When things are going good for everyone we simply ignore the inward arseholes. When things are going badly (financial crash + ideological austerity) then these inward looking arseholes have more sway.

As demonstrated all the bloody time through history.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yes of course thats it.

Lets promote our airline by dismissing the culture of our own country.

I mean you can say all publicity is good publicity, but it would be no surprise to anyone if the CEO of the AD company turned out to be a white supremacist who wanted to stir some shit.
The message is simple, when we travel we learn and can bring new ideas back. People can rage about heritage all they want but it is essentially true. Windmills from Persia who in turn learnt from the Chinese. Beer and wine were not European but bloody glad we perfected the art

Ormorof

FH is my second home

You are very knowledgeable about Scandinavia it seems, yet you ignore pretty much anything said by those of us who actually live here...

Ad seems to be getting trolled from reddit, the main denmark subreddit is full of memes mocking the outrage that wienerbrød (danish pastry) is not danish, seems unclear if anyone is actually upset about it other than right wing nutters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom