Is this what society has come to?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A two second google shows that story is on multiple sites, of all political persuasions. And you're being a bit of a tool; the two issues are related
1) Posting the Fail on here used to be a hangable offence. But not when it comes to this sort of shit I see. You've both given Job an out for his idiocy. If there are multiple sources then why the hell not post *anything* other than the fail?

2) They don't *have* to be. I've been pretty fucking clear where I lie on surgical intervention, on multiple occasions. How many times should I post that when @Wij keeps on posting the same thing? His argument clearly changed yesterday, so I'd say Wij is being the tool - because, as I went to great pains to point out - I've addressed the surgical intervention thing loads so lets have a talk about where we disagree?

I'm bored of the surgery angle. Separate them out. Wij is going to great lengths to avoid that, because if you separate them out, and it works how I described yesterday, then there's nothing to see here.

This. There is a long and ignominious history of medics exercising pet theories as fact. As I've said on this thread before, some of the worst have been the advocacy of surgical interventions for psychological issues. Its never gone well.
Well done. I don't think anyone, at all, has argued against this. Even once.

The only reason it's the focus of the argument is because if you separate this out then there's no fucking problem for people to get their knickers in a twist with, is there?

But, you know, parental terror and suddenly the Daily Mail is an acceptable news source around here...

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm actually surprised this thread is still going, it started on shaky grounds but it at least seems to have laid the groundwork for discussion.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So Trad wives are Nazis.
I mean obviously that ridiculous, but Ive just made the link and will pretend I dont support it.

‘Tradwives’: the new trend for submissive women has a dark heart and history

Hadley Freeman said:
Now look, clearly being a happy housewife does not mean you are a Nazi.

Do you ever actually read the stuff you quote?

I have no problems with women staying home to look after their families (if they can afford to) but all the "only route to a successful marriage is to only do what your husband wants" stuff is just weird, but then I would find a relationship with a doormat repellent.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Do you?

The headline alone hints at the connection..followed by comparing it to white supremacy and Nazi ideology.

You cant thow a disclaimer in after showing quite clearly its what you think.

DaGaffer

Do you?

The headline alone hints at the connection..followed by comparing it to white supremacy and Nazi ideology.

She didn’t compare it white supremacy, she said the whole submissive wife thing is popular with the alt-right and was a central tenet of Nazi ideology, which it absolutely was (Kinder, Küche, Kirche). These things are objectively true. But that doesn’t mean stay-at-home wives are Nazis. You see the amazing thing about having a working brain is that you can see connections and resonances in things without leaping to the conclusion that these things apply to everyone. You should give it a try next time you’re thinking about brown people.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not a disclaimer. It's a clarification to ensure people understand that she doesn't think housewives are Nazis.

Only in the world of twisted wankers (you) do people deliberately ignore that, so they can feel differently about the article - and then tell people "this is what she clearly thinks".

When she explicitly said "I don't think this".

Job

Lol seriously.

The headline ..parallels with white supremacy and nazis, but you are appeased by 'of course that isnt true..wink..wink.'

Youre defending an article blatantly associating a completely normal state of habitation with white nazis.

DaGaffer

Lol seriously.

The headline ..parallels with white supremacy and nazis, but you are appeased by 'of course that isnt true..wink..wink.'

Youre defending an article blatantly associating a completely normal state of habitation with white nazis.

Once again, your comprehension skills are found wanting; the criticism is not aimed at “the normal state of habitation” but of proselytising about it as a superior model of human behaviour to the alternative (eg going to work, having one’s own agency etc.)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
wah wah muslims abuse their women by making them stay at home and wear a burqa wah wah

Job

Well Islam is very conservative....they just take it waayyyy to far.

DaGaffer

You know what? I'm going to give you this one. I read this this morning and noted she'd carefully left the comments button off. Telling someone that can't have an opinion because of their "white male privilege" is as pointless as it is untrue, because once again they fail to understand that power doesn't actually give a shit what colour or sex you are so long as you have money. It is a correlation (admittedly a strong one), not a causation, and the white males who don't have privilege (e.g. most of them looking at their mortgage payments and an early grave) tend to respond to the accusation by doing incalculably dumb things like voting for Brexit, as a means of exercising agency where they normally have none.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Only in the world of twisted wankers (you) do people deliberately ignore that, so they can feel differently about the article - and then tell people "this is what she clearly thinks".

When she explicitly said "I don't think this".

Though, this is a general theme on the whole spectrum of miserable cunts, left, middle and right. Twisting things to fit their view

Job

Of course thats why the tv is full of liberal comedians and comedy shows, thats why the bbc recommends Horrible Histories ' Britain stole everything' episode on brexit night.
Thats why Hignfy only invites conservatives and right wingers on to set them up and ridicule them.
Every non liberal view is your thick mates down the pub, every English flag is the swastika and being white means you have to prove at every turn you arent a closet member of the Klan

Liberalism is the safe space for comedy and opinion in our mainstream media...they sit their making smug jokes and sitting atop their moral tower while the country votes for brexit and landlsides the Tories while destroying the liberals.

Safe in the knowledge their chosen subject isolates them from controversy....its practically a front for a corporate HR industry.
Meanwhile the entire fighback for half the fucking country is being played out behind closed doors and on media platforms that allow it.

If you dont like Brexit...remember, its YOUR fault, without your elitist, idiotic, faux moral crusade, Farage would still be an eccentric idiot, not the central figure for the destruction of the EU..

Gwadien

Of course thats why the tv is full of liberal comedians and comedy shows, thats why the bbc recommends Horrible Histories ' Britain stole everything' episode on brexit night.
Thats why Hignfy only invites conservatives and right wingers on to set them up and ridicule them.
Every non liberal view is your thick mates down the pub, every English flag is the swastika and being white means you have to prove at every turn you arent a closet member of the Klan

Liberalism is the safe space for comedy and opinion in our mainstream media...they sit their making smug jokes and sitting atop their moral tower while the country votes for brexit and landlsides the Tories while destroying the liberals.

Safe in the knowledge their chosen subject isolates them from controversy....its practically a front for a corporate HR industry.
Meanwhile the entire fighback for half the fucking country is being played out behind closed doors and on media platforms that allow it.

If you dont like Brexit...remember, its YOUR fault, without your elitist, idiotic, faux moral crusade, Farage would still be an eccentric idiot, not the central figure for the destruction of the EU..

Again though Job, opinions.

My opinion is that you've been brainwashed into thinking the above is true, it just isn't.

Its just too easy isn't it though. The people that have brainwashed you are telling you the Liberal elite are going to accuse you that you've been brainwashed.

Easy.

Populism and lies 101

Job

The tv is awash..if not entirely flooded with anti brexit news, opinion, bias and comedy?

Can you deny this?

Because Id like you to post the pro brexit versions for me.

Its very easy for you to call it brainwashing..I'd call it.

If it looks like a duck.....

Jonathon Pie come the closest to the ideal, he rips and praises both sides in one segment in an entertaining way.

View: https://youtu.be/bBq2kNse9l8

Gwadien

The tv is awash..if not entirely flooded with anti brexit news, opinion, bias and comedy?

Can you deny this?

Because Id like you to post the pro brexit versions for me.

Its very easy for you to call it brainwashing..I'd call it.

If it looks like a duck.....

Jonathon Pie come the closest to the ideal, he rips and praises both sides in one segment in an entertaining way.

View: https://youtu.be/bBq2kNse9l8

You fucking laid into Pie the other week for being a mouth piece of the Liberal elite or some shit.

Gwadien

Also, I'm more likely to believe the independent groups that say that the BBC is very in the middle of the road.

The problem is that you want it to be pro Brexit and anti Remain.

How's that impartial?

Also from the guy that said corruption is cool, so long as its your guy doing it.

Job

The bbc did respond to the criticism, it just moved it to more subtle and equally effective bias.

Its not even really bias, its the safe bet journalism...to the Guardanista even having Farage on a show was bias.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The BBC is a right-wing news source @Job. It's just Blighty as a country is *so* right wing that it makes Auntie look Marxist in comparison.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Like Job - Philip Schofield loves the cock!

I feel for his wife especially but to live in a world where the pressure to conform is so strong must be horrible.

The 57-year-old also said he had cried on the shoulder of his co-presenter, Holly Willoughby. And he wrote about his “inner conflict” , contrasting it with “a world that has changed so much for the better”.

:)

Job

Funnily enough he used to chase after my girlfriends flatmate.

He'd ring up with silent calls and I 'd shout up.
'It's Phill' and he'd put the phone down.
They worked together in television, so he's certainly been straight in the past...not just marriage sham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom