Infil spec

Y

yurka_polearm

Think there was an infil spec thread going around before, but couldnt find it, but then i didn't look long for it :p

Its a combination of the DW hard hitting and still keeping key CS styles.

Stealth 35 - gets you 50 stealth with rr4 happily, though coud go 34 and miss out on SF

Critical Strike 34 - Get CD which will give you 6 second stun , so decent against casters, since they aint likely to start hitting you with their stick ( for evade DF)

DW 29 - This gives you a hardhitting style to take the place of garrote/achilles

Its also side of target attack, so i this should work well on casters if PA and CD work you can go arodn the side and get in some decent DW dmg. Also with 29 DW with bonuses and rr's you will have mid 40s DW spec, so extra dmg there. The other styes in DW aren't great for infils so i dont see much point in taking it higher.

Thrust 50 - you know why

Poisons 35 - you can get life bane at rr5, though you dont actually need the top DOT afaik.

this leaves you with 146 points to play around with. So bump up CS to 36 and DW to 31.

i've only played my infil (currently 37) so i dunno who that spec will do in normal rvr.

My spec was goign to be

stealth 35
CS 44
Poison 35
thrust 50
rest in DW i think about 18 or so

Any thoughts on that?

E

Ekydus

Lower Stealth and Envenom to 34 and you've got a good spec.

Y

yurka_polearm

with the 146 left over and taking stealth and poisons down to 34 you can get the 39 style in CS then

N

Namtih

Why not go classic Merfiltrator spec.. owns now and with 1.62 well ya sorted....

21Crit Strike
50 Thrust
50 Dual Weild
35 Stealth
24 Envenom

X

xenny

Originally posted by Namtih
Why not go classic Merfiltrator spec.. owns now and with 1.62 well ya sorted....

21Crit Strike
50 Thrust
50 Dual Weild
35 Stealth
24 Envenom

dw only getting better for mercs in 1.62 so why wud this be any good for an inf?

i have done a lot of research and testing on inf specs,

tbh u nvr really use dw moves unless u are specced 50dw (gimped from what i have heard from a few infs who tried it)

best spec for melee dmg is 50thrust 44cs 34-36stealth/env rest dw as pts in cs make ur style dmg higher (garotte/achilles and all the evade moves)

current spec on my inf is
50cs 50thrust 34env/stealth 6dw (autotrained stealth to lvl40)
gives nice pa but shouldnt give quite as high any time dmg as the above spec,

the 34,34,50,34,34 spec is ok (tried this 1 myself) but the pa tends to do much lower dmg and you will only get 14%more left chance than my gimpy dw6 spec ;)

a good site for understanding how style dmg works is..

http://home.nc.rr.com/obsidianguard/wyrd/Styles.htm

B

Bellona

ill say go for 35 stealth and 35 envenom, then its only to hit 500k rp to have 50 in both, else its 1 mill rp.... decide urself

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
Stealth 35 - gets you 50 stealth with rr4 happily, though coud go 34 and miss out on SF

Unless they changed the spec, RR5 gets ya 50 stealth, but tbh from what Ive seen and read 48/49 will do the trick quite nicely.

However I've also heard the same from Envenom too, people say the extra kick for Lifebane aint that great.

F

Felan-Gimp

Originally posted by xenny

tbh u nvr really use dw moves unless u are specced 50dw (gimped from what i have heard from a few infs who tried it)

Sst is 50 dw and i wouldnt call him gimped!
My spec is

34 stealth/envenom
50 thrust
44 crit
22 dw

i like my spec but get way outdamaged by Sst's 50 dw spec

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
DW 29 - This gives you a hardhitting style to take the place of garrote/achilles

Its also side of target attack, so i this should work well on casters if PA and CD work you can go arodn the side and get in some decent DW dmg. Also with 29 DW with bonuses and rr's you will have mid 40s DW spec, so extra dmg there. The other styes in DW aren't great for infils so i dont see much point in taking it higher.

You what? :p
How does a side style with no to-hit bonus take the place of garotte->achilles? I'm really not seeing how that works ;>
You've got basiliskfang, anyway.

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by xenny

You want the last debuff (47 envenom)
You want 47+ stealth.

50dw
50thrust
21cs
31envenom
31 stealth

imo

X

xenny

jus a question. dont pa suck with only 21cs?

dont that give u a cap of about 400? :s

D

[DK]hakke

1hit for 400dmg is suppose to be bad?

im satisfied with 47+ stealth and evenom, so why dont take 21cs? :)

B

Bellona

Originally posted by jutzu
50 dw 50 trust 34 envenom 34 sthealth rest in cs

this is possible with some autotraining in stealth, but will leave u with cs <5

S

samildanachh

my spec is 34envenom/stealth 44cs-22dw-50thrust. works very well imo.

R

rure_

Remember that PA+enervating poison makes PA to more or less a joke sometimes, (depends on your hit ofc).

Example, Target has 1700hp. You PA him/her for 400 - he/she got 1300hp - then enervating poison kicks in and removes the top 300 of his hp. Dont be fooled and think that target is down to 1700hp, instead target got 1300hp left and 1400 as max hp.

So a mercfil has their own "PA" on 300hp (as long as enervating doesnt get resisted ofc). And 21 in CS isnt that viable, imho. I may be wrong though.

D

[DK]hakke

The str debuff is what i want, i dont really care about the con debuff :)

With rr7, i have 47+ stealth/env and 50thrust, 50dw and 245 pts left to spend, might aswell get 21cs rather then....slash?
Not saying 21cs PA is good, but it will do more dmg then DS :p

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by Pin
Perforate Artery Cap = 75 + Critical Strike Spec * 9 + Nonstyle Cap

Nonstyle cap with Guarded Rapier is 183

If that is correct (pretty sure it is) that would give me a PA cap with 21cs and rr7 of 591dmg (DS cap on rr6 is 330)

Z

zlair

i think mercfils gonna get nerfed now that sz r getting nerfed. (prolly something like the evade cap at 50% - DW swing at 50% cap too prolly :p )

go the infil way.

spec 50 crit/trust and balance stalth/envenum. at higher rr respec and get some in DW too.

maybe thats just me ;)

D

[DK]hakke

tried that... :)

Isnt evade capped at 50% already?
DW can only be better...

F

Freppe^^

i wanna be like greydark!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111 pls pls :\

B

belth

Originally posted by zlair
i think mercfils gonna get nerfed now that sz r getting nerfed. (prolly something like the evade cap at 50% - DW swing at 50% cap too prolly :p )

Haha, good joke. DS doesn't cap anywhere near Doublefrost does currently. Nor do any of the positionals.

Good luck with 50 CS, it's not even close to what it'd lead you to believe.

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by belth
Good luck with 50 CS, it's not even close to what it'd lead you to believe.

Ripper was to ubah so i respecced :clap:

P

Pin

Originally posted by [DK]hakke
If that is correct (pretty sure it is) that would give me a PA cap with 21cs and rr7 of 591dmg (DS cap on rr6 is 330)

Actually 600 at RR7. 591 at RR6... (assuming you have +11 CS from items).

But it's basically irrelevant. The cap is just the damage number that you are not allowed to exceed. With low CS you'll not get anywhere near that limit on normal targets.

And as for your DS cap, that will change depending on your buffs, etc.

B

belth

Ripper was to ubah so i respecced :clap:

Yeah me too, pulled off the damn Hamstring chain almost twice on a unbuffed tank while being fully buffed myself, OH THE POWER!!! Ok yes he died on the 2nd chain, but still...

W

Wonk

You want the last debuff (47 envenom)
You want 47+ stealth.

50dw
50thrust
21cs
31envenom
31 stealth

imo

uber speccs :clap: :clap: :clap:

D

DeaD GuRu

full autotrain till 48

40 stealth
50 trust
44 critical
37 envenom
3 dual

why no dual? to many butons to press, to little time. This one is wielding a shield wich may give her a additionel block on shield, wich is one attack less on her. Ok she has no shield spec attacks but just an increase chance of avoiding getting hit in combat. High dex will help this also i think. So block, evade, parry, all chances that can happen and are used by her.

Why high skills? less imbuing on a suit, wich give me the possibility of getting a new suit after every Realm rank bonus. Less imbuing on Skills is more inbuing on resists and stats. and overcharging 99 qua leather set isn't that expensive also. 32/28 overcharging is fun and seems to work fine even with lower level imbuers. so the +11 needed on four skills for starters would be +10 on imbue, next rank +9, +8,+7 this would give me additionel resist imbues and one +11 less to feed (dual)

most will say this may be a stupid template, but hey, i'm just testing stuff :)

E

Ekydus

DW as more to it then pretty little buttons to press.

Users who are viewing this thread