Hurricane Irma

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Or the power's been taken out, or the cams have been destroyed.

You seem to have some weird obsession with belittling the severity, impact and devestation this huge storm has wrecked upon millions of people in loads of countries. You're so weird.
I didn't say that obviously, you can hardly deny that carnage...its just they always lose strength as they approach the land...but the strange thing is its actually worse if they just skim because they can keep full power and batter the coastlines.
The winds so far at Keywest are only 70mph.
Only..

Job

Hurricanes weaken over land, you're not exactly breaking new scientific ground here.
I didnt say I was...just saying what happens...Ive listened to media scare mongering over Hurricanes for decades..they always flatten little Islands but do much less damage to the mainland.
Youll get the usual zooming in on trees in the wind, bits of roof flapping, a chair blowing down the road.
Of course flooding is the worst part, 3ft of surge and Florida is 2ft under.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Photo of Irma from space

irma-space.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I didnt say I was...just saying what happens...Ive listened to media scare mongering over Hurricanes for decades..they always flatten little Islands but do much less damage to the mainland.
Youll get the usual zooming in on trees in the wind, bits of roof flapping, a chair blowing down the road.
Of course flooding is the worst part, 3ft of surge and Florida is 2ft under.
I don't know if you noticed but Florida is kind of thin. It's possible for the storm to be half over land half over sea, and not weaken at all.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It'll be interesting to see the response from the Government - especially since this is probably gonna be as big as Katrina.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It'll be interesting to see the response from the Government - especially since this is probably gonna be as big as Katrina.

People have been demanding Trump open up his resort to be used as a shelter - it'll be interesting to see if he does or not tbh :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't know if you noticed but Florida is kind of thin. It's possible for the storm to be half over land half over sea, and not weaken at all.

I can't remember the name but there was that Hurricane that hit central america and due to its sheer size it straddled the country while still over two oceans, which resulted in massive flooding.

Job

Washington post. 30 mins ago.

Forecasters have been monitoring a crucial shift in Hurricane Irma's path that could keep the storm's ferocious eye off the southwest Florida coast and over warm Gulf waters.

If the storm swings to the west, Tampa and Miami could be spared the catastrophic head-on blow that meteorologists have been warning about for days.

Job

Jose has fizzled out to a storm, which is a relief for those Islands.

Job

Er we seem to have a baby hurricane off nw scotland

Job

Ok two cranes and one roof of a small building in Miami.
Its down to Cat2 as it hits Tampa...get out and fly a kite.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We get regular 60-100mph winds here in the autumn. We just get on with it in good humour.

Hurricane Bawbag - Wikipedia

Do you give every bit of wind a name? Its all the rage with the vapour chambers down here, anything that knocks some garden furniture over must have a name or they can't think properly.

Job

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Before and after pic of the British Virgin Islands from Nasa:

_97763264_79f0ba9f-63b3-41de-8af2-d94cebe0a655.jpg

...gone from green to brown.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I fail to see why you're arguing this. Who cares if how and why hurricanes lose strength over land? That doesn't help coastal cities one fucking bit... Or did you forget Katrina and New Orleans?

Job

Before and after pic of the British Virgin Islands from Nasa:

_97763264_79f0ba9f-63b3-41de-8af2-d94cebe0a655.jpg

...gone from green to brown.
And I notice they are forgotten in the news all ready, hopefully its because they are just to dangerous to visit atm.
The reporting has dropped off a cliff, from national disaster caused by Trump pulling out of Paris climate deal, to turn the lights on please, in one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom