Hurricane Irma

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Gaining strength rapidly, it's so powerful now it now shows up as an Earthquake. Category 5 now.

Erk.

Exact quote "Hurricane Irma is so strong it's starting to show up on seismometers in the Caribbean -- equipment designed to measure earthquakes."

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It'll blow out to a 3 and miss Florida...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hot seas add power to hurricanes. Most of the biggies have been in the last 40 years. Sea temp in that area 1 degree hotter than normal because of definitely not man-made-in-any-way "natural" factors...

Job

Yes its been ..ooh...at least seven years since there were 3 hurricanes in the area at once.

Oh and Hurricane Allen back in 1980 was more powerful...so nothing unusual here.

Job

Actually hurricane Camille back in 69 was much higher on the good old intensity scale...in fact twice as bad.

If youre reading this from Barbuda this may not relevant.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I thought they were getting worse because of gay marriage.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I thought they were getting worse because of gay marriage.

You got it wrong. The Pope said gay marriage is ok. This is due to transgender, non-binary, antifa, CIS white males, the patriarchy and the Clintons.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
21371029_874844779342800_5469251088856585924_n.jpg

Job

Is there a policy, the more likely a hurricane will hit you the more likely you will build your house out of matchsticks.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Is there a policy, the more likely a hurricane will hit you the more likely you will build your house out of matchsticks.
Males sense its cheaper to rebuild. Most brick buildings would suffer damage in 195 mph winds and be more expensive to rebuild.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The Daily Fucking Fail. Bumping the news of the hurricanes for Princess Diana and George Windsor's first day at school, even then this is how they chose to convey the news to its fucking retarded readers so they'll understand:

IMG_5638.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home

The only buildings still standing are made of concrete. The roof is gone, as are all the windows. When a category 5 hits, it doesn't matter, unless you live in a bunker underground. Might as well build cheaply and then rebuild cheaply.

Irma is going to hit Miami head on. It will be as bad as Harvey. Florida is going to be fucked for a number of months. If the hurricane behind Irma, Jose, also hits Florida or Texas, then they are doubly fucked. It's a good thing the people of the north east are not bitter that Texas and Florida politicians voted to block hurricane relief after Sandy smashed our coastline. Any future relief has to include provisions for the next disaster. 100 year storms, 500 year floods are happening every few years. We need to stop rebuilding on the coastlines, and we need better flood protection, for the entire eastern seaboard. It's too bad we have a muppet in the White House.

Job

You just need to look back a hundred years to see nothing new here..beach front houses and coastal cities everywhere get devastated/destroyed all the time, we just forget about it and rebuild, this hurricane will shortly become history and all happy days till the next one.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Daily Fucking Fail. Bumping the news of the hurricanes for Princess Diana and George Windsor's first day at school, even then this is how they chose to convey the news to its fucking retarded readers so they'll understand:

View attachment 37543

I can sleep easy tonight knowing Mick Jagger is safe and well and his roof tiles haven't slipped.

Embattle

FH is my second home
In essence the more energy available you'll end up with more storms and they will often be more powerful since it requires more to dissipate it all.

Job

Think of all the power those wind turbines will have produced...oh hang on...they have to turn them off

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, it would make perfect sense to have a turbine that can withstand 200+ mph winds, just for the couple of days every 5 years that they occur.

Brilliant, you should write to them and explain your idea.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What the fuck is up with you @Job?

It's as if you've turned into a parody of yourself in the last twelve months.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You just need to look back a hundred years to see nothing new here..beach front houses and coastal cities everywhere get devastated/destroyed all the time, we just forget about it and rebuild, this hurricane will shortly become history and all happy days till the next one.

Except, there is something new here: Irma is the earliest storm on record to become a major hurricane east of 35 degrees, fuelled by warmer seas. It's also rather early for a hurricane so intense.

Job

Yes, it would make perfect sense to have a turbine that can withstand 200+ mph winds, just for the couple of days every 5 years that they occur.

Brilliant, you should write to them and explain your idea.
Well if global warming is going to increase the amount of storms then we need to start building something than can harness the energy...it cant be that difficult...there is 1000 of hydrogen bombs worth of energy there..
What we need is a battery the size of a cruise liner.

Job

You read it here first.

Job

Thats what reading it here first is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom