Hurricane Irma

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well if global warming is going to increase the amount of storms then we need to start building something than can harness the energy...it cant be that difficult...there is 1000 of hydrogen bombs worth of energy there..
What we need is a battery the size of a cruise liner.

According to the prof who was just on Sky News, GW does not increase amount of storms just the intensity. The warmer seas adding power to the cyclonic forces. He also stated that we will not know if GW was a factor in this storm for about a year as it takes that long to analyse and interpret the data.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
According to the prof who was just on Sky News, GW does not increase amount of storms just the intensity. The warmer seas adding power to the cyclonic forces. He also stated that we will not know if GW was a factor in this storm for about a year as it takes that long to analyse and interpret the data.
Yeah well I was using ironic poetic licence...cos doomsters always say it does..even though...as yet..there is no proof.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Proof of what? Climate change? ofc the climate changes, always has, always will. It would be pretty frightening if it didn't change.

What proof do you need exactly?

Job

Proof that it causes more storms ...the more heat bigger storm is basic physics really unless some unknown factor is interfering.

Job

reread my posts slowly

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
With your English skills, we have no choice but to read them slowly.

Job

I write them slowly so you can keep up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How would the speed at which you type affect how quickly someone reads it?

Job

Now you've broken the joke 4th wall.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you had guessed correctly then yes. Unfortunately you haven't.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
21371044_10155038402151158_6295003849743004218_n.jpg

Job

Funnily enough was in Daytona in 1990..the staff said a hurricane was brushing the coast and everyone should stay inside...so we got shitfaced and sat in the outside Jacuzzis watching the wind and rain..it was hilarious how unconcerned we where by large bits of the hotel furniture going flying past.
The next morning every deck chair was in the pool.
Got a photo somewhere...not of the deckchairs...of the girls getting their tits out in the daily wet t shirt competition...Daytona spring break ftw.

Job

Who the fucks flying that plane just below the centre of the storm.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Who the fucks flying that plane just below the centre of the storm.

I've flown in a 747 at the edge of a hurricane before, from Columbus to Chicago years ago. I have rarely seen so much puke in one place. None of it mine. *edit* Just looked it up, it was called Hurricane Opal and was a Category 3, so nothing like is bad as Irma (I remember when it was because it was the week of the OJ Simpson trial verdict).

Last edited:

Job

Live feeds gone down..tbh I think they turn the power off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or the power's been taken out, or the cams have been destroyed.

You seem to have some weird obsession with belittling the severity, impact and devestation this huge storm has wrecked upon millions of people in loads of countries. You're so weird.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Government has asked 5.6 million people to evacuate. That's the population of Denmark

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What's amazing about the US is that the affected communities will rebuild their houses on the same plots, to the same design, waiting to be blown down again a few decades from now. A country as wealthy as the US should have no problem helping those communities rebuild their homes with concrete, rather than timber. They could have timber cladding too, to retain the look.

The same thing happened in New Orleans.

Job

Itll be a three again shortly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom