How to get ppl to stay in WaR?

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
My personally thoughts is that WaR is not good,not bad but something between...worse than WoW pve wise and worse than daoc was pvp wise.

But how the hell do you get ppl to stay with the game several old ppl i played with and so on tried it now and only 1 of them thought the game was like OK. The others more or less wtf is this junk? you actually going to play this shit and so on..

This is quite negative cuz im starting to think my self now wth is this game!?!?! you in a bg and ZEEEEEEErg....more or less lost the intresting of playing at all now....just make a new toon try it some then log.I could name so many problems i came across past days.

Your friends goes OMG what a cool game?

Nate

FH is my second home
I think really you have to give this game some time to mature, it was released in my eyes a little early. Some very obvious minor and less obvious major flaws in the game add up to frustate the Gameplay experience. If your not too sure about the game right now I'd suggest subscribing on a monthly basis to see if it gets better or not, don't commit yourself to a 3month subscription when you may find that changes in the coming patch won't do enough for you to enjoy the game.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
The amount of times ive loged in to gw's and wow just to stand doing nothing for several hours and catch up on whats been happening with friends, lost count. This is new and is currently giving me the buzz i need.
Thats all i can say really, cba with the if's and but's.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
The amount of times ive loged in to gw's and wow just to stand doing nothing for several hours and catch up on whats been happening with friends, lost count. This is new and is currently giving me the buzz i need.

^ wot he sed.

I can play this for an hour and then do something else, or carry on playing. There's nothing you can do in WoW in under 2 hours, and WAR is not a grind so I can play as little or as often as I want.

WAR numbers will shrink slightly by the end of October, but will rise again afterwards. Lich King cannot touch WAR for PvP, so the only people who will leave are the PvE/Grind crowd.
Some people have invested a lot of time into WoW and are too scared to leave it, so that is WoW's main strength rather than it actually being any good.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'm still really enjoying WAR, even though I've found many bugs and still have several ongoing issues that don't appear to be getting any attention.

I still prefer it to WoW and DAoC, the only place that I'm worried is crafting, it doesn't seem that well thought out.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Totally agree.

Decided on release i was only gonna play casually and thats working for me. Having fun, only playing when i want too and often only for a few hours a week. I don't think this game will hold any long-term appeal for powergamers, but it suits me right now :)

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
the game is good the thing that is making me loose interest is the game is very anti socail. next to no1 talks getting into a guild is more or less impossible without knowing some1 in the guild. so to me this is a decent game but I still say the comunity in the game is far to quiet and solo play to warrent me to pay for it.

so for now this has killed the game for me but will probly try it agian in a few months to see if there are any improovements to the comunity.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
the game is good the thing that is making me loose interest is the game is very anti socail. next to no1 talks getting into a guild is more or less impossible without knowing some1 in the guild. so to me this is a decent game but I still say the comunity in the game is far to quiet and solo play to warrent me to pay for it.

so for now this has killed the game for me but will probly try it agian in a few months to see if there are any improovements to the comunity.

This is in every new mmo, its simply an evolution of MMO's, most guilds form based on already existing members from the previous MMO's they played.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
havent had any problems getting guilds so far..

but I feel this game isnt as addictive as the other mmo's ive played, daoc being the most addictive, tried to quit loads of times but always returned, have only logged on once since WaR was released, atleast war gives me the pvp/rvr I need, but Im not forced to sit trough mindless ml raids or xp artis for a week before I can compete.

all other new mmo's ive tried to break my addiction to daoc with have failed due to the pvp/rvr system being crap.

hoping mythic will fix some balance issues and keep ppl happy so we can enjoy this game for a long time:D

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Well im not going to resub untill they do something to melee dps and do something to that retarded magnet pulling.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
a week ago i was sure i would renew. then i got in to t4. what an absolute disaster.

magus aoe pull and aoe everything is not fun to be a part of.
city sieges and their seeming patheticness.
a bright wizard just hit me for 1243 with the first tick of an instant spell, near shit a brick. (killed me thankfully as I dont think i could have stood to see the rest).
general damage overall is ott.
general rediculous abilities (get over here, rift / magnet, withering heat among many)

i'll maybe give it a couple of months and renew if things improve, but not paying any more money for this as its just not particularly enjoyable any more.

honestly, i'm not normally a whiney bitch.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I enjoy it, thats why I will keep playing.

DAoC has had it's day, it's boring in it's current form, and thats on US, I can only imagine Dyvet is a barrel of laughs.

WoW is incredibly boring.

Whether people like it or not, there is no better alternative on the market (or even on the horizon). Thats what will keep people playing, and subscriptions increasing. (after the obvious dip of WOTLK)

/shrug

aika

Can't get enough of FH
they could start by fixing the ctd issues before it becomes a second aoc =\

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I enjoy it, thats why I will keep playing.

DAoC has had it's day, it's boring in it's current form, and thats on US, I can only imagine Dyvet is a barrel of laughs.

WoW is incredibly boring.

Whether people like it or not, there is no better alternative on the market (or even on the horizon). Thats what will keep people playing, and subscriptions increasing. (after the obvious dip of WOTLK)

/shrug

Agreed, I've signed up for 6months. I'll give them that long then make up my mind. Casual player so not as "intense" as a lot of FH folks over most issues.

Keep takes are ace fun, much more so than in DAOC.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would say this nearly all mmos when they hit the market take on average about 3 to 6 months before they become stable and bug free.

My main issue with war is that the zones seem incredibly empty, and that scenarios just offer WAY to much in terms of exp and rps for grinding.

There is no reason to do open rvr at all. Mythic need to re address scenario vs open rvr vs pve grind.

Currently its so stacked towards Scenarios that the main part of the game IE rvr is complelty lost.

I also feel that the balance works well but the classes need some slight tweaking either up for some and down for most.

I remember mythic saying they wanted to get away from insta kill abilitys however a lot of dps classes can insta kill you.

and i feel that the one issue they need to address which is people soloing in scenarios is one that winds me up. People disband from the group and go off and solo. But when they are solo your then berated for not healing or not listening to them. Give rewards for group play not negatives.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
and i feel that the one issue they need to address which is people soloing in scenarios is one that winds me up. People disband from the group and go off and solo. But when they are solo your then berated for not healing or not listening to them. Give rewards for group play not negatives.

Agreed although the game has made me solo a few times, which has been annoying as I'm usually a healer!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i will most likely hold of subbing till the first major patch or blackguard comes out.

What i do not like about the game is that there is no real distinctive uniquie abilities for a calss, its just a mirror of order/destruction. I know it helps with class balancing :-(

:m00:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Subbed for 1 month to check what's gonna be fixed in this timeframe, then i'll decide what to do.
Till now tho, despite the bugs and some major imbalance concerns, am having fun,

Himse

FH is my second home
i will most likely hold of subbing till the first major patch or blackguard comes out.

Agree, im not gonna resub i dont think, i know Mythic are probably working hard to fix the bugs, but even still, the game is boring.

There is no competitive fights at all, every single scenario is just based on zerging and nobody does open world rvr.

Ill give it some time thankz.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Half of the people playing still are no where near 40 with there main.

I think the game is starting to pick up, Order seem to be getting a lot more organised and active in orvr so things are looking up.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Liking the game, can play a lot more casual, pop in and do a couple of scenario's or quests and log out again. But along with that, I guess the game isn't as engrossing as DAoC was - I havn't really developed any empathy with my DoK yet, unlike I did with my shade in DAoC; it all felt a bit more, uh, permanent I guess. But I reckon the game will progress in time, it's the next logical step on from DAoC which is now dead, and WoW is a pile of wank anyway.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
I will stay in WAR without any doubt. I got a taste of how fun open world PvP was in closed Beta and i am 200% sure that the open RvR will dominate the game in the near future when more ppl are done exping etc.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Liking the game, can play a lot more casual, pop in and do a couple of scenario's or quests and log out again. But along with that, I guess the game isn't as engrossing as DAoC was - I havn't really developed any empathy with my DoK yet, unlike I did with my shade in DAoC; it all felt a bit more, uh, permanent I guess. But I reckon the game will progress in time, it's the next logical step on from DAoC which is now dead, and WoW is a pile of wank anyway.

The casual pop in is a huge draw for me as well. I'm no longer interested in having to pour hours in to the game just to progress.

As for many other reasons, I suspect DAoC is clouded in nostalgia for many of us, which is why few other MMOs ever will measure up anyway.
I played it some time on US Classic recently - and while it still was fun - it was not the same game as it was back in the early years.

War for me is fun for now and that's about all I can ask anyway.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
For each active Warhammer account they should allow to have 2-3 DAoC accounts.

Then we could log over to DAoC when Warhammer is CTD-astic.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
For each active Warhammer account they should allow to have 2-3 DAoC accounts.

Then we could log over to DAoC when Warhammer is CTD-astic.

I had the exact same thought, but then it stroke me, we would all end up playing DAoC again, becouse it would bring back ppl to the servers..

And this would be the best thing that had ever happened to Mythic lol...
Full DAoC servers, and no more struggling to get the code working in WAR..

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom