How to fix ORvR in WAR

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
OK this is your guide on how to enjoy RvR in Warhammer online.

Step 1 - start messing about
Form a small group from like minded players and open it up to an open warband. Then go to your nearest opposition controlled keep and get the guards to chase you. Basically what happens is that the flag goes up and the enemy start to get nosey. So do your own PvEr's and the hard core RvRers.

Step 2 - be clear what you are doing
Remember its an open warband so be polite and inform people of what you are doing (say open RvR and say you are not really after the keep. Just some they don't whine. They can go find the PvE warband elsewhere after all. So its very important to tell people when they join you that you are not taking the keep and you are messing. Let them know they are welcome to join you anytime but that this is a strictly PvP warband and you will not be PvEing the keeps.

Step 3 - keep farming
Keep the aggression up on the keep make sure you suck people in. Eeventually, because WAR has a very active PvE bunch in both realms (and oh do we love them) you can depend on them to turn up and change things for you. This means your own realm will eventually, like clockwork, come and PvE the keep.

They will bring siege and all the gear and they will pay for it. They will kill the keep for you. Do not cry do not weep. Be joyous make sure and help them. Hide amongst them and say nothing. why? Read on.

All about bonuses
We are not sure yet (please others check this out), it remains to be confirmed, but one thing we think happens here is that if you stay in range and hit the keep frequently enough you get a massive bonus to your roll for taking the keep. So the PvE Bunch basically do your job for you and you get to have a chance at that loot they are desperately trying to farm. :sex:

Mix it up
At times it might seem that your PvErs are too good and all objectives are gone. Do not worry. Go defend a battlefield objective. Tonight our little warband kicked the ass of a larger destruction zerg at Maiden's Landing it was a cool fight and we won. We then went to defned the nearby keep and got our asses handed to us on a plate. What did we do?

Well at this stage people left the warband - we went to defend a keep knowing the big destro zerg would come. We started our defence (so much depends on making sure the oil survives). Spamming regional channels about what was happening. Eventually our PvE zerg will show because it is easier to defend rather than attack isn't it?

Keep mixing it up
Take your small warband (likely with no healers). The Destro PvErs (and the order pvers) cannot do anything else they have to go for their precious equipment and if you are clever you can be one step ahead of them. So keep moving.

Once Destruction takes a few places go get the guards to spam again especially at a keep they have just taken. There will always be people incoming and if you are good you will get some nice fights - you will also be ganked rude spammed and so on but you will get glorious RvR as it is meant to be. Do all of the above in opted groups and bingo..........

Please come here tell us about it how it worked for you. Give ORvR leaders your hints and tips. But above all else tell people if it works for you and lets mix the game up a bit.

I had my best nights oRvR tonight in WAR and my merry warband did it simply by thinking out of the box.

Try it on a server near you.

Its not the game that is broken its the way you play it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
When I lead or anm in a Wb I inform people of my intentions. If I am in a WB and people are being led on a pve run I make it known that I would rather fight the enemy and ask anyone in WB that has the same ideals as me to join up.

With my newly founded WB I go to where the enemy is and start having skirmishes. This is far better than zerg warfare, however in the defence of large groups fighting Caledor is the bomb :p I know I know I keep going on about Caledor but its just so perfect. Order seem happy, Destruction are happy just change all the zones to Caledor!!!!

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Usually make a closed WB with the guild. Always people tagging along.
We have good "zerg leaders" currently on Destro K8P that focus on capturing zones and fighting order not PvE keeps so RvR has stepped up from 5/10 to 9/10.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Suprised there isnt a thread about the server crashes due to the amount of players in Caledor the other night, nah same walls of text.

eksdee

FH is my second home
i think point 1 is all you really need to do. get 5 other people you rely on and get out there. with a 6man you CAN kill smaller warbands (say 2 full groups, maybe a little more) if you play well, communicate and don't just rush in heedless to the fight.

i'm going to post some footage from yesterdays rvr with my guild once someone gets online to tell me how to compress the 17.5gb of raw footage i have at the moment :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom