How to beat Public enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
instent is infinitely faster to cast, while a spell will be 100% slower than the instent cast.

zzzz, get a clue about the meaning of infinitely before you use it please

Polkadot

Fledgling Freddie
Pre-TOA having two forms of Instant Amnesia was a real benefit for a bard and I would say they probably had the best mezzing abilities in the game as they could practically 'lock-down' an enemy caster due to the fast refresh timers of the amnesia.

Post-TOA the instant Amnesia is far less useful as we have seen cast times drop. It's still handy but in order to actually prevent a casted mezz it has to be landed on the sorc in the first 0.75secs of his casting animation - too soon and you're all mezzed, too late and you're all mezzed. This means that a bard is now reliant on using the Instant against a competent group of enemies to guarantee his side some form of CC.

Personally, I don't think either is better overall - each has advantages and disadvantages - although if I personally had a choice I would go for the bolt range version but that could just be a case of 'the grass is always greener'.

Eroa

Banned
How much slower is 100% from 0 sec?

Please Balbor, go tell your parents or teachers at kindergarten to teach you a just a little math.

Eroa

Banned
Kalthorine said:
I reckon about 100% slower, which would make it... <checks on fingers quickly>... about 0 seconds. ;)

yes, my point exactly. Its Balbor not getting it tho

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
TiwiS said:
zzzz, get a clue about the meaning of infinitely before you use it please

infinitely was Maleg wording

Eroa said:
How much slower is 100% from 0 sec?

Please Balbor, go tell your parents or teachers at kindergarten to teach you a just a little math.

um, i think you need to do a little more study on % and time, i'll explain it again as you don't seem to undestand. You need 2 times to compare so Instent (0sec) vs 1sec is 100% slower becasue the time taken to cast is the same as the difference in cast time.

Work the same with a Instent vs a 4sec spell, 4 sec cast time and 4 sec difference.

a 2 sec spell vs a 3sec spell, difference is 1, 1/3 = 0.33* or 33.3*% longer to cast based on its own cast time vs the 2sec spell, but a 2sec spell is 50% faster to cast than a 3sec spell, based on its own cast time. A 3 sec spell will only be 66.6*% through its cast time when the 2 sec hands os has another 33.3*% or 1sec letf to go. When you run this back to a instent vs a timed cast, the timed cast will only be 0% through and there for have 100% left to do.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Hahahaha ffs this is so first class fun reading, go for it Balbor, you really show everyone how you're right ><

You said the sorc mezz is cast 100% slower than a 0 second spell (instant mezz) but 100% of 0 is 0 so the sorc mezz is actually instant cast? so OP :(

Oh, and you got QC Saitoh, so cwy less about instant interrupting when it's mezz feed-backed, it won't interrupt if you're 50% thru the spell by then anyway.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Zebolt said:
Depends on the speed the healer are going with :>

there is only a small percentage 10% of the fights that sorc can make full use of his range advantage, due to speeds and terain overlay. It is completely wrong to belive anything else. The more the mezz spell ranges raise above 1500 the more sorc lose his advantage. Even if sorc could mezz at 3000 still it would be good only in few ocations where there is enough open space to use that advantage.-

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor, pull out your nice big Sesame Street calculator and do 4 / 0 * 100 for your percentage.

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:
Balbor, pull out your nice big Sesame Street calculator and do 4 / 0 * 100 for your percentage.

They do sesame street calculators? .. /givf How many plats? not over 1o plats i hope D:

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Minimez said:
They do sesame street calculators? .. /givf How many plats? not over 1o plats i hope D:
Todays thread was bought to you by the number 12 and the letters Q and q

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
rofl at Balbor, pure comedy :clap:

vs PE, just play good and you have a good chanse to win. (in my experience anyway, key is deffo Pbuck)

edit: oh, as hib, STT is nifty.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Hahahaha ffs this is so first class fun reading, go for it Balbor, you really show everyone how you're right ><

You said the sorc mezz is cast 100% slower than a 0 second spell (instant mezz) but 100% of 0 is 0 so the sorc mezz is actually instant cast? so OP :(

Oh, and you got QC Saitoh, so cwy less about instant interrupting when it's mezz feed-backed, it won't interrupt if you're 50% thru the spell by then anyway.

Quickcast is bugged and locked at 2 sec cast speed which sucks.

Quickcast my ass

perhaps on a halfogre caster with 40 dex xD

note: STFU CARPP xDD

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
We're too good for prydwen i guess, my penis will soon be the tallest living organism.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
You still giggle like a girl though, King Marracus! <smiles>

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if pe are in emain i go somewhere else :)

thats how you beat high realm rank guild squads you go where they arnt, when they turn up to kill you /release go somewhere else.

Eventually they will make proper classes that are a challenge instead of instawin perfect groups :D

givf more armsmen and body sorcs and earth wizzies. When you can rvr well with a shite class then ill take my hat off to you at the moment your just all running on easy mode :D

<awarkle pwns you all with my animist>

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
givf more armsmen and body sorcs and earth wizzies. When you can rvr well with a shite class then ill take my hat off to you at the moment
Body sorc is a 'shite class'? oO Blue+ aemez, single target red mez, yellow+ aeroot, single target red root, 209delve spec dd and if you duo with a wizzie, 50% cold/fire debuffs too (+speed, a green con pet and a self mez shield).

Loved my time speced body, just lacked the mez that actually sticked and didnt just get resisted 5 times out of 10 when a proper grp wanted me :(

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
Quickcast is bugged and locked at 2 sec cast speed which sucks.

Quickcast my ass

Yea, it's better to wait for the 3-4 sec interrupt timer to end.

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
Body sorc is a 'shite class'? oO Blue+ aemez, single target red mez, yellow+ aeroot, single target red root, 209delve spec dd and if you duo with a wizzie, 50% cold/fire debuffs too (+speed, a green con pet and a self mez shield).

Loved my time speced body, just lacked the mez that actually sticked and didnt just get resisted 5 times out of 10 when a proper grp wanted me :(

you forget the dex/qui instant aoe debuff

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:

100% of 3sec (that delv cast speed of sorcerers AOE mezz) is 3sec, you base the % off your own spell, not the instent. The 0% is the ammount of time as a % the sorcerer will be through there casting vs an instent spell.

How much slower is timed spell vs instent to cast?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
peeps know what i mean just dont roll out the

Mana chanters/mind sorcs/mana elds.

I mean when was the last time you actually saw an Earth wiz ? i mean a lvl 50 one

or a sorc who isnt specced mind.

Nopes instead everyone rolls out the same old classes stagnation is dull roll somthing different :D

Why dont we see more necros rvring ?

Eroa

Banned
Balbor said:
100% of 3sec (that delv cast speed of sorcerers AOE mezz) is 3sec, you base the % off your own spell, not the instent. The 0% is the ammount of time as a % the sorcerer will be through there casting vs an instent spell.

How much slower is timed spell vs instent to cast?

still cant say its 100% slower, since 100% from 0 is 0

You can say its 3 sec slower, but not 100% slower since that is wrong

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
still cant say its 100% slower, since 100% from 0 is 0

You can say its 3 sec slower, but not 100% slower since that is wrong

will only be 3 sec for someone with a dex under 60, no cast speed bonues and not using QC.

Its not 100% from 0, its from the total cast time and the ammount of time passed.

our equation would be between 2 instent cast spells of 2 spell with the exact same cast speed, same Dex and same Cast speed bonues as the different between them would be 0.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
peeps know what i mean just dont roll out the

Mana chanters/mind sorcs/mana elds.

I mean when was the last time you actually saw an Earth wiz ? i mean a lvl 50 one

or a sorc who isnt specced mind.

Nopes instead everyone rolls out the same old classes stagnation is dull roll somthing different :D

Why dont we see more necros rvring ?

Since toa, group setups have become much more varied in general with a far greater mix of casters and tanks with a variety of specs.

However certain specs just aren't viable, the earth line of the wizard is beyond use with aoe snare\root on the same immunity timer and a dot instead of a spec nuke and necroes seem to get mezzed for an eternity or killed in 2s by casters.

I'm all for trying different specs and setups but certain things just cant be used without having a negative effect on the group and when it comes down to it, its more fun to win fights than lose them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom