How to beat Public enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
maybe the bards you play with are stupid casue they would of used Amnisia long before the sorcerer got into spell range

and then their amnesia is down for when the sorcs casting, what 'good bard' would do that?
balbor strikes again.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
maybe killerbee was making fun of balbor when said 'ae smite the mez' ;)

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
hi m8s

got no idea on game but way i see way to kill fotm guilds is mark them 1 v1 even if means druids hitting healer and so on ...sounds stupid but v very good groups maybe only way...
casters and healers are normally given too much time when very good guild squad..

i am crap at group fights dont pretend otherwise.....but plzs say your theories uber groups..also set pets on too...
if i am talking shit say so lol..cos i9 probably am

all the best jamie

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
About the mezzing..

Insta mezzing isn't overpowered. It's the paper to win from the rock in certain situations. For example; You're in a group that has an insta-CC'er, you're running around in Emain by the zone walls between the trees and the bees at Mach5. You run into another group with Mach5. That group has no insta-CC, but a very fast caster with above average reactionspeed. Even though the caster is well buffed and has his stats capped, in order to cast you need to be standing still. I don't know if you noticed, but, if you let go of the run key you're not actually standing still for another 1.5 secs. In the most optimistic situation, the caster could get a mezz off in about 3 secs (1.5 brake time + 1.5 cast time) (my guess, I don't have evidence, not sure how the cast bonus is calculated). So, in this case, insta CC wins over castable CC. Your group uses paper to beat the rock(other group).

Your group has a casting CC'er and are camping a milegate. An enemy group runs in with Mach5. The caster lands a mezz in 1.5 sec, and another 1.5 sec later. Everyone is mezzed. Scissor beat the paper this time.

Of course there are variants and 'solutions' to win in these scenarios, they were just examples, mind.

Now, I only discribed the first 4 secs of a battle. There are several stages that can be won or lost. (Group purge, purge, clear mind, stun, amnesia, all the tools etc). The only thing that I don't really like in RvR, is that battles are usually over in 30-60 secs. Hibs/mids hit me for 2*700 damage and I'm dead and the rest of the group follows me shortly after. Or we get in a nice CC and we steamroll over an mid/hib FG and it's over 60 secs after. I hope that after a bit more tweaking, NF will give us battles that are more.. epic.. and last longer. That's why it's so hard to actually say, hey, the other group beat us because they were better.

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Even though the caster is well buffed and has his stats capped, in order to cast you need to be standing still. I don't know if you noticed, but, if you let go of the run key you're not actually standing still for another 1.5 secs. In the most optimistic situation, the caster could get a mezz off in about 3 secs (1.5 brake time + 1.5 cast time) (my guess, I don't have evidence, not sure how the cast bonus is calculated).

One word.

/face

Arthemis

Fledgling Freddie
How to beat PE:

Go to the warm lands of Hibernia, find alot of funny looking mushrooms and bring them to the portal keep. There you'll give all the savage trolls some of them and just lay back and watch.... :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Go odins and let them take scaithaig all night?

Mael, 50th ment.

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
box + time = 4

shitloads of elements missing like heightdifference , reactionspeed etc

but yes all mid pac healers are robots that perfectly drive straigth to the enemy grp , perfectly target the sorc in it and press their insta the second he is in range ...

and there is SoS and speedwarps ...

no reason to whine at all :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Daedalus said:
I don't know if you noticed, but, if you let go of the run key you're not actually standing still for another 1.5 secs. In the most optimistic situation, the caster could get a mezz off in about 3 secs (1.5 brake time + 1.5 cast time) (my guess, I don't have evidence, not sure how the cast bonus is calculated). So, in this case, insta CC wins over castable CC. Your group uses paper to beat the rock(other group).

01:52 -Frip- Aeatan Istar <Defenders of the Cross>: L50 Avalonian Sorcerer, RR4L2, RPs: 281,607 (8,409 last week)

RR4L2 and you don't use /face?!

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
01:52 -Frip- Aeatan Istar <Defenders of the Cross>: L50 Avalonian Sorcerer, RR4L2, RPs: 281,607 (8,409 last week)

RR4L2 and you don't use /face?!

but it takes you even more time to type /face doesn't it? :m00:

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
but it takes you even more time to type /face doesn't it? :m00:

Lol best joke i ever seen ....But for u /macro /qbind # # or even use opt to bind it for good to the keyboard.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
and then their amnesia is down for when the sorcs casting, what 'good bard' would do that?
balbor strikes again.

sorcerer starts casting?, that would be under 10sec of being mezzed?, i don't think, and last time i looked Bard can and do use Mezz interupt, why? becasue anyone that isn't on immunity timer and goes into the AOE gets mezzed.

Now, Is this the part where you try and convince the DAoC community that Hibs never win the CC.

I guess none of you have played DAOC if you think think that if you QQ at Sorcerer Mezz range vs Hib CC/counter CC abilities.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:
Hmm, Balbor, you should stick to commenting on items you know something about. If Hibs win CC they don't need CC, Hibs lose CC they have a get out of jail free card (sort of). But most of the time if you get jumped by a decent enemy group, they will win.

Decent Alb group, Sorc wins Mez, Hibs GP, Albs still win (although not as cleanly as they would have without Hibs using GP).

Don't confuse yourself with a decent Alb player.

so what do you class a desent player, someone that spec to a conformed temp so they get into opted groups? I don't solo very often but i have beaten SB, Thanes, RMs, BD, Hunter and Sklads all same RR or higher post smite nerf, why? becasue they make the biggest mistake you can make in a fight and under estimated me, probably thought i was a run of the mill rej cleric and exspeced me to run.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
quote me where i said how hard u where over AS.

And i mean your main group when i talk about fights, with randoms in i dont care as mutch at all. Since it do matter alot, Thina went away cause of school cause school started with alot of things etc.

But if u wanna start talk BS go ahead.
Never said u where easy, but i have my opinion on how fights was atleast often, WITH main group from your side and our side.
saw ur group getting farmed by a random fg alb was fun :D
but i believe ur group has some skills :<

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
so what do you class a desent player, someone that spec to a conformed temp so they get into opted groups? I don't solo very often but i have beaten SB, Thanes, RMs, BD, Hunter and Sklads all same RR or higher post smite nerf, why? becasue they make the biggest mistake you can make in a fight and under estimated me, probably thought i was a run of the mill rej cleric and exspeced me to run.
I would class a decent player as somebody that works well in a team. Spec and equipment all enchance a character but are not the be all and end all.

As for Solo'n, well haha, Nurture Druid is far less capable of solo'n than a Smite Cleric and even I've managed to kill the odd oponent from time to time. No real achievement and certainly wouldn't use that to justify me as a decent player (not that I really think I'm a decent player anyhow).

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
sorcerer starts casting?, that would be under 10sec of being mezzed?, i don't think, and last time i looked Bard can and do use Mezz interupt, why? becasue anyone that isn't on immunity timer and goes into the AOE gets mezzed.

Now, Is this the part where you try and convince the DAoC community that Hibs never win the CC.

I guess none of you have played DAOC if you think think that if you QQ at Sorcerer Mezz range vs Hib CC/counter CC abilities.

hi! amnesia isnt mez.
using amnesia before the sorc is casting is called a 'waste', as it doesnt even break enemy speed.
are you stupid or just pretending?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Araudry said:
ooh poor thing u feel so gimped without a relic? :<

time to play rm i see xD

Well atleast Remi plays without relics.. I remember a time with strength-relics not in Excalibur and PE didnt come out :)

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Well atleast Remi plays without relics.. I remember a time with strength-relics not in Excalibur and PE didnt come out :)

That is bullshit.
1 person in guild said he didn't want to RvR without them, and none of us found it amusing to fight with old melee setup versus savagegroups with relics, but we still played.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Derric said:
That is bullshit.
1 person in guild said he didn't want to RvR without them, and none of us found it amusing to fight with old melee setup versus savagegroups with relics, but we still played.

Ehmmm; PE didnt come out during that for 1-2 weeks or so; and came back when relics changed hands.

Perhaps you still played.. an alt, PvE or solo'ing.. But the PE-group wasnt out then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom