How much time do you spend.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Sex: Male
Any Kids: 2 (4 and 8mths)
What job you do: Train Driver
How often do you play: Once every few days (although haven't played for 2 weeks), once the kids have gone down, never when they're up
How long do you play for: 1 - 3 hours if that.
What times of day do you play: only ply my xbox owadays (Blue Dragon atm)

My Mrs used to give me all the same about computer games, turns out she wanted more attention, so we compromised.

Oh and use your PC monitor for the 360, 'tis what I do.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
What times of day do you play: only ply my xbox owadays (Blue Dragon atm)

Swore that said 'type of games'. more fool me. I play 20:00 - 21:00 then tele with my mrs. Generally.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Sex: male
Any Kids: not yet!
What job you do: trainee chef
How often do you play: every other day
How long do you play for: depends if i'm in the mood for games. Can be up to 6 hours a day - can be 10 minutes a day.
What times of day do you play: When i'm not working - different each day.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
We're fairly well balanced I think.

I had a really interesting chat with the gf about this yesterday, certainly some things I wasn't as yet aware of. Her main beef is not particularly that I can do things for long periods of time, but that I ignore all else while I am doing it. She doesn't care if I am on the computer, or another hobby, just that she feels that I exclude all else to do it (which yes, I do indeed do at times).

I gather from her that as she's a nurse (my gf, not mycenae, both nurses) and works irregular shifts, she sticks the time of day where she does things for herself exclusively, like her fave social networking site, weblog reading (she loves it for some reason) and that kind of stuff into the time slice where I am not there so she can "be there" for me when I am home. On the other hand, most of my free time occurs where she is there, or it would happen to be a weekend where she is working and I am not, so if I want to unwind or draw or whatever, I have to take that time out of the time where we are both free, which makes her jealous I suppose which is perfectly natural.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The more I read from this thread the more I think my wife has it easy. She doesn't work and does not have to. Since comming to Dubai she has been under no pressure to either. We have a live in maid who does all the cleaning, washing and even some cooking.

Still, she does not like me playing on the computer because it is "too solitary" and I should be spending time with her. Which basically means watching crap on TV. We don't often enjoy the same programs, she hates anything American. I could move a comp downstairs and play from wireless link but then I would not be able to use team chats which takes some of the fun out of it.

I understand her position but not quite sure how to fix it. I find it relaxing and I enjoy it.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Any Kids: 2 13 & 8
What job you do: Business Analyst
How often do you play: lately about 1 time per month
How long do you play for: lately, about 15 minutes per week
What times of day do you play: after 9pm

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Any Kids: 2 (17 & 19 years old)
What job you do: Senior scientist
How often do you play: Most days and like Throd started on FPS's Doom, Duke 3D, Quake 1,2,3,4

How long do you play for: 1-2 hours a night
What times of day do you play: Tends to be 9-11pm
My wife is very relaxed about the whole thing. She knows I enjoy playing games and thats okay. I do other things too and Im not really as addicted as I used to be.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
The more I read from this thread the more I think my wife has it easy. She doesn't work and does not have to. Since comming to Dubai she has been under no pressure to either. We have a live in maid who does all the cleaning, washing and even some cooking.

Still, she does not like me playing on the computer because it is "too solitary" and I should be spending time with her. Which basically means watching crap on TV. We don't often enjoy the same programs, she hates anything American. I could move a comp downstairs and play from wireless link but then I would not be able to use team chats which takes some of the fun out of it.

I understand her position but not quite sure how to fix it. I find it relaxing and I enjoy it.

maybe try get her to play too? she might enjoy it for all you know.
my girl friend is into computer games so she will either watch me play or we play something together.
weve hit up the wii a couple times at her house, played PGR3 at mine and shes watched me rock out to GH3. last night she even told me i should play it! but i wanted to watch that thing about fatties and skinnies on ch4.

Will

/bin/su
The more I read from this thread the more I think my wife has it easy. She doesn't work and does not have to.

The more I read it, the more I think she'd be bored shitless. I couldn't cope with that for long.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
PS3 incoming tomorrow. That should spice things up a bit.

Mey

Part of the furniture
The trash can?

Any Kids: non
What job you do: Student / Bank worker
How often do you play: Not very often at all, have the odd bash on my mates 360 ever know and again.
How long do you play for: 1-2 hours a week, spend more time surfing tbh.
What times of day do you play: when i'm waiting for stuff to cook usually.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Any Kids: No
What job you do: IT Operations
How often do you play: Typically, every night and most weekends.
How long do you play for: 1-3 hrs per night. On weekends can be longer.
What times of day do you play: 8/9 pm +

A lot depends whether gf's around, as she does do shift-work (doctor) and weekends/nights. So if she's not around gaming will consume most of my time, and back when I was playing WoW etc. it could be entire weekends.

However, it's usually easier to play games these days that I can just pickup and play the odd hour or two here and there. So single-player RTS/RPG games (COH), and online FPS games (QW/Warsow/Q3/Q4/COD4) etc.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Apparently i am pathetic, this is what i have been told this morning.
Why i hear you ask? (oh your not, your just agreeing). Well anyway apparently i spend too much time playing computer games. I spend between 2-3 hours a day, sometimes between 9pm & 12am but normally 10pm to 12am when the missus has gone to bed.

You're not reading between the lines in what she's saying, imo she's sending you a signal about how she's feeling about YOU - the computer game playing is an excuse; it wouldn't matter what you did.

Trust me to see it this way :).

TdC

according to the most recent psychological research into the feminine mystery, teh ladiez want a well groomed sweet smelling metrosexual man at work to associate with, but a rampantly sexual caveman at home, to lift heavy weights and shag at every available opportunity.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
according to the most recent psychological research into the feminine mystery, teh ladiez want a well groomed sweet smelling metrosexual man at work to associate with, but a rampantly sexual caveman at home,(with a gun) to lift heavy weights and shag at every available opportunity.

Damn straight :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah tried that, the thing is she thinks i am addicted to it because i have to play a few hours a day. And maybe she is right. I don't know tbh it's something i enjoy doing and helps me to unwind and forget about any other hassles in my life. She doesn't enjoy gaming at all other than 20 minutes on her DS occasionally so she can't understand what makes me want to and she thinks i have a problem.

The problem is hers m8. She can't understand why it's important to you so resents the time you choose to spend doing it. The television argument is a valid one tho.

I've always had this problem with previous girlfriends but my current is a gamer so that works out great - she does understand why I choose to play and doesn't mind one jot.

My problem I've got is she's such a psycho about everything else :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Lol,

Thing is she doesn't like me playing while she's around very often so i tend to play when she hits the sack, she thinks i am tired and grumpy with her and the kids (2 and 4 year old) because i stay up until midnight. The only reason i have been tired and recently is because i have not been sleeping well due to preperation for a big interview and running the interview over and over in my head until i got the decision. I don't go out as can't really afford to and i don't really drink which is all my mates do.

The way i see it is if she thinks my staying up late (in her opinion) is a problem then fuck it i will play when she is up and watching mind numbing tele that i couldn't care less about.

Maybe go to bed when she does mate that could be one of the main reasons she is being like this and spend atleast an hour snuggling up on the sofa.

I'm lucky because my GF is a gamer too we have 2 pcs 2 xbox elites and most sundays we will spend from 10am-5-6ishpm gaming on the xboxs or pcs in seperate rooms put we always come in and see one another have a hug and kiss makes all the difference you know.

In the weekdays evenings will be spent doing the same up till about 10pm

TV? we like Lost and Supernatural at the moment so when they are on we sit together and watch them and spend quality time together we go out to the cinema once a week and go out for a meal.

I'm a lucky bastard the way i see it i have a GF who loves gaming takes care of me and has bailed me out of more trouble then i hate to remember.

The most important thing i know i can do (except loving her ofc) is go to bed with her because to women in my experience it makes ALL the difference nothing they hate more then to be going to bed on their own every night.

Try going to bed with her for a bit see how things go :)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Maybe go to bed when she does mate that could be one of the main reasons she is being like this and spend atleast an hour snuggling up on the sofa.

I'm lucky because my GF is a gamer too we have 2 pcs 2 xbox elites and most sundays we will spend from 10am-5-6ishpm gaming on the xboxs or pcs in seperate rooms put we always come in and see one another have a hug and kiss makes all the difference you know.

In the weekdays evenings will be spent doing the same up till about 10pm

TV? we like Lost and Supernatural at the moment so when they are on we sit together and watch them and spend quality time together we go out to the cinema once a week and go out for a meal.

I'm a lucky bastard the way i see it i have a GF who loves gaming takes care of me and has bailed me out of more trouble then i hate to remember.

The most important thing i know i can do (except loving her ofc) is go to bed with her because to women in my experience it makes ALL the difference nothing they hate more then to be going to bed on their own every night.

Try going to bed with her for a bit see how things go :)

Thing is we cuddle up on the sofa all night and watch tv together. Tv i'm not interested in tbh. Then when she goes to bed is my play time. I can't play when she is up with my new 360 as we only have the one tv. I don't play during the weekend as it's the only time i get with my kids.

The 360 is hopefully going to help things as it is more pick up and put down than the sort of games i play on the PC.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thing is we cuddle up on the sofa all night and watch tv together. Tv i'm not interested in tbh. Then when she goes to bed is my play time. I can't play when she is up with my new 360 as we only have the one tv. I don't play during the weekend as it's the only time i get with my kids.

The 360 is hopefully going to help things as it is more pick up and put down than the sort of games i play on the PC.

I don't think it will to be fair mate your just swapping the PC for the 360 not really solving any problems.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I don't think it will to be fair mate your just swapping the PC for the 360 not really solving any problems.

I'll be more inclined to go to bed early. PC games like WOW and Football Manager take too much time to play. The 360 i can stick on for an hour and log it off.

TdC

we taught him everything he knows ;)

old.user4556

It always ends in TdC and Trem wanting to take advantage of me though. :eek:

old.user4556

the double penetration is expecting too much tbh :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
2-3 hours a day, especially when the missus is in bed, seems reasonable to me. You just need to talk to her about it an say WHY you're tired, instead of let hre play her own mindgames with herself. It's only trouble.

I tend to play "some" every weekday, depending on activities and mroe on the weekend.

Hangover days are the best, around 12-15 hours easily on a lazy sunday.

Usually it's around 3-4h a day though. But as said, depending on activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom