Can't get enough of FH
So people still playing? Dyvet, Temair, anything? :D
Wanna get back in action!

Swed

Fledgling Freddie
So people still playing? Dyvet, Temair, anything? :D
Wanna get back in action!

Heya Tjalle!!

Me and few more are still on the german cluster!
Playing atm both Mid and Hib depends what realm got the best action :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
New german cluster is called Glamorgan or so, contains all 5 german servers and has between 1200-1800 online at peak hours, so not bad action at all

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds nice:)

But how is it to play with German UI,text etc.? can anything be done to change to english?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds nice:)

But how is it to play with German UI,text etc.? can anything be done to change to english?

I play with english Mxn UI, no hazzle at all, only thing u "miss" is the quest logs and spam that is in german:p

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
and the items names

and the CM browsing

and the combat messages and anda

?_?)p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Elo, is it worth me loading up my german accounts again?

I fancy playing infil again.... whats the rvr like nowadays?

Vegedk

Fledgling Freddie
Tjalle i'll be getting net again in like 4-5 days if your still up for summit i'll come along :p

ofc we could always just duel all day.. until you let my merc beat your ugly champ ^^

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Wish they'd cluster all the servers, french, german and english.

illu

Part of the furniture
I'm toying with rolling over in the US. I forgot how expensive the game is though with the need for buffbots etc., but my cold turkey is getting too great and I need to be taking part in RvR killing some dirty Albs and Hibs!
It's just a shit having to remake toons and do all that crafting bollocks all over again and initially levelling up some toons to 50. But I suppose it's a means to an end.
If anyone works in GOA and knows someone in Mythic, could you email them my toons please? :) I'd gladly pay a few £ to port my toons to another Server :>

Oli - Illu

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
After the not too enjoyable experience of playing Warcraft, Age Of Conan and then Warhammer I am back playing DAoC in the US. No idea what the RvR will be like but I just enjoying the experience of levelling in a good game again.

If there was action on Dyvet I would be back instantly but as there isn't if I could transfer my chars to another server I would.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
I'm toying with rolling over in the US. I forgot how expensive the game is though with the need for buffbots etc., but my cold turkey is getting too great and I need to be taking part in RvR killing some dirty Albs and Hibs!
It's just a shit having to remake toons and do all that crafting bollocks all over again and initially levelling up some toons to 50. But I suppose it's a means to an end.
If anyone works in GOA and knows someone in Mythic, could you email them my toons please? :) I'd gladly pay a few £ to port my toons to another Server :>

Oli - Illu

Why don't u roll on german cluster m8. Hell ill even pl u if u chose alb or hib:p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

Oli - Illu
I'll renew my acc in february I think.. So if you play on mid/killibury cluster, I can craft you whatever you'd like with my troll thane :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Gonne ask a dumb question here but, does anyone know what to change in the patcher again, to play in the US? I couldnt find it that quickly searching the forums :|

I haff to play with Dard in the US! :drink:

CorNokZ

Do with with the daoc portal if you have it ;)

CorNokZ

Find the update.dat file in your camelot directory, open it with notepad and then replace:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

with:

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat

And you will be on US client tuth :wub:

illu

Part of the furniture
Why don't u roll on german cluster m8. Hell ill even pl u if u chose alb or hib:p

Hi bud,
I tried the German Servers for about an hour, but there was too much text in German like the items and the quest details and combat messages. The population seemed good, but I just got put off a lot by those main things. I also get put off by how long GOA take to update all the patches.

I think I'm going to settle on going to the Devon cluster as that has the largest population over in the US and I'll just take it easy and start all over again /cry.
I made a test character and the pings seemed fine in the hour or so I was playing so hopefully in a year or 2 I'll have similar characters and crafters that I do here.

I only wish Mythic and GOA would concentrate their efforts on getting a system set up that lets you move toons across the water or onto different servers. How difficult can it be copying or moving an account from one place to another? I imagine each account is a small data file listing stats/spec/ml/cl/RR and what items you are carrying. Even just moving a character and leaving the house behind would be fine.
I know it must be possible, and they could charge for it and make yet more money out of us, and it seems very successful on the World of Warcraft Servers, but DAOC seems to be sadly lacking a little in this area :/

I'll probably log in next month on my UK Accounts for one last time and sell everything I own for 1 copper :> And I bet the next day, the ability to move accounts will go live :)

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
I'll renew my acc in february I think.. So if you play on mid/killibury cluster, I can craft you whatever you'd like with my troll thane :)

Thanks a lot for the offer bud, but I'm more than likely going to roll on the Devon Cluster for the simple reason that the population is higher there. Hopefully there are some EU Guilds around that I may be able to join as life alone isn't that much fun :>

Oli - Illu

Vegedk

Fledgling Freddie
Illu lets do the grind there together then ? ^^ depening on realm ect gimme a yell what your'll do.. i wont be starting for another week cause of the lovely ppl that should be provideing me with internet!!!! /cry

/yours truely vege

illu

Part of the furniture
Illu lets do the grind there together then ? ^^ depening on realm ect gimme a yell what your'll do.. i wont be starting for another week cause of the lovely ppl that should be provideing me with internet!!!! /cry

/yours truely vege

I should be playing on the Devon Cluster on Midgard. My time is very limited at the moment as I have a 1 year old and a wife to look after :) I can only really play on Wednesday evenings and Sunday evenings and occasionally real late on other evenings.
I'm not entirely sure what is the best way to level up as I will probably be trying to do 2 or 3 accounts at the same time. I'm thinking maybe battlegrounds for a bit or just random PvE until enough XP to go into some dungeons then maybe Spindel, Varulv then Malmohus. Or maybe get into a Moderna Group. Not much you can do until you have at least 1 level 50 toon.
I'll probably go for Healer/Shammy/SM to start and then take it from there.
The end play would be to have 2 ML9 SM's and other toons to mimic my Euro Account :>

Oli - Illu

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Find the update.dat file in your camelot directory, open it with notepad and then replace:

Mythic Patch

with:

Mythic Patch

And you will be on US client tuth :wub:

Spank you!

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
I imagine each account is a small data file listing stats/spec/ml/cl/RR and what items you are carrying. Even just moving a character and leaving the house behind would be fine.
I know it must be possible, and they could charge for it and make yet more money out of us, and it seems very successful on the World of Warcraft Servers, but DAOC seems to be sadly lacking a little in this area :/

Yeah, each character got its own line of data in the database,
Account, Realm, Name, Race, Class, Level, CL, ML, EXP, RPS, BPS, Mithril, Plat, Gold, Silver, Copper, Location, Last Login, Language, Str, Con, Dex, Qui, Int etc. Only things that are not listed is the players inventory. Items Exists in another database with more lines with more info. So the entier Character database could easely be Copy/Pasted into the US database, but no items with it.

There is also an Inventory Template Database, but transfering that is a bit more complicated.

illu

Part of the furniture
Yeah, each character got its own line of data in the database,
Account, Realm, Name, Race, Class, Level, CL, ML, EXP, RPS, BPS, Mithril, Plat, Gold, Silver, Copper, Location, Last Login, Language, Str, Con, Dex, Qui, Int etc. Only things that are not listed is the players inventory. Items Exists in another database with more lines with more info. So the entier Character database could easely be Copy/Pasted into the US database, but no items with it.

There is also an Inventory Template Database, but transfering that is a bit more complicated.

Thanks for the info. So even in a worst case scenario, you could just take your nekked toon and as much money as you have and just leave the rest behind, but at least you wouldn't have the grind of getting those RPs and experience again, and still have your crafter skills? I imagine you could buy most of the items you are missing or at least be in a position to.

GOA or Mythic should at least offer this service - at the end of the day, it is better than nothing, and more people would be likely to play on, making the company more money, so it's a win-win situation! :>

Oli - Illu

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info. So even in a worst case scenario, you could just take your nekked toon and as much money as you have and just leave the rest behind, but at least you wouldn't have the grind of getting those RPs and experience again, and still have your crafter skills? I imagine you could buy most of the items you are missing or at least be in a position to.

GOA or Mythic should at least offer this service - at the end of the day, it is better than nothing, and more people would be likely to play on, making the company more money, so it's a win-win situation! :>

Oli - Illu

U wrote that u had problems with the german names after 1 hour, yes ofcourse. who learns a new language in 1 hour? It took me about 2 weeks to get the daoc lingo on the german servers. Just ask on FH for a guild most UK players who play on the german servers have played there for quite some time, then u have ppl to ask for help with items and quests, and honestly, who reads the ingame quest text? Was about 5 years since i did that, allakazam, spoiler and done:)

illu

Part of the furniture
U wrote that u had problems with the german names after 1 hour, yes ofcourse. who learns a new language in 1 hour? It took me about 2 weeks to get the daoc lingo on the german servers. Just ask on FH for a guild most UK players who play on the german servers have played there for quite some time, then u have ppl to ask for help with items and quests, and honestly, who reads the ingame quest text? Was about 5 years since i did that, allakazam, spoiler and done:)

:>

nein!

I think the major put off was the german language and items being in german. And I'm trying to look to the future, thinking whether I wanted to be in the US Population under Mythic or the Euro Population under GOA... And the speed of the patches annoyed me too and the speed of the updating/fixing of the Roll of Honour was also a major gripe.

I honestly hope that the game lasts on both sides of the ocean for as long as possible as I want to get at least one RR11 toon, because my Shadowblade was robbed just short on RR10 something :/

I was looking at some of the stats on GimpChimp of players over in the US GimpChimp

My favourites are:-
Total Realm Points:
1.) OutIaw 464,407,752
Total Realm Points Last Week:
1.) faithandflame 3,956,189
Total Solo Kills:
1.) Humdall 21,902
Total Dragons Killed:
1.) DragonFarmer 3,310

Oli - Illu

CorNokZ

OutIaw has 4xRR12 characters(two of them are healers, lol), 20 something rr11s and one rr10!

So it's pretty obvious he's a big noob.. I mean come on? Only one rr10? :D

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi bud,
I tried the German Servers for about an hour, but there was too much text in German like the items and the quest details and combat messages. The population seemed good, but I just got put off a lot by those main things. I also get put off by how long GOA take to update all the patches.

I think I'm going to settle on going to the Devon cluster as that has the largest population over in the US and I'll just take it easy and start all over again /cry.
I made a test character and the pings seemed fine in the hour or so I was playing so hopefully in a year or 2 I'll have similar characters and crafters that I do here.

I only wish Mythic and GOA would concentrate their efforts on getting a system set up that lets you move toons across the water or onto different servers. How difficult can it be copying or moving an account from one place to another? I imagine each account is a small data file listing stats/spec/ml/cl/RR and what items you are carrying. Even just moving a character and leaving the house behind would be fine.

I'll probably log in next month on my UK Accounts for one last time and sell everything I own for 1 copper :> And I bet the next day, the ability to move accounts will go live :)

Oli - Illu

In 1 week u will not notice it and within 2 weeks you will learn all the daoc german.. i mean spirit = giest, spell = zauber, thrust = stoSS super easy.. numb = benebln, slam wuchtwatchtsomething.. u learn qiuckly. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom