Heretic subclassing - useless?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ive started a heretic on Glast and am really enjoying it, its a fun class with plently of tools and it can fit in most groups and solo's well etc. However, i started to look into the subclassing system we get in DR, and i found that there is, in my humble oppinion, nothing in there at all that will benefit a heretic. It has styles, it has heals, it has ranged damage, it has buffs. Only thing i found that would enhance it in any way was the resistance buffs from the acolyte subclassing line but those lines (acolyte) are off limits to heretics due to it being their base class (cant take subclass abilities from your own line).

So it seems that the heretics jack-of-all-trade (but master of none) characteristics makes it on one hand a capable and fun class but on the other hand totally exludes it from any meaningful advancement in DR (where on the other hand most other classes will gain tools similar to the heretic, while still retaining their superiority in their given field).

Now i wonder, what will other heretics spec in DR? Can anyone see anything that would be even slightly useful to a heretic?
http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=174 (5 pts to spend, one point gives one ability in one line, with a linear progression downwards etc).

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
well the price you pay for rolling one of the self buffing classic fotms :p

Tilda

The resists are nice, or you could go for one of the lines with a pbaoe, or go for a more melee-ish route and get the 5% evade or parry buff (cant remember if it goes up to 10%) as you can't do either as a tic.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Cant get the resists :( Cant spec in your own base class line

You are probably right that the melee line with parry buff is best though

Isunder

Fledgling Freddie
Spell: Surge of Chaos

Function: DD Spell
Damage: 5.0
Target: Self
Duration: 1:00 min
Power Cost: 20
Casting time: Instant
Recast time: 5:00 min

an eb i think.

Spell: Damage Ward

Function: Melee Absorption
Value: 5
Power cost: 30

Spell: Soldier's Retaliation

Function: Parry
Value: 11%
Power cost: 15

at levels 3,4,5 in fighter line, not too bad for CL's, of course nothing in DR will be overpowering

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Yep im leaning heavily towards that line atm, seems to be the best choise :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Anyonre else find it rather amusing that the banner ad on herald is for another MMO (Warhammer), as if DAoC isnt in enough shit.

Gamah

Banned
Well warhammer is not out for another 2 years? So why will that matter :|

Fana said:
Ive started a heretic on Glast and am really enjoying it, its a fun class with plently of tools and it can fit in most groups and solo's well etc. However, i started to look into the subclassing system we get in DR, and i found that there is, in my humble oppinion, nothing in there at all that will benefit a heretic. It has styles, it has heals, it has ranged damage, it has buffs. Only thing i found that would enhance it in any way was the resistance buffs from the acolyte subclassing line but those lines (acolyte) are off limits to heretics due to it being their base class (cant take subclass abilities from your own line).

So it seems that the heretics jack-of-all-trade (but master of none) characteristics makes it on one hand a capable and fun class but on the other hand totally exludes it from any meaningful advancement in DR (where on the other hand most other classes will gain tools similar to the heretic, while still retaining their superiority in their given field).

Now i wonder, what will other heretics spec in DR? Can anyone see anything that would be even slightly useful to a heretic?
http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=174 (5 pts to spend, one point gives one ability in one line, with a linear progression downwards etc).

why do u QQ? Now you don't havet o buy DR and rids you the fkn PVE bullshit? Be happy, i'd be :p

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not sure. If Warhammer Online features RvR you may as well put the label DAoC v2.0 (now with more class imbalance!) on it.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
why do u QQ? Now you don't havet o buy DR and rids you the fkn PVE bullshit? Be happy, i'd be :p

Ah, another cluesless post :clap:

Personally i'd go for the fighter line.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
damage add is no use as you've got that already ;) but subclass abilities really aren't all that great for anyone.

Go fighter line for the end buff (apparently stacks with tireless) or get disease.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Without knowing what stacks and what doesn't, I can't really form an opinion :/ I'm looking mostly towards fighter line lvl 5 though.

If the ABS buff stacks with ours, it might be worth going for in the fighter line with the 11%parry buff. I doubt the dmg add stacks with our self one as ours doesn't stack with elementalist cast one :p That line also gives 10% CC duration reduction (as long as you fire it upon seeing inc) and a free 150point ablative which you'd again have to fire on inc. Theres also a 60AF insta cast spell as well as well as a 1point end regen insta cast.

Does anyone know details of any of these? Do they share the same timer or can you fire them all at once? Do they stack? Do champ level spells have a cool down period list items do?

Until we know the answers to questions like this, there really is no way to tell which path to go down.

Matriarch|Sneakers said:

The hp and AF advantage of getting CL5 are alone enough to make you need the expansion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's going to be impossible to compete without it but 10%hps is quite a lot :p

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Without knowing what stacks and what doesn't, I can't really form an opinion :/ I'm looking mostly towards fighter line lvl 5 though.

If the ABS buff stacks with ours, it might be worth going for in the fighter line with the 11%parry buff. I doubt the dmg add stacks with our self one as ours doesn't stack with elementalist cast one :p That line also gives 10% CC duration reduction (as long as you fire it upon seeing inc) and a free 150point ablative which you'd again have to fire on inc. Theres also a 60AF insta cast spell as well as well as a 1point end regen insta cast.

Does anyone know details of any of these? Do they share the same timer or can you fire them all at once? Do they stack? Do champ level spells have a cool down period list items do?

Until we know the answers to questions like this, there really is no way to tell which path to go down.

The hp and AF advantage of getting CL5 are alone enough to make you need the expansion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's going to be impossible to compete without it but 10%hps is quite a lot :p

can always respec if you dont like what you get in 1 CL line :>

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
prolly a stupid question here, or has been asked before so sorry if it has.

But the resist spells from the acolyte path, will these stack with current cleric and frair spells if grouped with one?

thanks

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
I took the mage line for the disease, figured it was a nice utility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom