Useless info?

Gamah

Banned
Koldbrann said:
And just by protesting i asked the gm to change my name to "Hydrocyanic" last name is "Acid"... Google that Requiel! :clap:

omg you totally pwned the gm!:touch:

But sorry I'm all out of gold stars

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
omg you totally pwned the gm!:touch:

But sorry I'm all out of gold stars

lies u always have some gold stars left :( at least u told me u did.. dammit how will i find the will to live now :mad:

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Koldbrann said:
Find it kinda funny that Requiel has time to read this forum and reply twice to a tread like this, but when they comminity craves information he's and GoA is silent as ever.... funny.

I also got the name of my warrior changed a while back, it was names Zyklon. Guess someone found it offencive as the gas used by the nazi's during ww2 was called the same. I however got the name from a norwegian black metal band. And just by protesting i asked the gm to change my name to "Hydrocyanic" last name is "Acid"... Google that Requiel! :clap:

You go girl, fight the power!! :rolleyes:

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Basically if the name is likely to be offensive in any language that's likely to be spoken on the server then we'll investigate it and change it if it is. That means in most European languages including Scandinavian. Mostly if I get a name in a language that no-one in the office speaks (and you'd be amazed at the range we can do between us all), I google it and if I get a lot of NSFW results it gets changed.

google ftw? gotta love it. cunni tis a nice name though

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
In one of the TOA heavens, i dont remember which one. There is a female Half Ogre merchant that is called Mouna. A rough word to refere to female genetic organs in Greek.

I would never deal a trade with a merchant that has a big sign above his head that reads "C*NT''. ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
Thanks for reporting yourself.

my paladin is called Bahumat, in donkey language it means "fart sniffer", all my pet donkey's cry at night!

*you attempt to change Bahumats name*
*Your target is being body guarded by Chuck Norris, you must kill him first*
*you swing the name change bat at Chuck Norris, he snaps it on his nipple and changes Requiel's name to Rosemary*

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
afaik "Cunni" means "Gay" in Afghanistan.. At least.. thats what someone told me who have lived there..

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
i have a character named Peidalhaço.
in my language it means Farting Clown (me irl)... you find that ofensive?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
yep i'm called pip and now they call me insert word <c###t>

The name pip is offensive.

And Cunni...

Cunni Funt... Wouldnt suprise me :eek:

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Well, theres a mob in the frontier called General Albanus - thats offensive imo :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Wish I could change my buffbots name :p People keep complianing that they have to type in my whole name because otherwise it comes up with multiple names :p

I play kirennitic, by buffbot is kirenniac. I should have seen it coming really but I don't think they allow changes because of that.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik all names that aren't appropriate for the middle age etc can be reported and get changed, atleast according to Mythic, dunno with Goa though.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
the last name on all my luri's is hooligan (an old irish name ) just happen to have a luri called football also

Chilly

Balls of steel
Dr_Evil said:
Afaik all names that aren't appropriate for the middle age etc can be reported and get changed, atleast according to Mythic, dunno with Goa though.
that rule is only strictly enforced on the american roleplay servers. On the EU servers, I believe they take a very much relaxed view of things. If its offensive to anyone likely to understand it, then change. If not - who cares.

Herjulf

Banned
i got a infil called.

mrcumgulper ohbehave

noone seem to be offended by that either.

(j/k)

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
What about copyrighted names? I always wondered whether they would be clamped down on...

Say if someone called their toon Coca Cola, or Nike or if someone actually contacted GoA to say they own a copyright and it is being used as a character name, please change it...

I only ask as i have a sorc/caba/scout/infil (can't honestly remember what he did last time i rerolled :p) called YoureMyWifeNow Dave which is probably in breach of some copyright or another... :shifty:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
well my name is dave and i am offended by that :)

when i was on US server i had a highlander called Mel Gibson and that got changed to some obscure RP type name

E_E

Loyal Freddie
rampant said:
i feel sorry for dasbuffbot :) - groovie cleric that is fooked by a name his m8 gave him :)

yeah its abit sad tbh... ive rightnow, it but they wont change it... i guees i just have to tell my m8 to report it and say it means ***** in mongolia

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Some guy on a US server complained because 1 of his toons last name was "RidesTheShortBus". Someone musta found it offensive (an American thing) and they changed all the 1st names of his chars but left the last names.
There's Girl on our server called Mike Hunt. And I was hoping they'd look into that....

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Funny thread. Nothing wrong with a bit of childish humour now and again.

Named a character Aibal (Labia backwards) but guess it was a bit too much of an anatomical word for it to be noticed. Couldnt think of any other uk 'rude' word that sounded like a name backwards.

It made me laugh for about 3 minutes so it was worth it :)

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
on the beta i had a pally called Melogibson.... he had that name for a while till he got renamed Milward.... i have never rolled a pally since

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well given the fellow's name is just an old form of the one swear word FH actually filters I'm not surprised it was changed.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
well given the fellow's name is just an old form of the one swear word FH actually filters I'm not surprised it was changed.
what... Melogibson?

Wow, he must've really upset you dude... :(

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
Sparx said:
well my name is dave and i am offended by that :)

when i was on US server i had a highlander called Mel Gibson and that got changed to some obscure RP type name

northernmonkey said:
on the beta i had a pally called Melogibson.... he had that name for a while till he got renamed Milward.... i have never rolled a pally since

hmmmmm
an imposter

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Forfid said:
i have a character named Peidalhaço.
in my language it means Farting Clown (me irl)... you find that ofensive?

Peidalhaço não é farting clown...tsc tsc tens que voltar para a escola :D

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I've never seen this one since this SS...

Attachments

• sshot067.jpg
    sshot067.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 101

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
my paladin is called Bahumat, in donkey language it means "fart sniffer", all my pet donkey's cry at night!

*you attempt to change Bahumats name*
*Your target is being body guarded by Chuck Norris, you must kill him first*
*you swing the name change bat at Chuck Norris, he snaps it on his nipple and changes Requiel's name to Rosemary*

this guy steps in and sings the **** out of Chuck Norris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom