hehe assasin nerf official :D

J

jox

:(

I will have nightmares about the minstrel-archer-combo...

D

Darkdancer.

looks like this nerf will give night shades an edge as we can get the ra avoid pain at level 2 this gives 30% damage absorbtion on a 15 min timer

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Aussie-
I don't understand why those wuss assassins are whining
they never attack alone , like you need IP :rolleyes:

Don't generalise please, i solo emain if i go there, thats like saying al scouts have 2 infils stuck on em all the time (most not all do). I also solo in mid if no guildies r on etc etc. I know other sb's ns's and inf's that solo too.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by karlophin
Theory, shadowblades Ive never had a prob with, only infils, I remember having a great fight with you, or the old theory outside amg in mid once which lasted so long we bassicaly both ended up giving up and waving at each other and sitting down. That was damn fun :)

Its a case of you win some you lose some but I know Im not the only BM to be owned that badly by pin :) So, hats off toy pin, buffed or not you play an assasin very well :)

Yeh that was me, BM's have horrible resits too which doesn't help. + It's Thorey not Theory. :)

C

Chameleon

Omg do we have a bunch of fools running the show or what??? Hello? Mythic?

Why do you think nightshades have only leather armour?? We are told that our leather armour is so that we are light-weight and can therefore EVADE!!! What is the point in giving us leather armour (therefore being rubbish at taking hits) and then reduce our chance to not be hit?

Unless you've played an assassin, you fail to realise that if we dont stealth and pa from hidden, we're pretty much dead most of the time, even with high evade.
The assassin is overpowered? Why? Cos people get pa'd and die? That's the f***ing point of an assassin!! What should an assassin class be then? Just a crap tank who can hide if he doesnt want to die?
I despair, these people clearly have no idea wtf they are doing and listen too much to people moaning that an assassin popped out of stealth and killed them! Shock, horror! Surely not!

T

Tranquil-

Do you even know how much evade % you have? lol, it's not nerfed, it's capped.

Evade 7 = 35% evade
+
Dodger 5 = 15% evade (who has this anyway?)
=
A total of 50% evade modified by stats.

Add a buffbot to this and you'll be breaking your keyboard while trying to hit. The nerf makes it so Buffed assassins won't be owning because of evade. Buffs still apply to hits/damage/af etc.

If this isn't clear enough for you it means that unbuffed you aren't nerfed, but buffed consider yourself nerfed.

C

Chameleon

and those who get buffs cos they are grouped? A piss poor way to try and stop buffbot assassins. If this isnt clear enough ... read it again

T

Tranquil-

Ahem..
In a group you usually get heals aswell.
A buffed assassin in a group was still just as hard to hit. That's what they did something about. You will still be able to evade, just not up to 70% anymore. Is to evade every other blow gimped? What do you think about archers when it comes to melee? With even lower evade and even worse melee. Don't act like 50% evade is bad.

C

Chameleon

Put it this way .....

A solo assassin with a buffbot now gets a respec of RA's, reduces dodger/dex to that its lower than 50%, but 50% when buffed, then spends his new spare ra's on something else. A solo assassin with no buffbot has to use ra's only to get to 50%. How is that a buffbot assassin nerf? If anything its another advantage to those with buffbots, not the other way around!
I have a ranger too, but i dont think see hidden is a bad thing, i dont think a large amount of evade is a bad thing. And having a healer in our group is not the point at all, everyone in a group gets that, but most would not accept the loss of part of one of the abilities that make their class what it is.

B

belth

I'll gladly embrace the "free" MoPain2 and DR2 I'll be taking if I still play when 1.56 hits us. If the /respec all stuff posted by Censi is true and Mythic does something useful for the CS-line, I'll go 50 thrust/CS... Unlikely though.

Oh well, got hit with the nerfbat a bit, I'll recover. I just hope this starts a new round of "nerfs" like pet LoS & other crap. Wonder why they didn't give chanters pbaoe lifetap :rolleyes:

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Ch@meleon
Put it this way .....

A solo assassin with a buffbot now gets a respec of RA's, reduces dodger/dex to that its lower than 50%, but 50% when buffed, then spends his new spare ra's on something else. A solo assassin with no buffbot has to use ra's only to get to 50%. How is that a buffbot assassin nerf? If anything its another advantage to those with buffbots, not the other way around!

It is a buffbot nerf because evade doesn't make them unkillable anymore. Tanks can now kill them easier. They can now kill a buffbot-using assassin. A buffed assassin should be in or near a group, not solo. What does he need evade past 50% for when he has a group at disposal?

I have a ranger too, but i dont think see hidden is a bad thing, i dont think a large amount of evade is a bad thing.

I look at completely nullified damage of MORE than 50% of the attacks as a bad thing. If you can't see the problem with >50% evade, then you haven't experienced it enough used against you.

I have a ranger too, but i dont think see hidden is a bad thing, i dont think a large amount of evade is a bad thing. And having a healer in our group is not the point at all, everyone in a group gets that, but most would not accept the loss of part of one of the abilities that make their class what it is.

The point is, grouped and buffed assassins have heals at disposal too, ungrouped hasn't. You can pick your battles, pick ones with low melee ability, use your critical strike abilities, kill fast. If something goes wrong, have a blade ready with cripple on it to be able to run if things go wrong. You are not supposed to win if everything fails, evade at a too high level lets you do that. Why do you think it's called Critical Strike? YOU are supposed to jump people, if you are jumped you aren't supposed to win.

Several classes have lost a part of one of the abilities that makes their class what it is. Stealth to mention the most apparent. But you didn't think that one was wrong apparenly? Perhaps because your main benefits from it?

This nerf doesn't negate evade. Evade is still great. It's a nullified attack. Ofcourse, as you say it IS true that buffbot users still have an advantage when it comes to RA's and placement, I don't think this will be the last change we see affecting buffbots though. It may not be a perfect nerf, but has there ever been one?

N

Noche

Just to Aussie:

When they nerf buff bots I´ll say happily "They realised that buff bot needed NO skill!" (which is truth)

Well ppl will cry soon when assasins respec out of IP and FA and get SH, MoP, Viper, WA, AP, etc

Btw I´m pretty sure Mythic will take away IP from all rogues since they made primary healer bump so prolly they´ll say "Now that ppl can get heal pretty easy no more use of IP etc crap"

This is a nerf but no way a NERF, I´m pretty sure ppl will keep whining hehe... I´ve got already respec idea and I know that will work EVEN BETTER than now since no other assasins got it and they won´t be able to IP either :p

D

dexa

Originally posted by hotrat

*cough* See hidden *cough*
No camouflage for us and in any large fight i always get 90(-90) dmg on my shouts now because of the new castable 10 minute duration body resist buffs. Not so much of a problem if i solo but see hidden takes care of that.

About time assasins got a nerf, just need to fix buffbots and chanter pets now and im happy :)

see hidden do not many have and...
sos + ip
damn easy to kill ya now

A

Aussie-

you DONT have to attack him.
or do you just attack everthing that runs stealthed mr assassin? ;O

L

lofff

buffed assasins could outtank real tanks wo PA. ur evade loose is minimal, main nerf is pulling out ur ip which will just giv a chance to those tanks who have ip.

Dont whine u just need to land pa now to ensure ur victory.

D

dexa

Originally posted by Aussie-
you DONT have to attack him.
or do you just attack everthing that runs stealthed mr assassin? ;O

another clever aussie reply

E

Envenom2

i have 35 stealth+ 15 anyway so wont be upgrading that.

Im just waiting to see how posion is nerfed if it does'nt do the damage it does now i wont bother keeping it.

As for RAs i cant wait to spec to other things.

but yes it will be somewhere around 50 cs high thrust

your lucky belth u get more spec points to play around with then ns :)

But this patch is'nt really a nerf all it is basicly is taking away IP besides that theres nothing major about it really.

K

kinadold

I hear a lot of assasins say, its our right to kill any soloers, since
we are assasins. I cant find anywhere where Mythic has agreed
with that. Assasins should not have the right to kill any mages
or scouts or tanks or whatever they encounter. No other class
has that right. Mages got bt, which with other abilities removed
the archers right to kill them. Only fair. With a well planned attack
a stealther class should have a decent chance tho, and i believe they still will.

Now lets take a scout vs assains fight. Scout will most likely
have to use ip after first pa/posion/viper attack. Maybe he will
get a slam in, but maybe assasin will purge. Will maybe be a
close and exciting battle. Noone will be without chance in such
a fight, and thats how the game should be. Most archers have
been freefrags for assasins for a bit to long, now we will see
some decent fight. Only skillless noobs, who cant kill harder targets, like freefrags.

But with nerfs Mythic did not nerf certain classes, like petusers.
Lets hope they will soon, because today most petusers have
a right to kill stealthers. Maybe remove automatic attack in rvr,
and replace it with an active command. Maybe remove the ability
to follow a stealther forever. Remove target on last attacker.
Things which makes mages with cc to powerful.

But as said about archers, dont take abilities away without
giving people compensation or atleast another way to play
the class. If Mythic wants assasins to group, give them some groupabilities. That wont happen tho, since Mythics employees
lack imagination. Also the coding of DaoC is pretty bad, which makes it hard to implement cool new ideas. We waited
1 year for button 9 and 10 :)

Btw Dexa all minstrels use chain and most use slash, guess thats
nice for a ns. I would suspect you have a decent chance against
most minstrels with ip. You might wanna take viper + purge instead of nobrainer ip, and you might still win a good deal of fights. So the guy SOS and runs, well np you will meet him again.

P

Pin

Well, there's a lot of crap flying around in this thread, but anyways...

Firstly I am glad this is coming, but it's really not going to stop an assassin killing you if he wants to.

Karlophin - well, nice new surname, did it feel special when you owned Alpha? Yes, the 800 perfs were nice high crits, but you don't really expect to live when you are in melee against a minstrel I am grouped with?

Belth - I have 58 CS, my PA cap is 780 with my 100%qua Guarded Rapier, and slightly higher with my Gladius.

It's very rare that I'll hit that cap, or even get close, mostly see them come out at 500 (and PAing someone buffed in a group usually results in less).

Also, killing most classes with my infi is not a case of walk up and own it. Sure I have killed some of every class in the game, but I have also been killed by just about everything out there aswell (damn that green con enchanter yesterday!)

IP gone? IP isn't what gets me most of my kills. If I was only killing on a 30 minute timer I'd likely not be too pleased (pauses for the comments about True Sight)...

Capping evade at 50%? This would be capped above my usual evade rate.

Buffed? If you've been killed by me yesterday or today, I was buffed. Blame the buffs if you like, they make a big difference to fights, but I've killed all classes out there without them.

So, what do I expect to be able to kill after this patch? Pretty much the same as I can kill now, except I'll have to do so that little bit faster.

What do I see changing? Hopefully it'll thin out a lot of assassins, as basically there are far too many around, most of which don't have a clue about playing. (Yes this is a slightly snobbish comment, but it's the truth).

As for respec, well I'll be increasing MoP some more, increasing my resists (currently I have 8% average resist, before this patch comes in I'll have 28%), adding to endurance, dual wield chance, plenty more RAs

Finally, I'd like to apologise to everyone I have killed. I was only doing my job.

P

Pin

Originally posted by -nicolas-
Eh? Where did pin's post go :)

Someone forgot to log me out before posting... Anyways, what did I say? :p

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Pin

Pin, after that long story you seem like a decent person ( ; I don't even feel bad about you killing me while I was running away from Odin's amg with my wits half awake, nor that you managed even after a lvl 42 champ and a lvl 50 bard came to my aid :p

Btw so far I've not met a single infiltrator who I could even get below 50% before getting killed, because they hit so damned fast and I'm not the most careful player when I solo (actually, you could call me a crap dueller :p ).

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ensceptifica

Pin, after that long story you seem like a decent person ( ; I don't even feel bad about you killing me while I was running away from Odin's amg with my wits half awake, nor that you managed even after a lvl 42 champ and a lvl 50 bard came to my aid :p

Btw so far I've not met a single infiltrator who I could even get below 50% before getting killed, because they hit so damned fast and I'm not the most careful player when I solo (actually, you could call me a crap dueller :p ).

Well, I wasn't trying to fight you alone. I was grouped with 3 other people, but couldn't be arsed to type your name so I attacked anyway :p

The one thing I do hope is that when they say 'capped evade at 50%' I hope that's against an even con opponent. I would hate to have had the blue, rezz sick champ be able to hit me more than that.

P

Pin

PS. Whatever you re-roll, Katou's weapons are superior.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Ch@meleon
Omg do we have a bunch of fools running the show or what??? Hello? Mythic?

Why do you think nightshades have only leather armour?? We are told that our leather armour is so that we are light-weight and can therefore EVADE!!! What is the point in giving us leather armour (therefore being rubbish at taking hits) and then reduce our chance to not be hit?

Unless you've played an assassin, you fail to realise that if we dont stealth and pa from hidden, we're pretty much dead most of the time, even with high evade.
The assassin is overpowered? Why? Cos people get pa'd and die? That's the f***ing point of an assassin!! What should an assassin class be then? Just a crap tank who can hide if he doesnt want to die?
I despair, these people clearly have no idea wtf they are doing and listen too much to people moaning that an assassin popped out of stealth and killed them! Shock, horror! Surely not!

In my view assassins evade way to much in a fight with a yellow infil i swung my weapon 5 times and he evaded every swing. You should try and play a hunter if you think evade 7 and leather armour is bad. With IP and dodger the assassin class is over powered as NOTHING HITS THEM. Its about time you lot got nerfed to be brought into line the with the other classes.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Olgark

In my view assassins evade way to much in a fight with a yellow infil i swung my weapon 5 times and he evaded every swing. You should try and play a hunter if you think evade 7 and leather armour is bad. With IP and dodger the assassin class is over powered as NOTHING HITS THEM. Its about time you lot got nerfed to be brought into line the with the other classes.

I tested this today. Met a level 40 zerker in Odin's gate. Using Doublefrost he hit me on over 60% of swings, I evaded 5 and he missed 6. I was fully buffed and he had nothing.

Must be that I only have Dodger 2, I guess. But it's certain that things hit me.

Anyways, why did I roll an Infiltrator? Because I was very fucking annoyed that I couldn't even reach amg in Emain with my Theurgist without being machine gunned.

K

karlophin

Originally posted by Pin

Karlophin - well, nice new surname, did it feel special when you owned Alpha? Yes, the 800 perfs were nice high crits, but you don't really expect to live when you are in melee against a minstrel I am grouped with?

Heh my surname is a laugh, Alpha owns me like every time and its become a little joke in my guild. So its simply a bit of irony. And as far as expecting to live, no I didn't, the post was simply intended to ask how so much high dmg was acheived, cause, as you will admit, it was one hell of a nice hit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom