hehe assasin nerf official :D

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Eleasias
LOLLOLOOLLM omgogmoignktjntt _T_TT__TTT_:;T; ;; ;T;TT; :D So an *ARCHER* gets a JUMP on you and uses his *MAIN ATTACK* at range, with you being S I L L Y enough to charge them instead of running away, has an advantage over you ? hahhHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg :D hunter has evade 2, 10% add dodger 5, that's 25%, you telling me buffs would get you 25% more chance to evade?^^ (rangers got 5% more) This post probably sums up nicely how nerfed the "normal" archers are atm.

In amongst the insane rambling here ^^ the only time an assasin imo should fear see hidden is whe the scout is with a grp, if they ts u from long range and r solo just RUN the other way till ts is gone or u can find a safe place to hide, then go back and kill the bloody archer.

T

Tranquil-

Goddamnit Arthwyr, you seem to have so many misconceptions about archers I'm beginning to believe you whine about it because your flavour-of-the-month alt won't be as fail-safe as it was.

O

old.LandShark

What should have happened is that IP costs extra for assassins... would have been a worse nerf imho, they'd still all have had to have it and they would have had less points left over for dodger/MoP etc.

F

feinar

I read many topics on this board and on american VNBoards about this patch and cannot understand 1 thing: peoples say that if assasin kill tanks - its a wrong, unfair e.t. c. (i agree, its wrong btw). So if archers start to kill all assasins (or have a big chance to kill) - it is more fair and correct? I think assasins MUST (sorry for caps) kill the archers or mages when they soloing and MUST (sorry again) be killed by tanks. If not, so so keep us the chance to kill tanks too, like archers have chance to kill us.
Btw, i see that archers more than all others want this patch. Tanks too, but little less than archers, and only mages, assasins "prime targets", keep the silence...

Im not whining, just try to think logically.

PS: in patch 1.56c no full respec for assasins, only RA-respec. Poor shadowzerkers.

A

Azzaro-Ewolyn

Okay I am now starting to get tired of this...

First I play a Cleric, okay no good, tired of dying all the time, and after they was taking away my chances to do any dammages with smite, I desitet to play a infiltrater, and what does they do then... nerf them :-(

Okay what now, I know if I desite to make a new char, they will just nerf them 2, So what other clases will be nerfed next ?propaly the one I will chose.

You choise a class you like to play with the things they have,and what they can do, you are not chosing a char to see them nerfed

Azzaro level 47 Cleric
Ewolyn level 48 infiltrater

O

old.Odysseus

Assassins should kill archers IF they get the drop on them, not the other way around.

Assassins should kill casters IF they get the drop on them, not the other way around.

Archers should kill casters IF they get the drop on them, not the other way around.

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by Azzaro-Ewolyn
Okay I am now starting to get tired of this...

First I play a Cleric, okay no good, tired of dying all the time, and after they was taking away my chances to do any dammages with smite, I desitet to play a infiltrater, and what does they do then... nerf them :-(

Okay what now, I know if I desite to make a new char, they will just nerf them 2, So what other clases will be nerfed next ?propaly the one I will chose.

You choise a class you like to play with the things they have,and what they can do, you are not chosing a char to see them nerfed

Azzaro level 47 Cleric
Ewolyn level 48 infiltrater

smite clerics needed smite toning down, the pbaoe mezz nerf was shitty but smite was too powerful, ill give u the same advice as gawain, go play a hunter they will be godly. Your inf hasnt been nerfed its ben brought into line with the other classes, why do u think there are soo many tank assasins now compared to crit ones, cause IP+great melee+ stealth+ 50% chance to evade = uber char

J

jox

To Envenom

Envenom;
"personaly i think sbs suck i rarely loose a battle againts them now even today i beat an buffed sb when i had no buffs."

Ok, duel me then(pick time and place and I will be there:)

izindo@spray.se

O

old.anubis

archers were uber => lotsa archers => nerf
clerics were uber => lotsa clerics => nerf
assassins were uber => lotsa assassins => nerf
it's normal. mythic wants two things:
1. no solo players
2. zerg

i bet next will be skalds :p

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.anubis
i bet next will be skalds :p

the whine at the vnboards seems to point towards zerkers and enchanters atm.

T

tortilla

About time

Those assassins whining about this are the talentless, worthless no-good morons who don't know how to play their class. The same kind of nerds who used those helping wheels on their bikes years after us normal people learned how to ride.

Evade works like this: (((dex+qui)/2)-50)/10 + evade and dodger level. Fully buffed (say 300dex 230qui) with dodger3 that means a fucking 64.5% evading rate. An evading rate that doesn't decrease with multiple opponents, like block and parry do, and doen't have any penalties against 2-H or DW. Now it's capped at 50% which pretty much means that the cap will be reached without buffs and RAs. By removing IP it shows just how insanely overpowered they are because even without it they will still be overpowered. It's not over yet. These changes aren't enough.

O

old.Krusha

noone is 100% on that formula.. its just a formula thats striking close to the outputted effect ;).

but sanya said they will maybe release the details on how much dex/qui affects evade (i assume thats what she's talking about, as its the forumla of the month ;)

Q: Could we please get (insert formula here) to determine if I’m near my cap or not? I need to know because (insert good reason here).

A: I’m working on that for you. I know that’s not a good answer; honestly, the only reason it’s in the grab bag today is because I wanted everyone to know that I wasn’t ignoring the question!

as stated in the Grab bag

only time will tell

E

Envenom2

ye Osrim think your about the only infil that does own me on a regular basis but really i need to get PA in to beat a buffed infil if not il die :D

T

tortilla

Originally posted by old.Krusha
noone is 100% on that formula.. its just a formula thats striking close to the outputted effect ;).

That's the formula a mythic dev told a friend of mine on pendragon.

Y

yog-hurt

Originally posted by Envenom2
ye Osrim think your about the only infil that does own me on a regular basis but really i need to get PA in to beat a buffed infil if not il die :D

hmm i own you all the time envenom...

k ?

gimp

i.e. fightin you 1 on 1 and you a re buffed and im not -

Yog winz :p

S

Shaz][

Originally posted by Arthwyr

Pre nerf:
the range disadvantage, if we get spotted now by a hunter/ranger using truesight we have a chance = sprint to him before he gets 3 shots off, if he does, use ip and engage him in melee. Starting from the point of view you are both unbuffed the infil has an advantage because of better melee and better evade. Even if the ranger/hunter still has his ip up the infil will most likely win. Buffed, same thing it will only take longer.

Er, no, unless infi is buffed and evading like mad the infi will die. The ranger might need to purge poison or use ip due to poison but apart from that it's not an out and out infi win.

S

Shaz][

Originally posted by ab_fluid

if they ts u from long range and r solo just RUN the other way till ts is gone or u can find a safe place to hide, then go back and kill the bloody archer.

The beauty of a ranger speed shout :p

A

Arthwyr

and do u know what the funniest part of your post is, i played my mates skald and you actually killed me, so your a liar as well as a cry baby.

And you are an idiot for replying to posts you only read half. Classes that WILL be hard or almost impossible to kill with capped evade and without IP ... not classes that ARE hard to kill. Not to mention you not pressing your insta save your ass button and resting or running off.

Originally posted by Eleasias
LOLLOLOOLLM omgogmoignktjntt _T_TT__TTT_:;T; ;; ;T;TT; So an *ARCHER* gets a JUMP on you and uses his *MAIN ATTACK* at range, with you being S I L L Y enough to charge them instead of running away, has an advantage over you ? hahhHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg hunter has evade 2, 10% add dodger 5, that's 25%, you telling me buffs would get you 25% more chance to evade?^^ (rangers got 5% more) This post probably sums up nicely how nerfed the "normal" archers are atm.

1) sprinting to him or running from him depends on the distance you are from him when he starts shooting you if it takes longer to get out of range then to him I'll go for it running means im dead anyhow.
2)Ranger + dodger 5 30%evade base
Hunter + Dodger 5 25%evade base
Do I think if you can can get 20-25% extra evade buffed ... lets see ...
(((dex+qui)/2)-50)/10 + evade and dodger level. Fully buffed (say 300dex 230qui)
(((300+230)/2)-50)/10+25% (hunter) = 46.5% evade
(((300+230)/2)-50)/10+30% (ranger) = 51.5% evade so 50cap

Yes I think you can get 20% or more extra with decent buffs all the assassisn advantages are gone. Can a buffed assassin kill a buffed hunter/ranger when he has Ip up. you figure it out. And i do not MIND the archer killing me with his MAIN attack at range it bothers me I wont be able to kill the ARCHER as an ASSASSIN with MY main attack up close cause THE ARCHER (Someone who should and is good with a bow cause he trained all his life for it) can now OUTMELEE the ASSASSIN (someone who trained all his life to kill ppl with bows when he gets the drop on them but now he specced see hidden and is more skilled in tracking them then in killing them) so you can now beat me with both your PRIMARY AND SECONDARY attack. Congratulations mythic another DUMB nerf instead of fixing the source of all the grief being buffbots

All the ppl slagging and cheering the assassin nerf here are ppl who have been nerfed before, griefing about their numerous deaths of the hands of buffed assassins or who just heard someone say something about a class they never played and are now making all kind of assumptions before reading about it a bit and more important having played the class a bit. I look forward to reading your posts the day they swing the nerfbat over your head.

A

Arthwyr

The most laughable has to be a healer beating you in melee?

Nope never happened if the perf is missed they insta you and run off but it can take a long time to kill em if they have all the instas up by that time usualy adds show up. Any kill that takes too long is a serious hazard in modern RvR as there is always someone around to jump in on it. At least pre patch you could IP to finnish the job. Same for droods remember one guy mallus me and another guy being stuck do a druid and we stuck to him from beetle log almost to the first slope hitting him before he went down. insta insta insta bah imagine soloing that guy would take you over 2 minutes to beat up on him. And no I don't hide in corners I go for any solo player i see buffed, unbuffed IP or no IP, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I do have a problem with someone putting me in a position where its most likely to lose.

And again read all before you reply

As for targets taht will become hard/impossible to kill (remember affter all we did lvl an assassin)

Maybe its my poor english but it did say WILL BECOME hard/impossible as in future ...
So plz if you are not willing to take the time reading what someone posts then don't bother to reply.

A

amphetamine

I look forward to reading your posts the day they swing the nerfbat over your head.
=============================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.34 Release Notes
November 1, 2001

PROTECTING AGAINST ARCHERS

We've heard of a lot of confusion and dismay about the relative power of archer classes in PvP, especially against Mages. For those who aren't aware, "Bladeturn" spells (which Theurgists, Wardens, and Runemasters receive) work against arrows (as well as any other type of non-magical attack as well). Bladeturn spells nullify an attack - and can be cast on any player. It would behoove a group going into PvP to have bladeturn protection spells on all their spellcasters.

A NOTE ON SHIELD USE

If you are a shield user, you have always been able to block arrows with your shield; however, we never properly documented how to do this. Here's the scoop:

To use a shield to block arrows:

a) Enter combat mode
b) Face in the direction of the archer
c) To dramatically increase you block chances, use the Engage skill, if you have it.

The base chance to block a same-level archer is 30%, if your shield specialization is maxed for your level this can reach 60%. Quality and condition act as modifiers to this chance, if your skill-based chance was 50%, your Shield had a quality of 90% and a condition of 88%, then your actual chance to block would be 40%.

Using the Engage skill gives a base 95% chance to block arrows fired by your target. How many archers you can block attacks from is determined by the size of the shield, the same as Melee targets. You can Engage one archer and still get normal blocking chances against other archers you are facing, if you have a Medium or Large shield. Essentially, Engage works exactly the same against arrows as it does against melee attacks.

---------------------------------------------
Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.35 Release Notes
November 8, 2001

- Archer classes now have a chance of becoming visible when they nock their arrow. The way it worked up until now is that archers would always be invisible if they were using stealth until they fired their bow. Now, a skill check is performed when they "nock" their arrow. If they fail the check, they become visible. The chance to become visible is based on their specialization in Stealth. On normal (i.e. NOT critical shots), if they are 50% specc'ed in stealth, they will have a 50% chance of becoming visible; if they are 100% specc'ed, they will have a 100% chance of remaining hidden. On Critical Shots, the chance is the same as a normal shot, minus 20% - so an archer max specced in stealth will have an 80% of remaining hidden after nocking his bow. Please note that in all cases, an archer will become visible once the shot is actually fired.

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.37c Release Notes
December 4, 2001
- Added "nearsight" line to Runemaster Runes of Suppression list (Suppress Sight), Matter Manipulation (Cab matter spec,
Encrust Eyes) list, and Eldritch Shadow Control list (changed old dex debuff line to Negate Coordination, and Negate Sight
line is the nearsight spell). Nearsight reduces the range at which spells can be cast and arrows fired by a percentage. This
is a "harrying" type spell that should give casters a non-damaging counter to archers.

The Legendary Good News and Bad News
from Sanya Thomas
2001-12-06 18:58:20
There is a bug with archery. I want to make it clear that no reduction in damage was intended, and that the problems a
limited number of archers are experiencing are in no way intentional. The trouble is, the problem is intermittent, and
therefore extremely difficult to pin down. The problem seems to be that sometimes arrows just... don't land. We cannot
duplicate the problem with artificially created characters, nor can we always duplicate it with live characters. A whole
bunch of you volunteered your characters (thank you!!!) with the problem for us to test, and even that didn't end up helping.
For instance, one character we test drove had the problem. We logged her out, went to get another programmer to take a look,
logged her back in... and the problem was gone.

======================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.39 Release Notes
Tuesday, December 18, 2001
- You'll now see arrows fly through the air when an archer fires at a target. When the arrow hits the target, the arrow
sticks in the target for a couple of seconds letting the target know the rough direction from which the arrow was fired.

Last Night's (12/18) Region Crashing Issue
from Sanya Thomas
2001-12-19 14:20:43
This patch, we introduced code that allowed archers to be interrupted after they had drawn and held the arrow, but before
they actually fired. Last night, if another player happened across an archer at that point in the firing process and
successfully interrupted him, the region would crash. This is why some servers seemed to have more crashes than others, yet
some servers experienced no problems at all. It was NOT related to server load, or population.

====================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.44 Release Notes
Tuesday, January 29, 2002
- We removed range restriction from pets in Defend mode. Now they can go after archers autonomously.

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.45 Release Notes
February 7, 2002
- The Detect Hidden ability was changed to increase the range at which Nightshades, Shadowblades, and Infiltrators (the only
classes that receive Detect Hidden) can detect other hidden players.

- In our buff system overhaul of last version, we introduced a bug that we must take steps to fix. The effect of Quickness
buffs increased overall player damage per second far more than same-level strength and dexterity buffs (thus removing the
need to have strength and dexterity buffs in some cases). So, we've reduced the effectiveness of quickness buffs by 10-15%
(depending on the level of the spell). This change will affect all melee and archer characters who have Quickness buffs cast
on them. You will notice that you attack a little slower now than you used to when your Quickness is buffed.

ARCHER CHANGES

We are making several archer changes in this version. In short, archers are too powerful in RvR combat, but feel they don't
have enough to offer in group-based monster hunting. We have spent a lot of time testing this in-house over the last week, as
well as analyzing player and tester feedback, and have come to the conclusion that archers can kill higher-level players far
more easily than we ever intended. Currently, low-40's archers can two-shot kill 50th level mages (who are red or purple to
the archer), which is far too powerful. The testing also found that archers were not as effective fighting monsters in groups
as we designed the classes. This version takes steps to correct both these problems.

- Archers no longer receive a to-hit bonus against sitting opponents. Low level archers could previously crit shot much
higher level sitting targets - ones they normally could not hit at all if the target was standing.

- We've lessened the damage that Critical Shots do against higher-level player targets. Against same-level or lower enemy
players, your critical shots will do exactly the same damage they always have. However, against higher-level enemy players,
your damage will be less, depending on how much higher the player is than you. Please note that this change does not affect
critical shot damage versus monsters at all - the change only effects RvR combat.

================================
Archer Bug Discovered
from Matt Firor
2002-02-07 19:14:24
================================
Since Sanya's much smarter than I and has left for the evening, I'm posting this notice. We've found a bug that causes
non-max specialized archers to do FAR less damage than they should be with Critical Shots against both monsters and enemy
players. If an archer is max-specialized in their bow skill, they probably wouldn't have noticed this, but anyone who was
less than max specced in bow is noticing right now that they are doing much less damage than they should be. Please note that
this bug affects Critical Shot only - not regular bow shots. We'll have this bug fixed and up on the live servers for you
tomorrow morning, and we apologize for the inconvienence this has caused.

A

amphetamine

lol two parts cause the post couldnt handle the total amount of nerfs

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.45C Release Notes
- Archers who did not max-specialize in Critical Shot were doing far less damage than they should have been when performing a
Critical Shot against monsters or enemy players. This has been fixed. Remember, however, in 1.45 we reduced in general the
amount of Critical Shot damage against higher-level enemies. This bug fix does not affect that change.

===================================
Friday Grab Bag
from Sanya Thomas
2002-02-08 19:39:35
===================================
Q: Why have archers been whacked with the nerf bat so hard?

A: Well, three things – one, barring the unforeseen that’s the last of the major adjustments, and two, some of that nerf pain
was NOT on purpose, it was a bug (category two, by the definition of our priorities mentioned above) – see that patch note
marked 1.45C posted by Matt Firor early this morning. I’m really sorry about that. So is everyone here – that’s why we took
the servers down this morning to fix it.

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.46 Release Notes
- Archers will no longer see tenths of seconds when readying arrows. We never intended archers to see their timer on such an
intimate level - it was initially set that way for balancing and debugging purposes in beta, and was never changed. Please
note that all other timers in the game (spell timers, ability timers, etc.) print in seconds, not tenths of seconds. PLEASE
NOTE THAT WE DID NOT INCREASE DRAW TIMES OR IN ANY WAY CHANGE DRAW TIMES IN THIS PATCH. We changed only the way that this is printed to you.

SOMEONE CALL THE WAAAAMMMBBUUULLLAAANNNCCCEE FOR ARTHWYR

A

Arthwyr

hmmm first of all LOL at ialkarn for posting this.

I dont know for other infiltrators but I for one have never been able to solo 3 casters. You can perf cd one, kill a 2nd when he isnt paying attention but the 3rd one will certainly root/stun you and nuke you to death in 2 hits. Ofcourse you never played anything but a dumb tank (not generalising probably its just you who is dumb wich your post kinda proves anyhow) and you only came here to whine about how buffed sbs own you. Sorry if that assumption is wrong.

As for the infil nerf. WIth it infils wont be able to kill one of the classes they were set out to kill for anymore --> hunters, rangers
(I'm now gonna explain this a bit further for ppl like my good friend ialkarn before he expresses his love for me again in one of his charming posts)

Thats not what I wrote you cut out a part between "hmmm first of all" and "I dont know ..." Therefore giving a twisted meaning to the entire quote if its too hard for you to copy and paste something and then adding quotes to it go bug someone else. Btw Aren't you the guy that ran away from the runie you attacked when he was at 10% health to hit the tank ?

One more thing amphetamine you conveniantly PARTIALY quoted me again in your stupid patch note post

All the ppl slagging and cheering the assassin nerf here are ppl who have been nerfed before, griefing about their numerous deaths of the hands of buffed assassins or who just heard someone say something about a class they never played and are now making all kind of assumptions before reading about it a bit and more important having played the class a bit. I look forward to reading your posts the day they swing the nerfbat over your head.

Guess where that puts you.

A

amphetamine

if i ever did that it would be to slam a tank attacking a caster/healer u wouldnt know your too busy re-rolling the flavour of the month ^^

O

Olgark

Ok Hunters can't kill
mages ( includes all none healing types of spellcasters )
heros
clerics
druids
Infiltrators
Nightshades
Paladins
Friars
Mercenaries
oooohhh to hell with it basicaly they can't kill anything from the other realms unless its from a distance. The hardest class to kill out of the game is a PBT spellcaster, as our bows are on a 3 sec timer (average time chosen I know some can shot faster) and a shroter range so when we shoot at a spellcaster we are already in spell range. On the melee front now that is a laugh, I am specced at 39 +9 in spear and a cleric hits me for the same damage as what I can do back but the clerics hammer is one handed and so hits faster than my spear. It is very rare that I manage to kill any class solo that is the same level as me ( level 50).

I have even meleed vs a infiltrater (sp) when he was in combat against a healer, the healer died then the Infil that was at half health meleed me to death and I was at full health. So no the infil dont need to get the drop on a hunter to kill them, and my point is that we are meant to be the melee archers of the three realms and can't even beat a infil 2 vs 1 .

I also agree that there are way to many assassins from Midgard and Albion. Not seen many Nightshades though not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing seeing as they seem to be the quiet ones.

E

Envenom2

no yog u normaly beat me when ur buffed and im not fact really when i beat you ur buffed and im buffed and your running from apk to amg like someone on a holiday lol ur not a good infil certainly not up there with the best anyway lol.

And guess what your not on my 3 most wanted to kill list hahah

A

ab_fluid

no yog u normaly beat me when ur buffed and im not fact really when i beat you ur buffed and im buffed and your running from apk to amg like someone on a holiday lol ur not a good infil certainly not up there with the best anyway lol.

And guess what your not on my 3 most wanted to kill list hahah

Jesus man u REALLY REALLY suck, why would Yog wanna be on ur most wanted list lol, + afaik yog's been 50 for hmm 3weeks maybe and has got over 800k rp's in that time which is definately not bad going + he solo's too sometiems which is a major rareity for any steath class nowadays. Can't believe that crap u posted was meant t actually offend Yog. lol

T

Tranquil-

2)Ranger + dodger 5 30%evade base
Hunter + Dodger 5 25%evade base
Do I think if you can can get 20-25% extra evade buffed ... lets see ...
(((300+230)/2)-50)/10+25% (hunter) = 46.5% evade
(((300+230)/2)-50)/10+30% (ranger) = 51.5% evade so 50cap

Scout/Ranger at lvl 50:
Evade3: 15%

Hunter at lvl 50:
Evade2: 10%

Assassin at lvl 50:
Evade7: 35%

Now who the hell has dodger 5?

Take the classes straight out of the box and this will be the case:

Buffed:
Ranger/scout: 36.5%
Hunter: 31.5%
Assassin: 56.5%

Unbuffed Infiltrator(considering 70pts total dex/qui at start(briton 10dex/qui), 168qui capped at 50, 190dex capped at 50):

35% + 13% = 48%

This is unbuffed without ANY dodger with a statplacement not configured allout offensively. Dodger 1 and you're capped with 51%.

Unbuffed Ranger/Scout(considering same stats as above infil)
28%
Unbuffed Hunter(same stats as inf above(would mean a kobold's base stats)
23%

If this formula is correct you can quit using dodger and spec something else. Archers still have to specc dodger. This will give people the right to hit you more even if you are buffed, but both buffed and unbuffed you will do more damage than you used to because of freed up RA points. You will kill faster the classes you can, but not the classes you shouldn't be able to kill with regularity as you have been doing while buffed.

A buffed assassin should be close to a group anyway. So why you need all that extra evade for in a group when you have backup I don't know. Now buffs won't help evade which forces you to rely more on strike attacks than drawn out melee.

O

osrim

Gosh

Well actually yesterday night I was coming to amg then saw u and your friend beating some alb there. Heh, your friend run stright to me. Got your friend and while fighting him u PA'd me, did whole chain I think? I ip'd after that and got fa and bountystone heal left. But crap was really disapointted that alb fg came there and ruin fight, didnt had time to say not interrupt us. :/ Just when things were getting really intresting, though I was out of endurance at that point too but think u didnt have much left too.

Had similar fight with Korv and other sb too but mid fg came and ruined it. :/

C

Cowled

<drool>

Imagine a SB attack a polearmsman ...

You hit and the SB evaded!
You hit and you hit the little SB for 500 dmg
You make critical damage for 300dmg
S/S, you hit the SB for 300dmg..
The SB died and his corpes is on the ground...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom