Hearthstone

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One of the first tips:
Assuming you want to get legend immediately since the only thing holding you down in the rank 45's is your low card base, the best option would be spending $25 on Naxxramas

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Assuming you want to get legend immediately"

Maybe not your best argument :p

Unless your argument is "i want to get to legend rank straight away with no money used and no effort either!"

It took me 15 minutes on ze america server(including tutorial) to put together a viable mage deck to ladder climb. That's with nothing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Assuming you want to get legend immediately"
I don't even know what legend is ;)

I just dislike the fact that it's a game where money can make a material difference to your end-chances. I'd rather have a level playing field and a single payment - I'd probably have paid £20 for it if that was the case, but I resent paying when I know some sad cunt can come along, whack £500 down (because he's got no life) and be "better" than me.

That goes against my whole gaming ethos. If it wasn't for that I think it'd be a very enjoyable game...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The thing is, he won't necessarily be "better" then you. You still need skill to win even with all the cards you got.

Don't get hung up on the offchance that someone has a few legendaries 'cause at the end of the day those big cards won't make the difference. You'll more likely lose to rng bullsh*t and topdecking :p If it helps, think of the guy who plops 500 on cards as a guy who's just played longer then you. Because that's entirely possible and more likely as well when you meet an "op" opponent.

Honestly it's like any other collectible card game where you join the game after others have played it for nearly 2 years. Ofcourse there will be opponents who are better geared and skilled.

It is an enjoyable game and i've enjoyed it plenty, but you do need a thick skin to take losses.

FYI; legend is the legendary rank past the 20 ladder stages. That's the "endgame" so to speak, so when the article speaks of needing to buy stuff, it's only if your only goal is to get to legendary rank asap. You don't need money at all to get there, nor do you need money to be competitive.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hardly, that's not a feature most players can accomplish. Not you and me, for sure.

Heh yeah, not for everyone, but it can be done if you have the talent. Which is what i kind of passed on earlier; skill still rules.

Even if rng screws skill in the arse with a big stinky stick :p

I do the same, have some fun, run an arena or two, test out decks and sometimes try to boost my rank. Smetimes i can waste a whole day in there just messing around.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah and often you count it as such when you're holding jaraxxus, getting most of it.

Risk vs reward, if you had that 1 damage more then you'd won, you didn't and he took the risk and it payed off.

Same as the 35 damage image i posted last page, for it to work it meant the paladin didn't have any aoe the previous turn.

You're applying your critique in a non-evidence based thinking way :p

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah and often you count it as such when you're holding jaraxxus
And to hold him (and a load of other cards he had) you either have to give up your life to the grind or spend a lot of cash.

As I said:
Casual player has no hope

You're discounting evidence because you don't like the P2W implication. Maybe your future career as a game designer has a lot of microtransactions of that nature built in to a game but there's no denying that cash massively distorts this game.

I'd pay - for an even playing field.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just play the game first, invest a month or two in it, now you're just poking your head in and going "F*ck this, too many people with more cards then me" to a community that's been around for almost over a year.

I'm discounting nothing, i'm saying you should probably put some effort in. Have you even unlocked all heroes/basic cards yet? Or did you play one casual game after the tutorial and quit?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just play the game first, invest a month or two in it, now you're just poking your head in and going "F*ck this, too many people with more cards then me" to a community that's been around for almost over a year.
Meh. Been playing on or off since launch. Got a couple of hundred wins under my belt and slowly been building / disenchanting shit for a single character (Mage) on a non-pay basis. Under all the shit is a great game just waiting to get out.

People pay for an advantage. Otherwise they wouldn't pay.

Pay. To. Win.

Or why pay?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People pay for an advantage. Otherwise they wouldn't pay.

Pay. To. Win.

Or why pay?

I don't think you grasp the idea behind a CCG :p

This is a free CCG, with free cards, and free gold to buy mroe cards. It's actually a lot better then a regulat MtG or some such. Key element; it's free.

You're also applying your logic and your preference into everyone playing and the possibility of bought cards into a scenario where it's not necessarily the case.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyhoo, if you've played that much you'll know if you want to play or not. Should have enough stuff to play casual though. Can't be casually competitive afterall ;)

In other news;

If you go to arena as a druid, with 2 innervates, 3 swipes, draw, bounce, 2x naturalize and a bunch of solid minions it's great :D Went 9-3, 250 gold, 90 dust and a bouncing blade(+dust) from the pack.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Come on then @old.Tohtori. What's so horribly wrong with my wankmage:
wankmage.jpg
+2 flamestrike on the bottom of that too...
:)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pretty much depends what you want to do with it. But as a general rule, only really situational combos(wit little benefit) like only having 1x kirin tor with 1x secret doesn't work most the time. If you for example drop kirin+spellbender, you can put two manawyrms in for more "value", which in turn would benefit from dropping giblin and lil exo for something like 2x counterspells.

I can run that deck tomorrow and with a few games tweak it, much easier then going through one by one :p

If you're not playing a themedeck for fun(such as mech-x, or secrets galore), then it's usually good to ask "if i replace x with y, will it give me a more consistent value.

In short; it's not bad, it just needs a bit more focus and value ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fun and challenging to create a deck when you don't know other persons cards and try to keep it "in theme" and budget :D

Will test more tomorrow before i pop it here(hs deemed to crash for today), but it could work at "lower"(20-18) rank atleast.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
@Scouse i did a bit of tweaky, the toshley is just a plceholder for your illidan(yours is better for this deck, didn't have one :p)
doesanyonereadthese.jpg

Kept the echo, blood and crusaders as well as enhanco. Kind of the "win condition" in many cases. Took out some weaker combos and added things like chillwinds/archmages. The two snowchuggers should be cheap enough(common i think) and the wyrms are basic stuff.

Kept ooze just in case there's a big weapon, save it in hand etc or if the opponent doesn't have weapons(priest, druid, mage) then play it when you have extra mana.

Otherwise, chuggers and cheap stuff on board at start, keep board control and save scarlet/blood combos for turn 6 and so on, use echo of medivh when you can copy suitably and all in all play control. In one game i didn't do damage to the enemy hero until turn 14 or something, just kept his board clear and prepared.

I would add another echo, maybe take out archmages and add legendaries/another enhanco. Actually yeah, another enhanco and another echo, drop the archmages. But yeah, that should work as a budget deck of sorts. Ofcourse upgrade as cards come available, such as getting antofireballidis.

Disclaimer; this is not optimal and i'm not a professional :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Did an arena run, got most my gold back(even with just 3/3) and then this happened;

lege.jpg

Which was nice :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Went through first wing of blackrock, fast and fun and fun cards.

Grim guzzler; 3/3, when it survives damage summon another 3/3 grim guzzler.

Warrior. Deaths bite deals 1 to all minions when it breaks. Summoning another grim guzzler. Whirlwind deals 1 to all. See where this is going? Board full of guzzlers on turn 7 :D

Added the usual enrage/when takes damage minions and oh boy it's kicking arse.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seems there's new quests in HS. Got one today Watch and learn: "watch a friend win a game in spectator mode", gives you a pack of cards o_O

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just finished first wing of blackwing on heroic, jesus h christ...

Won the arena due to mirror entity and the opponent throwing down deathwing, while i had poly in hand.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Apparently it works really well as....well. If nothing else on the phone it's a good quality time waster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom