Hearthstone

babs

Can't get enough of FH
How irritating, I searched for 'hearthstone' and 'hearth stone' before I made this thread.

Nothing to see here, move along.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
How irritating, I searched for 'hearthstone' and 'hearth stone' before I made this thread.

Nothing to see here, move along.

tumblr_melif5gGVQ1r7a2bao1_400.gif

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*plays magical card of merging*

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had a quick spin on this yesterday, it's ok if you're after a time sink but it isn't exactly incredible. Bottom line of most battles seemed to be if you could keep enough damage dealing points on the board you could cut down your opponent.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Been playing this for some days now, and I have to say that I really enjoy it! :) Tho I did not have the patience to play it the free way and have bought countles of decks :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Played maybe 100-150 matches. It's OK, not brilliant but surprisingly morish to me.

Despite what Toht says it's definitely P2W tho - a significant proportion of ranked matches you come up against this guy:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0-OL_71yU

He's bought a bazillion packs, disenchanted everything and twinked a card set up to unbelieveable levels.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Despite what Toht says it's definitely P2W tho

Nope. Definetaly not P2W, unless you count the definition of P2W that is solely used in internet whines with no knowledge of the term :p

I can win over 50% of my ranked games with just soulbound cards and i've fought againt a hefty amount of twinky decks. Ofcourse the difference is that i know how to play the game ;)

Some of the best cards in game(counting meta as well) are given to you from the start.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nope. Definetaly not P2W, unless you count the definition of P2W that is solely used in internet whines with no knowledge of the term :p

Or could it be that, being an occasional game developer you've an vested interest in a business model and feel the need to protect it? According to you nothing is pay to win...
Upton Sinclair said:
It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!

Hmmm. Methinks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Arena = skill
Free for all/random match - pay2win

enough said.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We've been over it, but you're still wrong :p

You don't have to pay a penny to be the best in hearthstone(as proven by one of the best players).
You don't have to use any expert cards(from packs) to reach rank 10 and above.
You CAN come up against people with "op" cards, like you would if they didn't sell cardpacks.

There is no advantage you can buy with money alone, you CAN be put up against a better player/better deck.

P2W is just a word people like to throw around when they get butthurt, or don't know how else to whine about something. I could name several reasons why hearthstone is bad, but P2W is not one of them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Being 100% right is the best I can do. Yep.

And you manage to fail the only thing you think you're good at. Well done.

But if you insist;

Or could it be that, being an occasional game developer you've an vested interest in a business model and feel the need to protect it? According to you nothing is pay to win...

I don't support free to play models.
Most the time free to play models are completely wrong and out of date(especially ports from the ios market, where this kind of thing is the norm)
I make 0 cash from free to play, even if i was making a free to play game. My job is to design games(what i get paid to do), what that game is or isn't is irrelevant. No one on the game dev team sees any of the profits.

So yeah, 100% wrong on that alone. I don't even like it, let alone protect it.

So far you two have put forward 0 evidence of P2W, only even remotely close is Bloods "buy cards and DE" argument, which is not a pay to win element, but a pay to advance faster element.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not P2W if you spend your life playing it but seeing as Blizzard are counting on most people not to do that, then its pretty much P2W

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd say its P2A (Pay 2 Advance) if anything. You don't have to spend a dime, but if you do, that's a whole world of difference.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pretty much that. It's just a way to skip the grind(wich is fine) and it has nothing to do with matchmaking.

The fact you earn gold so slow is ofcourse the paygate(aka bullsh*t) for some(especially those wanting to compete), but the game has to earn somehow and as such it's a fine -free- game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quite, though that comes around with a lot of other cards too. I love dropping malygos at 9 and if they don't deal with it frostbolt, frostbolt, icelance, icelance, rage, i win :D

Or alternatively turn 10 faceless manip -> double malygos -> 16 damage fireball (+ arcane missiles for 13 random for good measure).

Not to mention with sorcerers apprentice or two, oh boy, the amount of damage you can lay out is ridicilous.

I had a good week with "free" packs(daily money); golden malygos, another malygos (had one previously before the golden) and 3-4 epics.

Well on my way to a full golden mage deck.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
love pally deck tbh, no matter what card you roll excluding secrets - Equality + Consecration is funny to play, especially when/if someone has max minions on the field, pretty devastating combination.

old.Osy

I like the Priest, personally, it can kite enemy minions until reaching 9-10, save Inner Fire and Divine Spirits, shock the enemy with doubling the HP of a minion, then applying Inner Fire, end of game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
hate fighting hunters tbh, such an easymode deck/class. beasts! ok throw more beasts!... more beasts! loliwin

old.Osy

It can only have 2 cards that spawn random beasts. The real menace of the hunter are his class cards, combined with secrets. A Hunter playing with very little class cards becomes very easy to kill.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My hunter deck has 0 beasts though. 2x gadget auctioneers, 2 secretkeepers, ysera(just for flavor) and that's it on the minion part :p

More based on control with spells and secrets and then bows ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom