Hearthstone

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So I am pretty settled on hunter now, should I DE all my other class packs? Can I do the dailies with non custom decks? Been dabbling in a bit of shaman and warlock but not as much fun (I also don't win as much!)

DE what I can and create a few rares?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You cn do the dailies without any effort, probably with the pre-made decks. Just takes more time. Hunter should be fine with basic cards/class cards you get for free.

As said before, i wouldn't DE anything unless it's extra(have 2), because it's a complete waste and you never know what you want to play tomorrow.

Rarity also doesn't equal good. If you need a certain type of deck(lik esomething with feign death), then that's what's best.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Considering how hard it is to get cards, I would not DE anything, unless it's of course extra cards.

My mage is 60, has been for a long time, i used to get cards by running my daily quests for gold, then purchasing packs with gold.

Now, I do the daily quests and get to the arena as soon as i have the entry fee in gold.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, moved over to arena now as its much more rewarding, I also quite enjoy it as a challenge. Extreme RNG at times though, had some terrible decks and some really good decks.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
How challenging are you finding the arena compared to ranked @Raven ? I want to go that way but I keep feeling I should practise more first so I don't blow all my hard won gold and then lose every match.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its a little easier than rank 20 which is as far as I have got in ranked. Best run is 7 wins. You get 3 lives and a pack of cards even if you win nothing. You also win gold or dust the further you get.

It gives you a random pick of 3 heroes then presents you with 30 choices between 3 random cards to build a deck. I would give it a go and see. Worst comes to the worst you get a pack.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Its a little easier than rank 20 which is as far as I have got in ranked. Best run is 7 wins. You get 3 lives and a pack of cards even if you win nothing. You also win gold or dust the further you get.

It gives you a random pick of 3 heroes then presents you with 30 choices between 3 random cards to build a deck. I would give it a go and see. Worst comes to the worst you get a pack.

You always get something extra as well, even if you lose 3. I think the minimum is pack + random reward(20ish dust, 20ish gold, or a random card).

It's a great option since it equalises everyone to same level and you gain stuff worth the 50 extra gold even if you fail horribly.

Only issue for new players is that you get a GvG pack from arena and there's a lot of good cards in bsic packs. So have to kind of sort of weigh what you want.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The nice thing about arena is that you don't have to play all your games in one session, you can do a couple then leave it for a bit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, i use it as a dailydump really. Wait until i get the right dailies, choose a hero, then stop playing arena when the daily si done and return when another fitting daily comes along.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Watched somebody play this on Twitch. Looked interesting.

Easy to pick up as a beginner?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, can play against the PC while you figure it out, then its just a case of collecting cards and building a deck, as you play you come up with some pretty good combos and whatnot.

old.Osy

I love it when a good plan comes together.

ddeQRkr[1].png

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I too love it, especially considering only the only card on board that i had in my deck is the northshire cleric :p

thief.jpg

Mage playing a legendary deck against my thief priest.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just made Rank 15. Kinda tempted to tap out for the season as I've got a feeling that the last win was lucky (all my cards came out in *exactly* the right order - and the opponent was stacking a fuckload of epics that in any ordinary fight would have had me lose in about 3 moves).

Meh. We'll see. I'll be back down to rank 20 by tomorrow night :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Unless you hit something like rank 5, it doesn't really matter what rank you hit during a season as you don't get enough stars to really get anywhere. I think you get to like 18 if you hit 10, which is nothing tbh :p

old.Osy

5-3 arena run yesterday, I got cocky and made huge mistakes in the last 2 games :( My record stands at 6 arena wins

Had a pseudo-aggro Paladin deck with Dr Boom in, 2x consecration, Blessings, Avenging Wrath, etc. Worked out pretty well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Unless you hit something like rank 5, it doesn't really matter what rank you hit during a season as you don't get enough stars to really get anywhere.
A) I don't know what stars do.

B) It's kinda less reason to play the game that. :\

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stars are what ranks are made of :p

Yeah, that's why ranked is "just the place to play" and casual is a testing ground(if you're worried about your rank).

Just the goal oflegendary rank(past rank 1) and that's about it. It's a cardgame, not really about "goals" as such.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Getting so bored of waiting for special needs idiots to finish their turn. cba with it anymore until they introduce a speed game mode.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Got enough dust to craft myself a myrmirons head. There's better legendaries(like rag and dr boom etc), but f*ck that, it's worth it just for the hyperanime cutscene when it procs and turns to voltron :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Game is starting to get really wank now, everyone is just piling on direct damage/charge cards, its quite sad really.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you can get through the wanklevels, up to 14+, they start to be more rare. MEta is meta ofcourse and people try, but the sad fact is that most of the wankplayers get left in the 20 range to annoy everyone else :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
had about 9 games yesterday, at least 7 of them were face decks with stacked DD, mage, warlock, huntards - running stuff like arcane golem, faceless etc, so zzzzzz

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just seen the most retarded thing ever :p

Thought Steal -> Nefarion -> Unstable Portal -> Piloted Sky Golem -> Piloted Shredder -> Haunted Creeper - i'm so done lol.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You should play against me Blood, if i get my draw and such i do even worse stuff :p

Got a ragequit from a facehunter when i dropped on turn 5; mimirons head, target dummy, target dummy...wait for it....stealth all. Turn 6 a 12/8 with quadwindfury with 2 cold bloods :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I was messing around with a stealth druid deck, it was quite fun :p when they can't clear the board due to stealth, I had 2 Panthers 2 Tigers 1 Gilbin and 2 Worgens, he cried when I popped 2 savage roars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom