Hearthstone

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finally they have removed their fingers from their arse and put it on phones.
Fuck me - runs like a megadog on my SGS3.

3 minutes waiting for it to fucking load up and waiting...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually - once it's loaded it runs OK... We'll see how it runs on a *really* bad internet connection in my faraday cage office tomorrow...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually - once it's loaded it runs OK... We'll see how it runs on a *really* bad internet connection in my faraday cage office tomorrow...

Yeah HS has a rather large initial load. Even i notice it on my PC, sluggish menus etc, but it does smooth out.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Either having a really good day, or my demonlock deck works like a charm. Went from 3 star 16 to 2 star 10 rank in one winstreak.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Playing the odd game on my phone now, entertaining enough.

But fucking hell, people like to play slow. taking 30 seconds to pick a random minion card, really is piss annoying.

I might stick to playing the NPC.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah there's a new, albeit small, influx of people who play their turn and then just wait the turn out.

When i meet one of those i like to return the favour. Just play my turn and watch some other internetsy stuff. They quickly start to end their turn in a reasonable time :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah I met one earlier when I went on a ciggie break so just left my phone on my desk and got on with some work. Just using the class ability at the last moment on each hand.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Whats the deal with the adventures? Just do the daily quests until you have enough to unlock each wing? Seems a bit steep to pay £17 for each dungeon/raid/whatever.

Is there any other way to win tokens? Just win battles and do daily quests?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Adventures are the dlc's really, naxx and blackrock, you play through them and get cards. 700g per wing, or just buy it(as it's free to play).

Not sure what you mean by tokens, but here's a list of "hidden" gold rewards. DAilys ofcourse work as one would expect.

Complete a game in play mode – Award: 1 booster pack
Unlock every hero – Award: 100 gold
Get any class to level 10 – Award: 1 booster pack
Win 100 games in any mode – Award: 300 gold
Win 1,000 games in any mode – Award: 300 gold
Defeat all expert AI – Award: 100 gold
Disenchant a card – Award: 95 Arcane Dust
Enter the arena – Award: Free arena entry
Own every pirate card – Award: Captain’s Parrot
Own every golden pirate card – Award: Golden Captain’s Parrot
Own every Murloc card – Award: Old Murk-Eye
Own every golden Murloc card – Award: Golden Old Murk-Eye
Make a real money purchase in the game – Award: Golden Gelbin Mekkatorque (beta only)
Collect every card in the basic set (all classes to level 10) – Award: 100 gold
Collect every card in the expert set – Award: 100 gold

Casually playing i wouldn't waste gold on packs, but use it on arena. Most the time you get more value from there even if it's 150(since you get a pack anyway and possibly extra rewards).

I do my dailies in arenas(try to match the arena char to my dailies), usually works out well and can run an arena every day.

If you mean token cards, then unlock the class by playing against it(practise mode works i think), then by levelling that class you get more cards.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I meant gold = tokens :p

Thanks for info

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also worht reading through this thread as i think the rest of "help" is somewhere in there :p

For a good while i'd just play the heroes, get the feel, unlock all the free cards you get from them and not waste gold. Then pick something you like to play(or if you just like arenasa) and see what you want to do before just wasting gold(or disenchanting/crafting) on random stuff you might not need.

But in all honesty, i went with what i liked to do, be it buying packs or arenas. In the end if you don't use any money it's all free.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is why i love this game, screw meta and netdecks, my current winstreak is on this :D

Chickan.jpg

Rank 15 chicken deck! They never see it coming. The guy actually ragequit.

Only minions in the deck are two chickens and the 4 eggs(dragon/nerubian). Others are all the buffs(+1/+2/+4 and taunt etc), starfall, wrath(can use to enrage chicken :p), get mana cards, soul of the forest/poison seeds, savage roar and dark whispers(for more buffs/minions).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bought the nax pack for something to play on the bog. Got raped by the npc :) think I need to put a proper deck together now. Still running my 1st one from when it came out.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the expansions are better when you have less cards. I just plow through them because, answers :p

Could always hop on american servers to try, but i just know that if i open any packs there i'd get stuff i really want on EU server.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stringing a few wins together now, quite enjoying it.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I started playing this at the weekend. It's good fun so far but I don't think I'll be playing it enough to be worth spending any money on though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There is far too much RNG for me to take it seriously.

For example, a game last night, both of us down to 15 health, neither had any cards left in hand and up to maximum mana. Me a hunter using the 2hit shot every turn, him a warrior using 2hp shield.

I won simply because the cards that I received each turn at random were better, there was absolutely nothing either of us could do to change the outcome of the game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Top decking isn't exactly rng, just a core mechanic of cardgafmes, but yeah the rng will be the "end" for many players.

I think HS has a bit too much of it for it's own good and GvG didn't really help the situation(whole expansion was based on it really). But, i've come to grips with it being the game.

Bit of tactics, bit of deckbuilding, bit of rng, bit of fun. It's a timewaste really as the only "goal" you might have is get to legendary :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
For example, a game last night, both of us down to 15 health, neither had any cards left in hand and up to maximum mana. Me a hunter using the 2hit shot every turn, him a warrior using 2hp shield.

I won simply because the cards that I received each turn at random were better, there was absolutely nothing either of us could do to change the outcome of the game.

In these situations btw, you don't have to play a card every turn, even if it feels like you have to. Took me a while to learn that. If you have cards that can combo up, or get the advantage, just shield/shoot and stack your hand.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Going to switch to ranked now I think, stupidly easy on casual.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Blargh. Yesterday got a 10-3 arena run with a warrior deck, today crashed and burned twice before i could reach 2 wins.

Well, kinda win win as i did get 3 packs worth of dust and the warrior run got me nearly 400g. I did get a milhouse...blargh! :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stuck at level 20 now I think, I just don't have enough useful cards available so will just have to chip away at casual and dailies for a while. There are some pretty nice cards available to be crafted but I don't have the dust for them atm. Just DEing duplicates at the moment.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wouldn't bother with casual,ranked is easier since casual is used as a testing ground for decks by people who don't want to ruin their ranking. You'll more likely find a suitable/fair opponent in ranked and since you can't drop below 20 you should be fine.

I made a free deck(only basic cards and cards you get by leveling a hero) on all classes and most of them can achieve over a 50% winrate. If i remember correctly it's mage/shaman/druid that work the best.

But you'd still probably get stuck at 15(with casual effort), so the plan of dailies/gathering cards/etc is the way to go. Hell, i've played for ages and i still need some basic epics etc :p

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I'm also rank 20. It's tough with practically only the basic cards. Last night a warlock introduced me to Lord Jaraxxus. That was a painful experience.

I think once I'm a little more familiar with the game I'm going to try and spend most of my time in Arena to build up my card collection. I figure if I can quest in there I shouldn't need many wins to be able to afford to keep going, and it will be less frustrating being on a more even playing field.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah arena is the best place to spend gold.While 50g more for a pack of cards, you usually get atleast 20 dust with 0 wins and that's over half a pack worth of dust in itself. So essentially same cost - chance to win a lot more.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh well, got King Krush today :) raped some time wasting idiot with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom