Have you ever cheated (varying degrees) in DAoC?

Cheated in DAoC?

• Never Cheated (please dont select anything else with this)

Votes: 329 57.3%
  • Speedhack

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Radar

Votes: 34 5.9%
  • Macro (for crafting or any other purpose)

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • Texture bug used in RvR

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Texture bug used in PvE

Votes: 110 19.2%
  • Other bug / cheat (with minor effect/advantage)

Votes: 75 13.1%
  • Other bug / cheat (with major effect/advantage)

Votes: 15 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Probably the worst I've done (and similar things in other PvE zones, without killing anything):
sshot015.jpg

Dressed a twoll in pink? Ban him to hell tbh!:p

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Hmm

Never used radar/speedhack/crafting thingys

I did abuse the eirenes bug, arti swap 'bug' but thats about it

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Alliandre said:
I just remember in CM, you used to be able to jump down to the bottom instead of taking the ramp down, making it much easier to get down there.. Doubt this was "cheating" as such.

Another thing was when you was down at the bottom, to get out, there used to be a whole in the floor you could get through to get outside without having to run all the way back up to the entrance without dying.

I put no, but I obviously lied if the above were cheating..

yep done this but not being able to fall down a pit sucks imo, also used the shroom trick while being on a steep hill for 1-2 levels got bored and pled my toon instead

P

Pohan

never really cheated.

used a floor bug in Avalon City to get quick ported to trainer a couple of times. beside that i only cheated once testing a classic buff bug however i didnt use it for anything other than sitting in a twr a few mins to check if it were a bug.

Talsar

Albion Legend
Technically everyone who fell down a hole in Avalon City - has cheated under COC ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
haha the macro's.......... 115......leal

Still makes me wonder to this day tho, what the hell the added gameplay value is of waiting a minute to create a item without being able to do anything else at all (and doing that hundereds of times over just to skill)....

oh i jumped in the holes in DF to get out like a 100 times (until i got that ML ability, forgot what it was called)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
censi said:
i /faceloc'd when falling a few times :)

I *think* alot of archer-classes did this during OF and the begin of NF. I remember having macro's for it qbinded on my ranger, to jump after assassins who went over the milegates :p

Was quite funny seeing hordes of people flawless jumping over the MG without loosing any health from falling. /faceloc 0 0 ftw :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I used the holes in Avalon quite a number of times, as to port back rather than having to suicide, and I once abused the crafting shit on Camlann as to level from a spot where I couldn't be reached, which I'm quite ashamed of, seeing it goes against all that I said about cheating.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well i can say that i had never actually heard of half of these bugs tbh..

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Pohan said:
never really cheated.

used a floor bug in Avalon City to get quick ported to trainer a couple of times. beside that i only cheated once testing a classic buff bug however i didnt use it for anything other than sitting in a twr a few mins to check if it were a bug.

oh damn. I voted that I never cheated but I forgot about that bug. Damn Eki and Ezteq for throwing me into the teleport stone/hole/thing. *wink wink nudge nudge*.

I think that Requiel once friendly asked us to never do it again but hey, that was /just/ after I dinged 50 and left AC for good. I may be wrong though, I can't remember.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
i used the loading exploit to jump on high places in the alb homeland loads to make people go WTF?? (it was pre-SI and did not affect anyone at all, nor did it give you any advantage, so i guess it cant even be called exploiting), but it was so funny running and jumping over the roofs in camelot :rolleyes:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Uberlama said:
macro hinged like 100000000000 metal bars :( I remember it was possible to make a hinge and sell macro in cear diogel iirc. tho i made my lgm crafter without macro, so i deserved some easy mode :p

No, you don't. I made my 6 LGMs without using a macro and hinged without a macro either. Just read a book or watch a video on another pc. :)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Jeros said:
yes it takes to long therefore you must cheat!

if you dont like the crafting system dont do it, theres no point in doing somthing if your just gonna cheat, were is the achivement in that?

well lots of cheap stuff? go wield your achiement feeling in rvr and se how far that get you :p

cheating vs others sux, but if kept "inside" where it dont affect others i dont have any problems with it... and tbh with the severe lacking of of just the slightest interest from dev side, in fixing many of those bugs. Alot of ppl will always use them for thier advantage.... its in the human nature.

example.... u can strafe, but thier code is screwed so funny things happen and therefor strafing is abuse, but yet it in keyconfig etc.... waterbug, los issues, insta nodes could go on...

its like asking old mr.wolf to guard your silly sheeps while u go shopping...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Jeros said:
yes it takes to long therefore you must cheat!

if you dont like the crafting system dont do it, theres no point in doing somthing if your just gonna cheat, were is the achivement in that?

the achievement in that is gaining the required skill without pressing a button every minute...

Probably the reason i never became a grandmaster alchemist, i had the money but i just couldnt be arsed "playing" the game by pressing a button ONCE every minute, where was the challenge? the difficulty? what the fuck was the added game value of doing ABSOLUTELY nothing while watching a bar slide from left to right?? NOTHING!

...but wait!! there probably was from mythics side.... their logic must have been something like:

"The difficulty of the crafting system is overcoming the nerve-wrecking activity itself, the higher your skill gets, the longer you must wait, thus increasing the difficulty level of the activity"

sick sick sick...

games are supposed to be fun, its the reason you play them, no one here can tell me without lying that if they reduced the waiting times of crafting to 10% or 5% it would be "less fun" al of a sudden...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
i used the loading exploit to jump on high places in the alb homeland loads to make people go WTF?? (it was pre-SI and did not affect anyone at all, nor did it give you any advantage, so i guess it cant even be called exploiting), but it was so funny running and jumping over the roofs in camelot :rolleyes:
I remember you flying about Gothwaite after Sidi raids :d

Fell through some floors in ac to prevent xp death, nothing apart from that though.

Been tempted to use a craft macro many times though :p

eble

Fledgling Freddie
When exping in CM in hib, used the texture bug to exit without dying 100's of times, but then so did everyone else :D

Eble

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
old frontiers dun crimthainn playing scout, purposely fell off ramparts down inside the wall where you could shoot attackers but they could not target or hit you. i think every archer in alb must have been in there when it first got found.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
so who is those 36 / 13 that used radar / speedhack then? =P
Don´t be shy, come forward!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Maoni said:
so who is those 36 / 13 that used radar / speedhack then? =P
Don´t be shy, come forward!

I would but the GM's read this forum too :/

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
I once casted my necro pet in mmg in old frontiers (only did it once), was funny being immune to attack :D and used the ac and barrows fall through floor thing to port out, but thats hardly cheating imho just means you dont have to xp die to get back to bind :D

Motown

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else remember the buggy Bow of Flame from muspelheim back in the early days? :) Dropped from some ants if i remember correctly. It had 2xclip range and i used it to lvl from 25-30 or something on my hunter (wich i deleted at 34 :p) you walk to you see the mob and then head the other direction for twice the distance before u started shooting. ;)

Didn't even think it was a bug until GOA corrected it in a patch. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom