Have you ever cheated (varying degrees) in DAoC?

Cheated in DAoC?

• Never Cheated (please dont select anything else with this)

Votes: 329 57.3%
  • Speedhack

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Radar

Votes: 34 5.9%
  • Macro (for crafting or any other purpose)

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • Texture bug used in RvR

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Texture bug used in PvE

Votes: 110 19.2%
  • Other bug / cheat (with minor effect/advantage)

Votes: 75 13.1%
  • Other bug / cheat (with major effect/advantage)

Votes: 15 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Tubbs said:
What about thieving from your fellow guildies ;) surely that can be classed as cheating too.
and you are? from alb (KoTL?)
if so.. then you must be realy stupid..
i got accused of stealing what was it? 1-2P?
after i heard you ppl cry like babies. i deleted all alb toons and made hib (i planned that even before i got accused... and yep i still am a hib)

why would i steal 1-2p if i planned to move hib anyways?

as i said a million times.. it wasnt me who 'stole' it.. the guy must have been desperate for money and tried to get some of me by accusing me, and kinda forcing me to give him some of my own hard earned money..

Get a life realy..
You know what i did with the cash i had on my alb toons before deleting? Guess you dont

I gave it to greycon ppl @ Castle Sauvage waiting for port to thid

soo next time you try -flaming- me.. come with some proof :m00:

oh and fyi.. never nicked anything from a hib (nor alb)

hope your satisfied now

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Never Cheated (please dont select anything else with this) 211... Bullshit.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Tested Radar
Macroed: Arti lvling, Crafting, Power Leveling.
Window Dragged: High Jump or Fall dmg thingy
Faceloced: During mezz/stun and to prevent fall dmg.
Texture bug in CM, Galladoria
Animist Immune shroom bug
Speedhack on Freeshard

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
what does or did /faceloc do when stunned/mezzed or about to take falling dmg?

just curious :)

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
First: never, ever cheated in rvr.. well except for strafe and runthrough, wich i almost considder a part of the game. But if i meet a guy who does not strafe in 1vs.1, i will not do it.

Secoundly, yes I have cheated in pve, but never using any external or third party program like macro or radar. Fall through floor in sh, every1 did that, prolly more accepted then strafing at the time. Also happened to discover a bug in tg right when i needed it.

Then there is thoose grayzoone thingys. Like zo'arkat, is it bug abusing standing on the shore, when mythic firstly told the mobs not to go on to the land, and secoundly placed the encounter cloose enough to a shore.

Used that once, but since the mobs allways hit something, is it really a bug? prolly yes, but such things should be fixed.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, i used speedhack on a freeshard server once. And charmed a lvl 80 mob , killed a developer guy with it, got insta slayed and banned xD

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I abused a wall glitch in Cotswold to hide my buffbot in on Camlann :). Didn't hurt anyone though! Just saved me hassle of hiding it in some obscure place where noone would possible go, and so killing it, making me waste time finding an even more obscure place.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
blah blah blah

as i said a million times.. it wasnt me who 'stole' it.. the guy must have been desperate for money and tried to get some of me by accusing me, and kinda forcing me to give him some of my own hard earned money..

blah blah blah

Would this be fella who'd 'hacked your account' by any chance ;)

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but I was there the day you claimed your account had been hacked, and that you'd been out all day working. Unfortunately for you, you'd forgotting about PM'ing the GM in the morning relating to guild activies.

What always amazes me about you types, is that you always are uniformly as thick as shite.

Good luck with your future though ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
under "other":
-pathing abuse to lvl in poc
-window dragged to get a npc down off a unreachable place on ml8
-used the wall bug in spindel back in the day when it ported you to your bind stone

Texture abuse:
Used mouselook to look though the wall at cyrek's cavern to see if he was up

Used radar once on a live server using a dummy account to prove it still worked, despite false reports saying it was fixed, but duno if that counts as cheating as i sent the files to them and used it to look where the pretty mobs in mularn were :p

never cheated in rvr, personally dont see the point in it. Why bother playing at all if you have to cheat to win :p

This poll is kinda pointless really, people who cheat regularly wont admit it and 90% the people who claim never to have cheated are lying anyway as i can almost garuntee everyone has abused one bug or another knowingly or otherwise

/shrug, mythic should fix reported problems rather than banning everyone who finds them

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
It's kinda funny though how everyone is coming out of the closet in this thread with all the little mini-cheats that possibly were done unknowingly some years ago. It's like a confession booth! :worthy: :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Glacier said:
Black sheep wall!

dude! to mutch starcraft! :p

only "cheats/bugs" ive done is in aegirhamn on camlann (back in the days when people actually went there). had a ickle scout that was binded under the stairs. i could go under the town. or end up in odd places were others couldnt melee me. had some great laughs. the worst thing was that a animist +bb allso was binded there. he just shroomed lots under the stairs (out of view from the rest of the people in aegir) killing lots. untill i kicked his arse xD.

closest thing i got a a real cheat is when someone offered me the url to a speedhack. i said no tho ;)

MaCaBr3

Banned
I window-dragged to try to get on places just to see if I can get there like the wall around the havens in in TOa. But I will never do it in rvr zones, because there is always someone who is keaning to report whatever - in their opinion - is not saint, to right now.

To me, cheating is the intention of breaking rules which allow you to get benefits or get better, which I never did.

Also on a side note, I once got killed because I was jumpnig around at 1% health and because of a lag spike I jumped so high that the I took dmg resulting me to die. I was like "uh??".

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
ive abused a bug in cm a fair while back.....got a caution from a GM basically saying "pack it in you **** or the ban stick is headed your way" an thought to myself "hmm....fuck having to start out again....wont do that again"

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Devilseye said:
what does or did /faceloc do when stunned/mezzed or about to take falling dmg?

just curious :)

When mezzed/stunned you still turn which is good if a tank comes for you with a side/rear style and you turn before he hits you and you get a free demez and he get's his style failed.
While falling you can do it just before you land and for a sec you "stop" falling and then fall again and the game thinks you fell from the height on when you did /faceloc and if you time it right you take no falling damage.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Back in the first year of DAoC, there was an addon called DaocTool iirc.

It had a damage/heal counter but best of all, you could dye your armour in 'simulator'. GOA decided against it and that's the closest I came to using illegal third-party programs.

It was cool addon, ahead of its time.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty much everyone who's done jacinas, before it was fixed, using a catapult or gtaoe or something to pull him has abused pve texture bug, myself included.

Practically you can't actually pve without sometimes incidentally abusing a los or pathing bug... obviously there's a difference between purposefully abusing it to actually level up or kill something or similar, but even accidentally using it could - I suppose - be classified as a minor texture abuse...

Also used /faceloc during stun and while falling to avoid fall dmg.
Used the bug in the wall to port out of CM a few times as well.

Nothing serious though, and nothing in rvr, although I was zephyred into the zw in old emain once, and consequently 3 day temp banned for it, hardly fair saying I was bug or texture abusing then though, technically it was the mid healer...

In any way, everyone who's ever been in rvr has probably hit a strafe key or run through someone, which could be classified as a minor bug/cheat, even if they didn't do it to try avoid being hit...

eksdee

FH is my second home
Escape said:
Back in the first year of DAoC, there was an addon called DaocTool iirc.

It had a damage/heal counter but best of all, you could dye your armour in 'simulator'. GOA decided against it and that's the closest I came to using illegal third-party programs.

It was cool addon, ahead of its time.

yeah, the was a really nice little tool :>

Vladamir

FH is my second home
MaCaBr3 said:
No it's a tactic.

It counts as abuse actually, people were warned for that :p.

PvE gained ability not usable in PvE, roxor :p

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Used the craft macro to "fly" over some walls on Camlann, also used the ac tent bug :d

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
Also on a side note, I once got killed because I was jumpnig around at 1% health and because of a lag spike I jumped so high that the I took dmg resulting me to die. I was like "uh??".

Rofl that used to happen me all the time, on my old pc which was slooow, sometimes the hard drive would start chugging, and if i was jumping at the time I would do an accidental lag jump and loose hp lol.

Biggi! Man I forgot about that, promise I will ring my m8 tomorow and pm you on MSN afterwards!

E

Efour

oooh i just remembered i used DAOX illegal 3rd party windowed mode HaX0r tool
Back when playing in a window was a "really bad exploit . . . " :kissit:

Zoolis

Fledgling Freddie
CT.JPG

:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom