Have you ever cheated (varying degrees) in DAoC?

Cheated in DAoC?

• Never Cheated (please dont select anything else with this)

Votes: 329 57.3%
  • Speedhack

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Radar

Votes: 34 5.9%
  • Macro (for crafting or any other purpose)

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • Texture bug used in RvR

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Texture bug used in PvE

Votes: 110 19.2%
  • Other bug / cheat (with minor effect/advantage)

Votes: 75 13.1%
  • Other bug / cheat (with major effect/advantage)

Votes: 15 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tribute

Fledgling Freddie
- window drag to avoid fall dmg
- walk through
- strafe etc
- radar for 2-3 weeks, got a warning and stoped (SI)
- boat bug, where you could crash boats etc. (TOA)
- zone bug in old mid frontier, you could get into mid pve area as alb/hib. (pre SI)
- dual loged and getting info on raids etc, rvr advantage..
- /faceloc

dont remember if anything else:(

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
/Faceloc'd a couple of times in OF at odins to avoid damage, but nothing other than that...

Don't see the point in cheating in games - defeats the purpose...

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
tribute said:
- window drag to avoid fall dmg
- walk through
- strafe etc
- radar for 2-3 weeks, got a warning and stoped (SI)
- boat bug, where you could crash boats etc. (TOA)
- zone bug in old mid frontier, you could get into mid pve area as alb/hib. (pre SI)
- dual loged and getting info on raids etc, rvr advantage..
- /faceloc

dont remember if anything else:(

Sux2bu, lame radar scum :|

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
according to GoA I used macro's <3 nothing like being falsely accused

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
use at your own risk is all i can say, you could solo zahur because of them :p which is what i was warned for :p

bug's they cant fix they often alow after its been done enough times, anohter example is the orc/ogre army spot.

as for my own cheating: i xrlm'ed some time ago, (not that it effected anyone, just to get mcl on a low lvl toon), and been using the "stafe/walktrough cheat" alot, problery been doing quite alot texture bugs in pve, they kind of makes things easier... (tarts if you stand outside the pad could qualefi as a texture bug if you where realy strict) also i must admit i used a macro to lvl a crafter some time ago, got a "game pause" for that one, didnt actualy know that it was eligal (to lazy to read the coc i guess)
to sum it up, i jumped over where the fence was the lowest.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis said:
/Faceloc'd a couple of times in OF at odins to avoid damage, but nothing other than that...

Don't see the point in cheating in games - defeats the purpose...

oh the irony!:eek7:

My first char on albion, I was running from mobs and jumped up on a tent !

Well for me this was roleplay, not like in real life i would let some fat croc bite me, but then again i understand the ban reason ;d

Other than that, just the odd radar, speedhack, damage hack and so on, nothing to serious.

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Back in the days i was macro crafting alot, but that was before i knew it was counted as cheating. I thought heck, why should i sit here for 3hrs pressing 1 when the computer can do it for me? so start up Macro Angle (if i remember correct) and go watch some movie :p

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
ive used windowmode haxx prog pre SI :p
and Dark tool of camelot or whatever it was called to change songs in winamp when using fullscreen and taking care of loot while raiding Darknessfalls when it was new :p

oh and i cant see why exploiting stuff in pve can be considered cheating ;)

E

Efour

The ammount of peeps admitting to radar is really bad, thats the one thing id keep quiet if i did, which i didnt. Thats reaaalllly fkin bad cheating.

Shame on you:twak:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
maybe its been suggested, but, it would rock if this poll was one of those where you see who picked what ;)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I think the majority of ppl who are holier than thou, have used texture bugs in PvE and not thought it a cheat as such. I generally hate cheating. Especially in rvr and believe that strafing/runthru is one of the most commonly used bugs ppl tend to use. Most would prolly disagree its bugabuse, but all it is, is abusing the latency lag and bad coding (impossible coding?), so its nothing more than cheating to me.

I said yes to have used texture bugs, coz who hasnt used the "elevator" in CM or the one in Ljarnvidur....Even the newly added one in CoF dungeon :p

But I have never and will never use bugs/cheats in rvr or to cheat others in PvE.

/Dracus

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
In Ac there is a mob that spawns on a tent, near taskers, so if you go up to kill him, you are bug using or what ? It is like he's staring at me :< I hate him

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Kaun_IA said:
i really hate cheating but i have atleast 2 times used texture bug.... once was a accidental and second time was to see if it worked again :(

after that.. never. i have too much to loose and i dont like cheating in general at all enyways

I went and sat on top of the fire warehouse in AC when I was bored

Didnt kill anything though too busy /dancing to impress my group , remember seeing a scout shotting stuff from up there

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
Someone else got me a 7 day ban for texture abuse in PvE. (i know: account sharing is illegal, bite me. At one moment i had the login to about 20 accounts and the sub to 4 accounts i occasionaly pay for)

Also some "/craft hib" jumping on places where you normally can't come. (Camlann only feature which is fixed)
I know who got you that ban :p twas a certain necro who liked the macro farming while asleep thing too ^^

Chronictank

FH is my second home
just remembered another one
used the bridge bug in volcanus to get afkers killed on my raids

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Yoshimo said:
I know who got you that ban :p twas a certain necro who liked the macro farming while asleep thing too ^^

/cough "prop" /cough

yeh him indeed

He is also the reason i have a large male elf chanter instead of a lurikeen

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
/cough "prop" /cough

yeh him indeed

He is also the reason i have a large male elf chanter instead of a lurikeen
Don't disrespect teh elves! what you lack in cast speed you make up in cyb0r

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Yoshimo said:
Don't disrespect teh elves! what you lack in cast speed you make up in cyb0r

yeh ok, true for female ones. But male elf is so gay*

*disclaimer for the mods: i mean in no way harm or insult to individuals that want to go into hawt malebonding

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
you've got be messed up in the head to do crafting legitimately. Pressing a button for about 60 hours? No thanks

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
you've got be messed up in the head to do crafting legitimately. Pressing a button for about 60 hours? No thanks

No, you just have to not be a cheat, and to have something interesting to do at the same time. Hence why I craft on the laptop whilst playing on the desktop.

I can't say I wouldn't want crafting made fun, but I can't say that cheating is the way, either.

Tended to split my '60 hours' over months, too. Gained lots of skill for my crafters recently during ML raids. I'm not an ML afk'er, so don't have much attention for my second account (none of the characters on it have started ML's). Crafting fits the bill for it.

Darzil

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
ahh so thats where I've been going wrong, I need a laptop, and a 2nd account purely for crafting :D

Jeros

Part of the furniture
DocWolfe said:

yes it takes to long therefore you must cheat!

if you dont like the crafting system dont do it, theres no point in doing somthing if your just gonna cheat, were is the achivement in that?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Jeros said:
yes it takes to long therefore you must cheat!

if you dont like the crafting system dont do it, theres no point in doing somthing if your just gonna cheat, were is the achivement in that?

Well you get the achievement of crafting a full suit for yourself or friends/guild and being able to go out that evening and do something fun or sit behind your PC pressing a button.
Not that I am for using macro program but DAoC's craft system is plain stupid as it should be fun yet hard to do but pressing a button seeing a line fill up ain't hard to do and is extremely boring.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
once fell into bledmeer bridge and bombed unsuspecting mids from below ! :p (until pwned by xalin)

thats about the limit for me :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Probably the worst I've done (and similar things in other PvE zones, without killing anything):
sshot015.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom