Have you ever cheated (varying degrees) in DAoC?

Cheated in DAoC?

• Never Cheated (please dont select anything else with this)

Votes: 329 57.3%
  • Speedhack

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Radar

Votes: 34 5.9%
  • Macro (for crafting or any other purpose)

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • Texture bug used in RvR

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Texture bug used in PvE

Votes: 110 19.2%
  • Other bug / cheat (with minor effect/advantage)

Votes: 75 13.1%
  • Other bug / cheat (with major effect/advantage)

Votes: 15 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Ehh this might not be allowed, but anyway..

Have you ever cheated in DAoC? And by you, I mean you not your character or your account, have you ever cheated in DAoC, on either GOA/Mythic servers with any char/account.
By that I mean, radared, speedhacked, macro crafted, and other bug abuse?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:

Have you ever cheated in DAoC? And by you, I mean you not your character or your account, have you ever cheated in DAoC, on either GOA/Mythic servers with any char/account.

never, ever and never will.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:

I window dragged to get ontop of the big gate outside Tuir Suill for a nice screenshot, but even when I got up there and panned the camera out as far as it would go, I still couldnt get the two big firey pits in view for the screenie.

Just goes to show that cheating doesnt pay :(

But nahhh, spent too much time, effort and love on my chars, I'd be an idiot to risk that just for some rp's.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
But nahhh, spent too much time, effort and love on my chars, I'd be an idiot to risk that just for some rp's.

I included a PvE bug abuse option, and two options that could go for anything really..

I imagine alot more people use bugs in PvE than ones in RvR! :O

Put a 30 day life on poll so it doesnt get bumped forever :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
I included a PvE bug abuse option, and two options that could go for anything really..

I imagine alot more people use bugs in PvE than ones in RvR! :O

I remember trying to level my ranger in CM (before I got a buffbot at lvl45) and getting fucked off with casters pulling all the mobs in the little tunnel I was camping and then sitting on an area PBAOE'ing everything from a stone where they couldnt get hit by the mobs.
Killing 10 mobs at a time, 1 of which used to take me ages to kill, followed by a sitdown for 4 or 5 mins to regain my health
When I moaned at them for pulling all the mobs in the little room i was camping the reply was always
'QQ more newb, i hit aoe debuff by mistake'

Cheaters tend to show the same respect for realm mates as they do for opponents.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Cheaters tend to show the same respect for realm mates as they do for opponents.

Thats probably true, but I know from experience, that alot of people tend to view cheating in PvE not as bad as cheating in RvR, so you will see more people wall bug in PvE, than in RvR for example

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I was having Cyber with Requiel, then Zenythe logged on and i ditched Requiel as Zenythe is so much better!

I dont think Requiel ever found out I cheated on them.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Was sat in a chat room for a DAOC emulator project at one point then saw someone say "omg I just found the memory locatation for where your character is" - that same night one of the relics on an english server got picked up with no guard spam, but dropped a few seconds later as this guy died.

Its always interested me what people can do, but i'd never have the balls/guts/interest to do it - I like the game, I like my characters and I'd never risk loosing them :) GoA have been great for catching and banning cheaters.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Someone else got me a 7 day ban for texture abuse in PvE. (i know: account sharing is illegal, bite me. At one moment i had the login to about 20 accounts and the sub to 4 accounts i occasionaly pay for)

Also some "/craft hib" jumping on places where you normally can't come. (Camlann only feature which is fixed)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
GOA told me if I release the chat logs I will be killed irl, they threatened to delete Bahumat but in doing so (on test server)the game would generate terminal error's due to the loss....so yeah, my life is easier to eradicate than my character!

sxx

Fledgling Freddie
Choosed no but know i remeber i used screenshotjumping to get up on bindstones to impress people :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i really hate cheating but i have atleast 2 times used texture bug.... once was a accidental and second time was to see if it worked again :(

after that.. never. i have too much to loose and i dont like cheating in general at all enyways

B

Biggilus

Melachi!
where's my account?! bet you forgot who i was :O is that u in ure pic btw?

and as for cheating, i used to SS jump to the top of the arch in Galplen to impress people :O also SS jumped up DF stairs once only to get mown down by a group of albies.
and... oh yea never used it for real, but me and a certain someone used to duel in windowed mode and alt tab bug so we would never get hit / too far away etc. only against each other, could never be arsed to do it in rvr, never really rvr'd anyway
all that was 2 or 3 years ago tho
this time round i rolled up a warlock.. :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Window dragged so I wouldn't lose hp from falls. Guess is counts as a minor cheat? :>

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Used macros for crafting for a while. Not for leveling my skill thou but just so I didnt get RSI from crafting trinkets. After bigger trinkets were implemented there was no need for that anymore.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
when the patch came that allowed players to put instruments on the walls of their houses, there was a bug where you would get back a level 1 instrument back from the wall which you could sell for 2s. i 'abused' that for about a minute before giving up and reporting it as a bug. i made about 2 gold.
then i got banned for about 3 days, and they took 1plat off me. remembering the feeling as they took my character away from me was enough to never even tempt me to cheat again. it felt like i'd lost part of me, like an arm or something.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
when the patch came that allowed players to put instruments on the walls of their houses, there was a bug where you would get back a level 1 instrument back from the wall which you could sell for 2s. i 'abused' that for about a minute before giving up and reporting it as a bug. i made about 2 gold.
then i got banned for about 3 days, and they took 1plat off me. remembering the feeling as they took my character away from me was enough to never even tempt me to cheat again. it felt like i'd lost part of me, like an arm or something.
Harsh punishment. :(

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
/craft hib and /faceloc while stunned, they count as minor things i guess :(

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
enkor said:

being ewil against Necro's in Lyonesse is kinda cheating too!111!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Everyone who's played Camlann has texture abused at one point :p Hiding bots behind walls/on top of roofs ;o

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
It isn't fear of losing the characters, cheating would just take away any fun or sense of achievement.

Long ago, in the mists of time, I was new in rvr and running in my first random pick up groups. One day, I was in a group that was amazingly lucky. I was naive and clueless, well I still am of course. It wasn't until afterwards when I was reading FH and saw the radar word that a suspicion crossed my mind that our leader had not just known his way around well and been lucky.

It totally ruined my happiness in getting my first few rvr points. I didn't want to benefit from someone cheating. I nearly quit. I never want to feel that way again. So when I'm in a group, and we get taken totally by surprise, and completely and utterly slaughtered, I have a peculiar compensation in the proof that I am trusting and following someone who is playing legally. All the other corpses are lying there cursing, and I'm actually happy. Yep, weird...

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:

the (in)famous camlann abuses :p _ think everyone did it there.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
did pl with some ppl on tents in ac. Thou we all got warnings back then so i learned my lesson :p. I also reportet 4 warlocks pbaoeing on a wall where they coundt get attacked (was on my level 25 mid alt :p) and requiel killed and portet them all away :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
When I rolled a level 20 infil on camlann cuz i was bored, I use to use the texture bugs to get up to the roof in caer goth to kill the theurgs up there.

Ofc, one time I got stuck in there and had to explain to rightnow how i got there in the first place :x

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
haarewin said:

Not only that but in the same patch if you bought a piece of land and went to buy a villa but didn't have enough money you still got the villa.
Loading up full inventories with 200p sellback value of villa's was more fun than selling back cheap instruments imo ;)

Selected the last 4 options as I played on Camlann :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom