Gratz Albs on Relic Raid!

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Evull said:
I could say something like Grats to Albion for having even more unemployed mfers than Midgard, but i won't :)

You could say that, then again i could also say, has it occured to you that some people actually wanted to stay up, complete the RR, and then get up a few hours later and go to work..... But i won't. :)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Netcode said:
When albs take the relics during not primetime its ok, but when mids does it its called LAME alarm clock raid etc etc, Tbh albs aint even better :p
but anyway enjoy the relics casters must hurts now with em :p

Nice to see you havent been reading previous posts before postnig this one.

10.45 pm doors open... hardly non-primetime, hardly 5.00 in the morning.

Learn to understand that NF raids will go on for a longer period of time than pre-NF due to siege warfare i think someone said in a previous post.

I second that.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Formash said:
Nice to see you havent been reading previous posts before postnig this one.

10.45 pm doors open... hardly non-primetime, hardly 5.00 in the morning.

Learn to understand that NF raids will go on for a longer period of time than pre-NF due to siege warfare i think someone said in a previous post.

I second that.

They may have opened at 10:45 but until most mids had logged to go to bed you couldn't actually take the relic ;)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
They may have opened at 10:45 but until most mids had logged to go to bed you couldn't actually take the relic ;)

So in the middle of a large relic raid you had people logging and calling it a day?

Thats not an AC raid. Thats poor leadership.

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz albs - now don't be sad when we pay you back the favour ;)

Kind regards

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
Gratz albs - now don't be sad when we pay you back the favour ;)

Kind regards

Looking forward to some nice defence action, bring it!

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
If I were you I´d keep it, there will be plenty of need for them in Albion ;)

I'll pop a box of em next to the str relics so you can take em along on the way out.. good thing paper stays well for very long in closed dry places :fluffle:

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Bigbrother said:
and dont give that crap about mid/alb/hib attitude , its the players , not the realm. :kissit:

But don't the players make up the realm.....? :kissit:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
If I were you I´d keep it, there will be plenty of need for them in Albion ;)

Im sure most of albion along with myself expects a raid that starts at 4am and finishes at 7am on a sunday morning, just like skilgannon says, its not like mids are capable of anything else ;)

I will expect ardamels "we will alarm clock raid them for realm morale as its the only time we can take them" message with many smiles :)

Esran

Fledgling Freddie
OK. I've calmed down now. Little ratty due to not enough sleep last night. Who'd have thought that eh? And I've had some food as well.

Apologies for ranting at fellow realm mates. I can see now how frustrating and annoying it must be to suffer a defeat out of hours when the realm was depleated and you couldn't help.

I guess I'm more annoyed that it went so badly for us because I was there. Yes, it was out of hours. And yes, a large number of mids had logged for sleep by the time the relic actually got taken. Its just that even with all that there were still a reasonable number of us out there. Maybe not enough to mount a serious defence given the number of albs that had stayed on, but certainly not so few as to justify the level of criticism and "alarm clock" accusations.

To me "alarm clock" suggests a deliberate attempt to raid out of hours knowing that there will be no enemy around. What happened last night was a raid that went on well into out of hours against a much depleted enemy. But one that was still putting up a resistance.

Maybe it was just that we were getting hit by albs and hibs. Maybe we got split between relic defence and nottmoor. Maybe we hung around waiting to defend the relic gate (very little camping went on) rather than leave it unattended and rush to Hild. It certainly felt to me that we had the numbers to do better than we did, just that we were spread far too thin.

Anyway, big group :wub: and lets work out how we're going to smash the albs with a midnight finish next week ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Octo said:
So keepwar from 17:00 - 04:00.. and that was alarmclockraid by earlier alb definition..

Was that my definition?

I don't believe it was. So whats your point? That I should automatically subscribe to definitions I don't agree with, just in order to validate your argument?

You started a relic raid at 10pm GMT, when enough Albs are on to know about it. I'm assuming that at 10pm you were in Alb territory and had at least one keep under siege (like we did last night, where we had Bled and its towers taken by 10pm), or did you decide to start moving into our lands at that point, relying on the fact that there would be less people on to deal with the incursion?

You see. The Alb raid started at 6pm (7pm CET) so by 10pm anyone who was logging off knew the possibilities of the active alb incursion. I'm saying that "starting" a relic raid at 10pm is an alarm clock raid, but its definitely out of prime time when compared to an offensive on the mid frontier that began at 6pm.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Cerberos said:
History isnt your strong side is it?

For those arguing about history, can I recommend the fine work of that noted Excalibur historian, Professor Nol?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=271673&postcount=1

Albs were, in fact, the first that we know about to do an early raid (Finster's). Mids were the ones who broke the moratorium on early raids with Ladonna's raid (number 29 on Nol's list). So I'd say it's about even in terms of who's "to blame" for alarmclock raids.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Cerberos said:

Obviously not yours, remember when middy had not had the str relics for a quite bit, hardly any mids in emain (i was mid at that time) ardamels alarm clock raid to get the relics because morale was low in middy and doing it at peak time might have failed and cause more de-moralized people? the raid starting at 5:30 am with Np and i think Rg taking a couple of alb keeps then everyone hittinig excal for around 7:30am gmt?

ahh how you forget things so fast.

If im correct using the above relic timescale it was raid 18 and i think thats slightly incorrect or is going by cet times.

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

Guys , yeah i mean mid/hib/alb cut the crap
let the albs get some credit here
they did a oki raid that just lastet too long , simple as that
the server is 24/7 so there is no sutch thing as AC.
sure i i would hate waking up at 7 am finding out that some ass took it a few hours eralier BUT THATS LIFE...

Albs : Gratz with the relic, no idea what happend cause i was not there.
Mids : lets focuse on the relic we realy want :) cause thats what we realy want, no way we can deff all relic , so having to pick i choose pow :)

So all pls stop crying , and start focuse on other issues.

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Imo Sendraks is getting scared.

Sendraks! Do you fear the retaliation that will come, now that u did the first AC raid?

:clap:

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Cerberos said:

Nothing wrong with my recollections. Never once set my alarmclock for a raid and never will. I have also never gone to bed whilst defending from a raid from Mids either.

Woken up to find Mids have alarmclocked a few times though.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:

From what I saw, Mid defence of the keeps was hardly at its best last night. And I've seen Middy keep defence at its best and its an impressive sight to behold.

Indeed on more than one occasion, where we entered a tower in the process of taking Bled before 10pm I was asking myself, "where the hell are all the mids?" because I was fully expecting the raid to get ganked by a vicious mid surprise counter offensive.

But it didn't happen. It wasn't late (as I said it was pre 10pm), it was a busy weeknight, yet the resistance just wasn't there.

The fact that the Mid relic was open at 10:45pm to me, was not a direct result of people logging, if the resistance encountered earlier in the evening was anything to go by.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Edaemos said:
Im sure most of albion along with myself expects a raid that starts at 4am and finishes at 7am on a sunday morning, just like skilgannon says, its not like mids are capable of anything else ;)

I will expect ardamels "we will alarm clock raid them for realm morale as its the only time we can take them" message with many smiles :)

yea funny how u albs always claim whole midgard is the same. Getting bit old no?

btw its just a game. So stop the bragging around cause its rather pathetic.

now plz take our powerrelic to so we dont have to defend our keeps at all cause really, its boring.

this thread started good but because of the albs (ppl like skillgannon and hearth) who just keep on crying about a thing that happened a year ago this thread should be closed imo. and plz to the mids, just accept it and move on, let them cheer etc, its the only thing they ever reached so far.

skillgannon u still cry every evening because some evil force took ur relic in the middle of the night? oh boehe im sure it was hard in rl :(

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:

To be fair, I think that was Ladonna rather than Ardamels. Although he did a couple of alarm clock raids early on (when everyone was doing them), during the period when everyone agreed pretty much not to do them, he did some well-planned primetime raids.

Doesn't stop me trying to wind him up by calling a him a pocket Napoleon of course, but he's still got my respect :)

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Netcode said:
When albs take the relics during not primetime its ok, but when mids does it its called LAME alarm clock raid etc etc, Tbh albs aint even better :p
but anyway enjoy the relics casters must hurts now with em :p

Sorry I just had to remind everybody of this post :) it's funny :touch: So it was an alarm clock raid? The albs set their alarm clocks for late afternoon/early evening then? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
To be fair, I think that was Ladonna rather than Ardamels. Although he did a couple of alarm clock raids early on (when everyone was doing them), during the period when everyone agreed pretty much not to do them, he did some well-planned primetime raids.

Doesn't stop me trying to wind him up by calling a him a pocket Napoleon of course, but he's still got my respect :)

Well i clearly remember being told in /gu that there was a relic raid the next morning at 8:30cet on excal, ardamel leading and the reason was to raise middy morale and the reason for doing it at 7:30am gmt well cause its easier :)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
From what I saw, Mid defence of the keeps was hardly at its best last night. And I've seen Middy keep defence at its best and its an impressive sight to behold.

Yep. On Monday our 1fg took a single spire and were then hit by about 60 Mids for a retake. Had those same 60 Mids retake Hilds and defended it, we would never have taken the relics.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Imo Sendraks is getting scared.

Of what? That midgard will start a raid at 5am get the relics back and I'll not be able to do anything about it?

If you want the relics back, form a big ass mid zerg in the Alb frontier at 6pm, and kick our asses to Sauvage and back. The sight of a couple of hundred mids coming over the hill while I'm eating my dinner would certainly be unnerving.

However, there is nothing scary about 50 Mids coming over a hill at 6am to attack an undefended keep, that won't be defended, because no one knows you're coming, because we're all fast asleep.

Difficult to be scared of something you don't know about and can't see.

Cracked said:
Sendraks! Do you fear the retaliation that will come, now that u did the first AC raid?

I was on an alarm clock raid?
I was part of a raid on Midgard that started at 6pm Primetime on the server and I went to bed at 11pm when the raid was still rolling, after meeting minimal resistance from Midgard?

Nope, sorry, the only alarm clock thats involved was the one telling me to go to bed at 11pm.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Well i clearly remember being told in /gu that there was a relic raid the next morning at 8:30cet on excal, ardamel leading and the reason was to raise middy morale and the reason for doing it at 7:30am gmt well cause its easier :)

I'm sure he'll appear at some point and correct us all.

Probably with maps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom