Grangemouth Strike

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
I live and work in Grangemouth.
I dont work for Ineos or the BP.
I would like to clear up a few of the lies and scare mongering tactics in use by the management of Ineos and the media.
First of all this is only a two day stoppage. Yes the plants have to be run down for a week and it will take a week or so to start them back up again. But every year these plants have to be shut down for plant maintenance and safety checks. These shutdowns last for a month or so. Resulting in NO fuel shortages.
The pipeline from the forties field shuts down for maintenance every year too. Again there is NO fuel shortage during that.
Plants have occasional failures which result in downtime. Again NO fuel shortages.
There are a half dozen other refinaries in the UK.
There is and will not be a fuel shortage caused by industrial action at the Grangemouth works.
The industrial action is over proposed changes to the pension scheme.
These changes included ending the non contributal pension scheme for NEW employees. This change would not affect people currently working for the company. But the current workforce are taking industrial action for the benifit of future employees. That is to be applauded.

Gotta say though..... its a joy to walk round or sit in my back garden without the dull rumble from the BP in the background.

Now if you dont mind I'm off to get pissed and watch the old firm match in the pub.

Chin chin :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Like most times this happens the fuel shortage won't come because of the strike. It will come because everyone will fill their car to the brim in case they arn't able to get any more. The petrol industry relies on the fact that people come in to fill up gradually over a 2 week period and isn't able to cope with everyone arriving on the same day.

It's the same reason any bank in the world will crumble if you start a rumour they have no more money left. They have plenty for those that want to withdraw it under a normal cycle but can't handle everyone asking for all their money at the same time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This sounds like the...what was it...

*goes away pondering*

AHA!!!

32638617ay7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom