Crap [UK] Fuel Strike inc?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Meh, I doubt supplies of LPG will be running out.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm supposed to be driving to Scotland that weekend - doh!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Workers of the world!​
RaisedFist1.jpg
UNITE!​

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Rig drivers were phoning in saying its a highly skilled job. They have to drive round the M25 all day and make sure they don't put the wrong fuel down the wrong hole. Yep. On a par with heart surgery. Bastards.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
FUCK THEM :eek:

Inconveniencing me! ME! Of all people!

They should work for £0.02 a day, be sackable on the spot and the boss should have conjugal rights with all the people of their village. Especially their daughters. And underage, just like the priests.

Eh?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Rig drivers were phoning in saying its a highly skilled job. They have to drive round the M25 all day and make sure they don't put the wrong fuel down the wrong hole. Yep. On a par with heart surgery. Bastards.

The most skilled practitioners of a trade usually do it so well they make it look easy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Went to tesco on my way home and if my car had not been on the warning light for 20 miles I would of gone past. It was mobbed with dickheads. The guy at the pump next to me put about £3 in and was saying to his mate that he had to top up before they sold out. I really did want to give him a gash bash right to his mangina.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ill hold my opinions till i know the truth, pen pushers are nailing the working man increasingly to the floor with modern technology, ive got friends who work for bt, rac and tescos and they say it went past a joke years ago.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
they been training the army to drive the trucks this time .. and im ok i work from home mostly and have no where special to go hehe

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guess they heard i was planning a trip to england to meet a friend....hope this don't last that long.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I really feel for them, they provide such a vital job and undergo literally hours of training. It takes a particularly brave person to sit on their arse all day, overtaking each other for no particular reason in rush hour on the M25. The absolute horror of sitting in the same underpants for a week.

They should all be on 60k

at least.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Guess they heard i was planning a trip to england to meet a friend....hope this don't last that long.

It will have no effect, unless the retards panic buy

...which they probably will. The BBC will hype this out of all proportion, it will be bigger than swine flu.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I'm up for them tbh... £1.41 per litre where I am and thats discusting... they tax fuel about 85p!!! they could easily go down to £1 per litre. I remember when petrol was 49p a litre... This country has turned into shit

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure they are overly bothered about the price of petrol. I think they are miffed the price of pasties and butter have gone up and they need more money.

rynnor

Rockhound
To clarify they are striking over changes to their terms and conditions - not fuel prices.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It will have no effect, unless the retards panic buy

...which they probably will. The BBC will hype this out of all proportion, it will be bigger than swine flu.

Well, good news either way. If there's no problem, you get your gas all fine, if there is, i won't be coming near your island :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Massive queues already round my way. Fuel cans in the boot at one extreme and 2 litre top ups at the other. Twats.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thought the strike was supposed to be over Easter?

I'm off camping in the lake district that weekend and will need more than a full tank for that, but filling up now?

I may fill a reserve can as I've got one in the garage, but I'm not going to make a special trip for it. That's just madness.

BTW - it's a penny a litre in Libya right now ;)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Average wage for a tanker driver in the union is £45k according to Radio 4 last night. The average wage for a similarly qualified regular HGV driver is some £10k lower, and is barely unionised at all. There's plenty of other drivers willing to step up and do the job. I hope the government grows a pair the size of Thatchers and makes it a lot easier to sack workshy cunts like these.

Mind you it's benefitted my family indirectly. The other half's boy, who is 2 years into the Army, had already got part of his HGV done, and they're training him up now for tankers too. A qualification which is then his to keep.

rynnor

Rockhound
Wij said:
Massive queues already round my way. Fuel cans in the boot at one extreme and 2 litre top ups at the other. Twats.

I dont understand that - its not happening for 10 days?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Retards gunna be milked. They bumped the prices up round here overnight, knowing stupid people will A. panic buy and B. get the date wrong.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Diesel is currently 145.9p/l at my local Tesco.
Despite that, the forecourt was full, queues at every lane, queues extending out of the forecourt and onto the road.
I came along later in the afternoon to do my courier returns. It was still the same.
Another engineer told me that his local Tesco has SOLD OUT due to panic buying.

Seriously, it's not for another week or so, so why the panic NOW?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's fucking stupid. Car needed filling was nearly in the red. Fucking queues of spastics topping up.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Stuck a full tank of diesel in this morning. No queue but chatted to the guy who runs the garage and he reckoned sales yesterday were nearly 200% WoW.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The usual people about, the first to fill up are those that need it least.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
£71 to fill the tank.

That'll do 610 miles according to the trip computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom