Crap [UK] Fuel Strike inc?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
£90 gets me about 500 miles these days since I switched to the evil black stuff. £80 used to get me about 380 when I had a proper engine, now I have a slightly higher range to make up for the more expensive insurance, servicing and fuel I now need. Diesels, ain't they great!

Although I did buy a 3-litre one. And it goes......quite quickly :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I filled up yesterday as otherwise I'd not have got home, a full tank is about £80-£85 and that'll do me around 570 miles, however aside the trip to the shops the shortest I'll drive is 90 miles to get to one of our offices - or 200 if I'm needed in Staines so I rarely get near to less than 50 miles in the tank. I drove past 3 petrol stations at lunch just now, all queueing up!

This weekend I'm aiming to do a 250 mile round trip to watch the football, and at Easter I'm aiming to be at my parents house so if there is a strike I'll be hit (and just have to work at home).

As for the strike, Unite have put out a document summarising why they're threatening strike action, it is not about the money it's about ensuring safety standards are met in an industry where cost cutting seems to be key.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
All the garages around here are out of fuel! The Asda hyper market wad gridlocked for hoyrs today, because there is only 1 lane out, and it was Bering blocked by people queing for the petrol station. Its crazy.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Garage near City Airport today was charging £1.56 for diesel!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It really is well played by the fuel companies. farm the mugs.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Might have a gander at Tesco 24hr later when it gets late, see if they've got any.

rynnor

Rockhound
Weird - no massive queues here in hertfordshire so far.

And why would they when theres another week of normal deliveries at least?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
EeKhO.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah, I think I'll cycle past the local petrol station during rush hour wearing a troll mask tomorrow playing full blast from ipod speakers.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
not happy went to put some in tonite after work and the 5 i visited are backed up to fuck. fucking dumb pricks its cos of them panic buying that there will be a petrol shortage gonna have to get up at stupid o clock to fill up now so i dont have half hour wait to do so

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Decanting petrol in a confined space with the oven on...

Darwinism?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Very well played by the petrol companies.

Stick prices up, get the mouth breathers panicked into buying fuel.

Surprise surprise the strikes get called off a few days later. I doubt they will drop in price though...

- English -

Resident Freddy
Apparently there's a petrol station in Blackburn with a sign outside saying "Asians only"
lol

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
pouring a flamable liquid that evaporates at room temp into an open jug in an enclosed area next to a cooker thats alight .. lol

def stupidity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom