Holiday Rail and Post Strikes in the UK?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They say driveless cars will decimate plane travel in the US.
Possibly do the same to the train in the UK?
Would you get up earlier and continue to doze in the car to work, have it park itself miles away, meet you outside work, then let you have a kip on the way home, lying down on a proper bed, climate control, music, internet.
No brainer to me. Door to door.
Of course there will be no jobs, because AI will decimate most of the overpaid middle class; pointless jobs.
So you can just use the car for recreation on your universal income.
Might be a bit boring though, maybe they could let you drive it for yourself...and maybe have something to do when you get there...like a job.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Might be just me but i wouldnt want to drive 12 hours when i could fly in like 2

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
People will chose to drive overnight, sleep in the car.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It'll be a while before people trust driverless vehicles enough to go to sleep in them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll be a while before people trust driverless vehicles enough to go to sleep in them.
I can't wait.

Bikes on back, fall asleep pissed, wake up in Scotland, ride Nevis, pub, car, sleep, home :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Look at it this way, a modern Commercial Airliner is more than capable of flying from London to Los Angeles entirely by itself, with zero pilot input.

However, if you got onto the plane at Heathrow, and the pilot was fast asleep drunk, or not even there in the first place - would you get on it?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup. The plane is capable of doing it, but there's a pilot there in case something goes tits up.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The pilot has to speak to air traffic control, which is an ancient system almost entirely run by people. A computer can't really do that reliably, so until someone modernises the control tower, you're stuck with humans at the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom