Goodbye fair excalibur

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Ever tried to look at yourself / your fellow guild members when making a remark like that and then trying to blame it on the '1337' group? Its rather funny your blaming a small group of people for something thats ruining an entire guild 5-10 times as big... Exact same shit from TB, the 'group' (1337 as you call it) of 8 people gets blamed for all the problems in a guild that had 80+ members...

Why do they asnwer the 1337 guy, but not mrnobody ? Why didnt you and your fellow 'depressed' members answer mrnobody ?

Ooohwell, back to the subject, Robbeehhhhh iest leaving...
Would you stop twisting the point all the time?
Wouldnt you agree on the fact that a guild would be alot better if all members feel united?
I think u said earlier that you dont know the whole story....
The reason i left TP (long time ago) had nothing to do with this issue, but i brought it up as an example.
Its easy to be anoyingly righteous without knowing the whole story............................................
and yes , the end of this discussion plz

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
Seeya Robby, didn't group or speak with you much but was always a nice guy.

Maoni - TP was a big guild, did you ever try setting a second group up?

I'd also like to add that rerolling isn't lame in my opinion. People do it all the time, the only reason New Order went to Excalibur is because it's better than Prydwen.

Ilur-OOM

Loyal Freddie
Well first and the reason of this thread... bb ronny... dont know you but anyways you deserve a bye... HF in camlann or whatever you do...

second:
there are a few guild related questions that imo should stay as that and not splashed all over public forums... but it's your call

third:
From this post you can see one of the big reasons why albs are so easy to farm... they cant even get things together inside /gu... just guess /as or /cg or /bg or whatever...

Play more argue less imo... you dont like to grp rr5- fine... just say so... you dont like pve fine... say so and do something else... just try and find a class/server/thing you like playing and do it the way you like it... wana solo as cleric in emain at 9pm do so... just dont blame people that have fun being fotm or in the so called 1337 grps cause that's prolly the way they have fun...

yet again... HF mate whatever you do...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
People who whine about not getting in the 'l33t group' are just people too damn lazy to make their own groups.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
People who whine about not getting in the 'l33t group' are just people too damn lazy to make their own groups.

I dont think thats true .Many a time on Alb ive sat at ATK for 30mins+ and its no fun at all .You as a scout wont experience this Loxley but it is very frustrating. Albs should take a leaf from Mids book use /as for more than just asking for /cg use /as to form grps .When i played on Alb with Theo we was in SS /as and this wasnt allowed .While ive been on Mid in WR /as, asking for ppl to join RvR grps via /as seems the norm and tbh it dramatically cuts the ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz of waiting at ATK/MTK for some class you lack to appear.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:
I dont think thats true .Many a time on Alb ive sat at ATK for 30mins+ and its no fun at all .You as a scout wont experience this Loxley but it is very frustrating. Albs should take a leaf from Mids book use /as for more than just asking for /cg use /as to form grps .When i played on Alb with Theo we was in SS /as and this wasnt allowed .While ive been on Mid in WR /as, asking for ppl to join RvR grps via /as seems the norm and tbh it dramatically cuts the ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz of waiting at ATK/MTK for some class you lack to appear.

I think you have utterly missed my point. Instead of sitting at atk, how about you make a group? May not always be as simple as that but it's a darn sight better, no?

When I RvRd in groups back in the day I would just do /who ClassINeed 50 and harrass them until I had a group. Usually took about ten minutes. Just think how many people there are like you sitting around drooling waiting for groups to make themselves.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Tartan didnt seem to have much problem getting to rr7 or 8 (think it was 8 but im confused now :p) in epic and using random groups. And no he didnt just zerg it all :/

Seeaira_Tempest

Fledgling Freddie
Sage said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NO]Magmatic
Exact same shit from TB, the 'group' (1337 as you call it) of 8 people gets blamed for all the problems in a guild that had 80+ members...

I find that section of the quote sooo Ironic and soo true!!!

So true. Its pretty pathetic when a group of friends who get together with a goal in mind to rvr get blamed for the problems in a guild with more people then they know what to do with. Same thing happened in SS and was just sad. We got called 'Pins group' 'Elite group' 'The groupies' and so on, and eventually lead to us all leaving SS.

Loxleyhood said:

That's it, in a nutshell. Such wise words loxy! :p
( why didnt you say that on the SS forum :p )

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Seeaira_Tempest said:
That's it, in a nutshell. Such wise words loxy! :p
( why didnt you say that on the SS forum :p )

Would make it harder for me to fill that nice Pin-shaped power vacume.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
I think you have utterly missed my point. Instead of sitting at atk, how about you make a group? May not always be as simple as that but it's a darn sight better, no?

When I RvRd in groups back in the day I would just do /who ClassINeed 50 and harrass them until I had a group. Usually took about ten minutes. Just think how many people there are like you sitting around drooling waiting for groups to make themselves.

LoL i dont sit drooling as you put it and i think you miss my point

Its not about ppl being lazy its about wanting to compete .Something that alot of ppl cant do without specific classes

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
was a good thread about RvR guilds and guilds with an "rvr group" a while ago - wonder if I can find it somewhere :)

was interesting to see the differences between the 1fg rvr guilds and the larger guilds which just had an "everyone welcome" policy and those which had an "rvr group" - the latter being cited as a big source of grief in a guild...

I'll go hunt it down :p

here we go:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=14829

(ps. bring back belomar in game!)

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Putting pressure on other people to make your gaming experience fun and enjoyable is really : a) arrogant b) selfish c) Lazy.

I remember the early days of GOL, people on this online game with 1000 people, for some fukked up reason, thought they could tell me, that I RvR too much, and do nothing for the guild. I was like "WTF, i log on to RvR, and some stranger is lecturing me about my commitments to people online"

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
If you start a guild and invite 100 people (or 8 people), don't you have a responsibilty to them to lead somewhat? If you agree to be an officer, don't you take on some of that responsibility?

I think the problems in most guilds/clans/ect has been when the person who thought a huge guild was a good idea leaves and the people picking up the leadership don't really want to plan what 100 different people should be doing. At least that is what looked like happened in TP and TB from the outside, I could be totally wrong.

We always played it the other way, which is just as dangerous for a guild. Meaning, we kept the numbers to about 10-15 active people. With people coming and going this meant that we could have an influx to 2fg+ (whoa!) or we could be 2-4 people for months :wub: Somehow we kept that going though... but it wasn't easy. I have good memories from both times :)

I admire guilds like CF and GoL who have kept going strong through so many changes and yet are still quite large. And also can field a pretty good RvR team. It must take alot of work. I also admire smaller guilds like NP and yes, BF, that can keep going through times when it's hard to make a fg and yet can still out pve anyone ^^

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:

Its not about ppl being lazy its about wanting to compete .Something that alot of ppl cant do without specific classes

If certain classes were really so necesary to compete I would have rerolled an Infiltrattor two years ago. What you're really saying is that you want to be perfect, perfect group, perfect classes.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:

u dont need specific classes to compete, AD do very good and their setup is very gimped in daoc of now, i think NO was good with our setup which was no way the optimal alb setup. and even TD do quite well with their mentalist grp, which we all know is not optimal for hib. Fact is that alot of people get pissed off at not getting good grps, well its their own fault, i know people who get a grp even if their class sucks cuz other people know they are good players. and the high rr grps rather have a good player than the specific class.

Debuffs

Fledgling Freddie
I think theo is sayin that too loxley :)

Its not as bad in mid we just make sure we have the basics and fill with ppl online. wasnt too bad in JD either as we were very small so was same ppl day in day out anyway. but with TP it was a large guild, who ran a tank grp 90% of the time, so if u wasnt the right class you were hard pushed to get a grp.
But there was nothing ever stoppin other members (casters) makin caster groups which 1 or 2 ppl did start to do at one point.
Imo the problem was that people were unwilling to join a guild group if certain individuals werent in them.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Have fun on Camlann Robby; we where once in the same guild and no matter what I still wish you all the best on Camlann ;)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
i think for people wanting regular rvr of a reasomble level the key is to get into a small rvr guild like BF, with larger guilds there is a inevitable clash in gaming mentality and what people want from the game, in which if u want good rvr it can usually be at the expense of whine in GU and bad feeling.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
i think for people wanting regular rvr of a reasomble level the key is to get into a small rvr guild like BF, with larger guilds there is a inevitable clash in gaming mentality and what people want from the game, in which if u want good rvr it can usually be at the expense of whine in GU and bad feeling.
Definitely agree with that - the quality and quantity of RvR is much higher in a 1-2fg RvR guild than in a guild with 150 members. :)

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
This was TB :

GuildLeader.JPG

--

A healthy guild has enough 'Eshlers' ... TB had 2 'regular Eshlers', and both where in the 'group'... Some of the other 'Eshlers' either where unable to play due to whatever reason (uni/irak/whatever)...

Did we say 'no' to a number of guildies, yes, our group needed certain classes (and have them perform certain tasks), without those classes, our group wouldnt perform (at all) and no one would have fun... Which got translated in ego of 'the group'...

Oohwell, its all in the past now...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Some people just don't realise that a group with no clerics (or whatever) isn't going to be much fun. :p

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Raguel said:
bleh bleh bleh whine whine whine...
all u l33t roXorZZ d00dz can kiss my scout's azz...go back to primary school and do spitting contests in mum's garden

Hf Robby and cya again one day!!

l33t RR5 scout :p

Good luck Robby :) and see you later on Excal perhaps.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Robby said:
I think it's time to say farewel to you all. Most of u won't know me i guess, but this is for the few peeps who do know me here.
I'd like to say, like others, that i found the girl of my life and ant to be with her more than with the computer. But nah, i'm gonna go camlann.
What's is the reason i leave? Like many of my armsman kind, i got totally fucked in this game. I wanted to be s/s arms, so i got even fucked 2 times.
But this is not the main reason. Armsmen don't suck. People who play them, like Kagato, Jimmy still have fun with the class. I don't give a damn i do low dmg, i don't ive a fuck about being only able to use snapshot to kill a lvl 30-. I know i can solo, i know i can help groups. But actually, people don't know what armsmen can do. But we just don't get accepted in groups, because everybody thinks we suck.
Other reason i leave is the way alb is acting. I've been online a few times in summerholiday, and what i saw was that almost no alb rr7 wants to join a random group, while mid/hib play high-low rr constantly.
for this reason i wonna say how much respect i have for Montarloo. he's a mid, so he's my enemy, but still, the way he grouped in begin of holiday, i haen been online since than, with the low rr's and made them win, learned them how to rvr deserves my respect.
so Montarloo, respect dude, this game needs peeps like u.
The only thing i really liked was being in odin, solo, or with groups of 4-5 people and go out to play. SDince toa we were sent to emain. I hate the place, full of people who can't paly out of ubergroups.
So, i can roll a fotm class: i cba it
I also cba it to play easymode and reroll to other realm (see Pure vision, New Order)
I've been in 5 guilds
Dark Crusaders: till lvl 20. they were my first internet friends
Flemish lions: uberfun guild
The Brethren: great guys in there. Only sorry that the high rr ubergrp had a big ego
The prodigy: see The brethren
AsQ: great guild, i didn't spend enough time with u guys, sorry for leaving ya so soon.
I'm not gonna thank peeps, because i will forget more than i will thank.
But, too end i want to wish much of luck to all who play armsmen: u guys rock because u can have fun while u don't play easy classes.
i might be back a bit in NF, but doubt it tbh. Nut u can be sure of one thing: if u see Robby the armsman run around, it will be me, and not some prick who bought me at ebay

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx all
Welcome to camlann, the future of daoc lies here since mythic has shown they just like to buttfuck rvr servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom