'gimped' classes needs a boost?

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
poor you who has to play in fotm groups :(

hm, i'm fine thanks
in 99% cases i play with skald and in 70% cases i play with bd, so i dont speak for myself i speak for mid in general

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Armsmen: Fix double spec to properly negate damage variance as its supposed to (do NOT remove it, just fix the fucking thing !).
Increase base damage to be the same as warriors.
Style Review ! I wont list the needed changes for everything but for gods sake Poleaxe and Defenders Aegis need sorting out badly, both are pointless now.

And seeing as our currently unique RA, Soldiers Barricade, in NF is a simple Damage Absorb, rather then the AF boost it currently is, why the hell can't our new unique RA be the same old big group AF boost with a different name instead?

And all of this still wont make Armsmen anymore wanted in groups, but it would be a start.

Other classes that need some love:

Necros in RvR, nerf their pve and give them some RvR love.

Thuergists, give them some gtaoe so they can actually be the siege casters there meant to be.

Friars, self buffs are no longer an advantage with so many bb's about, they need more rej love.

Wizards, need some utility or having their damage brought up to par

SB's need a bit of a damage boost or something, but their never alone anyway so not such an issue :p

NS's see above.

Thanes no idea what they need but they need something.

Alot of ways to improve some classes though is to simply nerf the over powered ones.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
nah Anubis very saldom runs in perfect mid grp setup and when he does then he perma whines bout wicked speed ;)

If it has no interrupts, it ain't perfect set up is it? Start grouping some interrupters if you want interrupts - just like Albs and Hibs do.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Armsmen: need a reason for them to exist. With all due respect to the lovely people who play them at the moment, they really don't have much of a role in RvR.

Necro: Only one thing wrong with the necro, and that's the bloody stupid fact that you have to specially target the pet when healing. Without that, necro's are surprisingly good in groups if you know how to use them.

Friar: Needs the rejuv line revamping. At the moment, there's no good reason to spec beyond 7 or at the most 18 in rejuv. Something group friendly would be nice.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
If it has no interrupts, it ain't perfect set up is it? Start grouping some interrupters if you want interrupts - just like Albs and Hibs do.
Shammy is there to interrupt. But it's easiely to interrupt the interrupter, i.e. chanter with insta dps debuff.

Thanatlos

Fledgling Freddie
Every class that has a must have spec needs a fix or a useless spec option (a few examples):
- Shaman (no-one specs rejuv because other lines have much better alternatives)
- Sorc (mind spec is a must)
- Wizard (has distinct spec options but lacks value in each line really)
- Enchanters (no-one specs enchantment because alternatives are way better)
- Mentalist (no-one specs mentalism because alternatives are way better)
- Friar (no-one specs rejuv because the alternatives are better)
- Bard (no-one specs regrowth because other lines contain thing that are considered must haves)
- Ranger (no-one specs pathfinding because the self buffs only add dmg add to buffbot buffs)
- Cleric (no-one specs smite since its value is severely limited)

Melee in itself seems to have several options that are very dependent on the utility of the weaponstyles but they are less forced in a 'must be this spec' -role.

There's a lot of classes that have nice tricks in lines that wont get speced for because other lines simply have more or better tricks. Dont nerf tricks, add more of them so we'll see more varied specs.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:

i didnt say there are NO interrupts in this setup, i did say there are no ranged _insta_ interrupts on short timer
all this "midgard insta realm bla-bla-bla" whine is sooooooooooo last year (maybe even two years)

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Thanatlos said:
- Bard (no-one specs regrowth because other lines contain thing that are considered must haves)

why dont spec 43/33/37?
or bards are afraid to lose 300 radius insta? ;)
healers do sacrifice their 300 instas for spread

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gordonax said:
Armsmen: need a reason for them to exist. With all due respect to the lovely people who play them at the moment, they really don't have much of a role in RvR.

crossbow is the reason for armsmen!

double speccing does reduce your variance - in the same way speccing 1h reduces your variance.

It increases your average damage towards its cap, therefore more likely to hit the cap therefore less variance.

That's all they meant by variance in those oh so woefully innacurate grab bags so long ago.

Of course warriors and heros get both the 2h damage bonus (5%+0.5*spec I believe) and the increase in base damage towards cap from the one spec line (along with the style multiplier) an armsman/paladin gets the 2h damage bonus and the style multiplier from 2h or pole, and the base damage from the base weapon line.

Oh and gimme double damage on smite ;) that or acuity buffs :)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Donno if anyone said this, but I think Warden should get
aoe stun or something that helps hibs with interrupts abit :p

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
armsman is played as an offensive tank right? :> just make it dmg so much that it doesnt matter for groups if they take an armsman or a merc.

And tbh, they aint THAT gimped :> a friend plays merc in a alb rvr guild on guinevere and they always got 2 mercs or 1 merc and armsman, and it seems to work quite fine.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
crispy said:
a friend plays merc in a alb rvr guild on guinevere and they always got 2 mercs or 1 merc and armsman
Cant resist the temptation to point out that Guinevere is a ROLEPLAY server :p

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
old.anubis said:
i didnt say there are NO interrupts in this setup, i did say there are no ranged _insta_ interrupts on short timer
all this "midgard insta realm bla-bla-bla" whine is sooooooooooo last year (maybe even two years)

47 Pulverize Skeleton Enemy 0s/0s/4s Rng: 1500 123 d/80% (Body) 30 power

+ Banelord abilities

And neither hib/alb has insta ranged interrupts (enchanter v1.72 asd bug fix)

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Determination,chain armor and a big shield for my runie :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
crispy said:
armsman is played as an offensive tank right? :> just make it dmg so much that it doesnt matter for groups if they take an armsman or a merc.

And tbh, they aint THAT gimped :> a friend plays merc in a alb rvr guild on guinevere and they always got 2 mercs or 1 merc and armsman, and it seems to work quite fine.

a mercenary doesn't have the problem of bladeturn and will do 165% of 1h damage rather than 140%.

Only thing going for an armsman is a stun.

They're not terrible they're just obsolete.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
47 Pulverize Skeleton Enemy 0s/0s/4s Rng: 1500 123 d/80% (Body) 30 power

omfg
can you read or not?
fotm mid group (3 healers shaman zerk savage warr sm/rm)
yes sometimes there's bd in there, or skald, or thane or whatever
but you know what "fotm" means?

+ Banelord abilities

reaver (not common ok)
friar (not common ok)
paladin (sh1tloads of em)
minstrel (common)

bard (hib grp w/o bard any1?)
chanter (very common)
+champ/vw (same rarity as bd/thane i guess)

and 1.72 is not yet even on us
bug you say?
tell it to stajj then

Attachments

• stajjijjon.jpg
    stajjijjon.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 194

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
old.anubis said:
omfg
can you read or not?
fotm mid group (3 healers shaman zerk savage warr sm/rm)
yes sometimes there's bd in there, or skald, or thane or whatever
but you know what "fotm" means?

You run with a bd very often, if u wanna be fotm 100% run with Verka all the times e.g.

Read bwtween lines, you asked for insta range interrupt, i gave u the solution, if you have probs with stajj adapt n invite bd's to your grp :m00:
Or do you seriuosly think healers need asd interrupt back?? :eek7:

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
You run with a bd very often, if u wanna be fotm 100% run with Verka all the times e.g.

Read bwtween lines, you asked for insta range interrupt, i gave u the solution, if you have probs with stajj adapt n invite bd's to your grp :m00:
Or do you seriuosly think healers need asd interrupt back?? :eek7:
right, we traded dmg output for interrupt abilities (bd + skald instaed of supp sm + savage). But now it's kinda far from what is called "f0tm setup". ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
old.anubis said:
why dont spec 43/33/37?
or bards are afraid to lose 300 radius insta? ;)
healers do sacrifice their 300 instas for spread

43/33/37 means not even purple AE-mezz unless u mean 43 music which means not even end5/speed5

END4 sucks kinda imo and Speed4 is just dumb; if u run with a Mach5-bringer he should spec Mach5 imo

Bards job is not to heal primarily; its job is CC,endurance,speed, interrupt.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
The game needs less interrupts not more, especially midgard. :(

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
Bard...
Minor Lullaby(Amnesia) Range 2300 Recast 5s Cost 2PP
Superior Lullaby(AOE Amnesia) Range 2300 Recast 10s Area 325 Cost 27PP
Reaver...
Soul Bane(DoT) Range 1500 Recast 30s
Soul Siphon(lifedrain) Range 1000 Recast 30s
Paladin...
Infuriate(Taunt) Range 1350 Recast 30s
Friar...
Incense(Taunt) Range 1350 Recast 30s
(Savage..
Infurating Gesture(Taunt) Range 1350 Cast time 2s :twak: )

And i am not listing the debuffs that all casters have cuz i am not sure if they interrupt..

vintervargen

Banned
old.anubis said:
fotm mid group (3 healers shaman zerk savage warr sm/rm) has exactly ZERO range interrupts on short timer

your group got a bd who can interrupt 3 people on its own tho.

albs get spec AF, mids get celerity.

give hib base int! :D

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
43/33/37 means not even purple AE-mezz unless u mean 43 music which means not even end5/speed5

END4 sucks kinda imo and Speed4 is just dumb; if u run with a Mach5-bringer he should spec Mach5 imo

Bards job is not to heal primarily; its job is CC,endurance,speed, interrupt.

37 music
u get 1.01 min mezz intead of 1.10, not a big deal
44 pac healers get 1.05 min mezz, and 36 pac healers get 52 sec mezz and feel more or less comfortable

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
insta CC != insta interrupts on short timer (reaver - skald - mincer etc etc)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i guess u never saw a friar + pally duo :p heal over time for the win + BG + graple + evuhl dmg ^^

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
ruudoniac said:
Bard...
Minor Lullaby(Amnesia) Range 2300 Recast 5s Cost 2PP
Superior Lullaby(AOE Amnesia) Range 2300 Recast 10s Area 325 Cost 27PP
Reaver...
Soul Bane(DoT) Range 1500 Recast 30s
Soul Siphon(lifedrain) Range 1000 Recast 30s
Paladin...
Infuriate(Taunt) Range 1350 Recast 30s
Friar...
Incense(Taunt) Range 1350 Recast 30s
(Savage..
Infurating Gesture(Taunt) Range 1350 Cast time 2s :twak: )

And i am not listing the debuffs that all casters have cuz i am not sure if they interrupt..

No they dont interrupt

Agreeked with reaver, its an interrupt machine. Buuuuut, notice the 30s recast on paly/friar taunt n compare it with 4sec recast of other instas from mid/hib (pbdisease, asd, lifetap e.g)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
your group got a bd who can interrupt 3 people on its own tho.

albs get spec AF, mids get celerity.

give hib base int! :D

You have conc based haste on dr00ds :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
minstrel interrupts are on a lower timer but are short range (700 I believe?)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Summoner said:
right, we traded dmg output for interrupt abilities (bd + skald instaed of supp sm + savage). But now it's kinda far from what is called "f0tm setup". ;)

how much less damage does a BD do compared to a supp SM or a dark runey?

Just out of curiosity - never seen many comparisons...

obviously if there's interrupts flying around the BD wins ;) but how much do you lose out when they're both nuking away (with the BD lobbing in the odd lifetap)?

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
how much less damage does a BD do compared to a supp SM or a dark runey?

Just out of curiosity - never seen many comparisons...

obviously if there's interrupts flying around the BD wins ;) but how much do you lose out when they're both nuking away (with the BD lobbing in the odd lifetap)?
Any caster using spec nukes is able nearly 3 shot a caster and 4-5 shots seers. PBAE hurts even more. BD is able to do about the same dmg (with dark base nukes + insta LT) as spec nuker but it costs him a way more power. So BDs run outta power very fast.

I dont think that bd is able to kill anyone only using his LT unless that target lacks healing for like 15-20secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom